unplanned pregnancies - how did it happen?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2010, 02:47 PM
SoonToBe3's Avatar Making room for #3!
DH had a vasectomy March 2009. I think a tube grew back. I also lost a baby in February this year too.

October 9th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Libby22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1st pregnancy was pull out

this pregnancy no contraception use tho I was safe cos till my period came after m/c.

af came oct 22 wed nz time
October 13th, 2010, 02:28 PM
I didn't use anything even though I knew I should but he kept telling me I didn't need to and I didn't want to make him mad.
October 19th, 2010, 09:34 AM
I was 20 years old when I gave birth to Maria... I was having an affair with my management teacher.... We didnt really use any protection because I never thought that I would get pregnant...
Well I did... I was really scared... But he stayed with me and now we're married.. I did get my Bachelor degree, but I changed school because I didnt want him to have any problems...
We've been together for the past 15years and now I'm pregnant again... I don't regret anything...

Hes the love of my life and Maria is a gift from up above and the little baby growing inside of me too...
October 20th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Showbiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My first two were planned. My third pg was in August (I MCed at 7 weeks). We had been using condoms from CD 10-CD 18, and I got pg on CD 25. Here we are, a month later, and accidently knocked up again! I didn't know where I was in my cycle because of the MC. I had bled lightly for several days before the big bleeding started, so I just didn't have a clue. DH, who is a MAJOR planner, wanted a morning quickie one morning and I was *shocked* he didn't get a condom. You know the rest of the story

November 7th, 2010, 11:17 AM
The first I found out for Valentine's day... had a little too much fun on New Year's lol

My current pregnancy - I had yet to have a TOM b/c of breastfeeding... So, I didn't really worry about getting pregnant... too much... lol... but here we go! lol I love my babies!
November 11th, 2010, 10:50 AM
MissChryssie:)'s Avatar Katheryns' Mommie ♥
I was the 1% of the population that the birth control didn't work, and I took it religiously for 3 years. :/
November 22nd, 2010, 11:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I messed up my birth control right before my period (like only 4 days to go). However the period never came. I assumed it was due to the weight loss. So bf and I just kept at it like life was normal (basicly un protected sex) while I waited for my period to start again so I could start the birth control again. Well, when it didnt come for the second month I took the home test. 3 BFPs and followed by a dr blood test, I am now 7 weeks pregnant! At least my bf is taking it really well (better than I am most days).
December 9th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Veteran
zero protection for the first
Condoms for the second

December 12th, 2010, 08:17 PM
mrsfitz31b's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I missed one pill on our wedding night while we were cutting the cake- he was saying "Hey, your alarm is going off in my pocket" and I was thinking "Oh, gee... I left the pills an hour away!".

Two weeks later, BFP. I had even doubled my BCP the day after like I was supposed to.

Totally unplanned, but he's wanted nonetheless!!

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my awesome siggy!

January 8th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Super Mommy
My first son was a result of a messed up cycle and DTD when I thought it was safe.

This one was the result of zero protection, and DTD with no artificial lubrication.

January 17th, 2011, 05:27 AM
Veteran
pull out method for me.

Christine: 11/23/95, Juliane: 08/23/2011, Johanna: 09/01/2012
Alexander: 09/28/2013

EDD: 04/07/2015

January 17th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Mom to minions's Avatar Super Mommy
Diaphragm with spermicide. Plus we used a spermicide lube. *sighs* First month using it too.
January 17th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was on the pill. Never missed one,no antibotics,nothing that I can figure out.

February 27th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Pull out method does not work apparently. =)

I did take the morning after pill that week though so im still unsure on how it stuck but it did! 26 wks, supporting/happy husband, no insurance, and we are happy.
March 9th, 2011, 12:05 PM
I took the pill religiously, but still managed to fall pregnant! I was on Microgynon. A lot of people seem to fall pregnant on this pill, no idea why

xxx
March 10th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Veteran
My first was unplanned, I was 18 and taking Ortho Novum 777 that I got from the Health Dept., aparently it does not go well with Imitrex for migraines cause here I am 11 years later with a happy heathly 10 year old from it.

My second was and wasn't planned, ex-dh and I had just gotten married, wanted another one so I stopped taking my bc the week before the wedding, low and behold I got pregnant on the honeymoon. Just never thought it would happen that quick.

The one that I am pregnant with now was very much wanted, not sure about planned. I had a M/C on July 9th and just figured it was not in our cards to have a kid together. This is my now DH, but low and behold I was pg with this DS by the end of that same month.

I am going to go on the patch hopefully after this one is born and done breastfeeding, not too sure what we will do yet in the meantime.
March 13th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Aidan~N~Haileys Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With DS I had stopped bc in Jan of 08 and we were using the pull and pray method. By the end of Feb I was pregnant. But we were excited because in the beginning of March I finally convinced DH to start TTC 2 weeks later I had a missed period tested a few days later BFP.

Currently we are NTNP have been off BC since October and nothing so far!! Kinda weird how things work..LOL

March 17th, 2011, 02:00 PM
MissChryssie:)'s Avatar Katheryns' Mommie ♥
I was using BC religiously since I was 16, and I still got pregnant. We made sure we did everything to prevent it, and it happened anyways. As far as I'm concerned this means I was meant to get pregnant. Either way, I am so excited to be expecting a baby girl, Katherynn Marie
March 20th, 2011, 12:36 AM
Veteran
pull out too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search