unplanned pregnancies - how did it happen?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2011, 05:06 PM
was having frequent unprotected sex for a year with my bf. never got pregnant once. i didn't know if it was him or me or whatever but, for some reason christmas day, we conceived! i was totally shocked, it was like a mircale because i was so sad i thought i couldn't have children, and then took the test and YAYYY!!!!!!!!
March 22nd, 2011, 10:54 PM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Most likely it was because of February 9th. Neither of us thought about it being a week and a half after my last period so there was no contraception used.

Oh all the times for that to happen. I've done the early pull out so many times over the years and it happens with the one guy I didn't want it to happen with.

But it's MY baby, not his, so it'll be okay

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

April 17th, 2011, 01:46 PM
lala2007's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lala2007
It was my first time thought I was in love used pull out method because we forgot the condoms. Now I have a beautiful baby girl.

Thank you so much Alethia
April 28th, 2011, 09:15 AM
JadaJade's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to JadaJade
Uhm... Well, we usually used condoms and I had to stop taking the pill because I was allergic to it. We got tipsy when a storm took the electricity away and we uh. had "fun" he didn't use a condom and I was a little too drunk to notice and he said " let's make a baby." and I was like " excuse me?" and then he literally said " here I go." *facepalm* The next morning we woke up, and we couldn't believe what had happened tho it was a bit foggy. I told him. " I'm pregnant. I don't know how I know, but I am." and he was convinced that I wasn't and that couples try for years of unprotected sex and nothing happened and that he doubted I would be, because he's only got one testicle and wasn't sure he could have children that easily.....well.. it only takes one sperm and I guess it was determined to prove him wrong.

Lil' Mister, Spencer James is due to arrive 11/1/11!
GO TEAM BLUE!!
May 2nd, 2011, 01:42 AM
The effectiveness of pills mostly varies from some factors. It is 96-99% effective but if taken with missed doses then it would not be a reliable contraceptive anymore. Better yet switch to injectables if you are too busy with your daily routines. It would only take one injection for the next 3 months.
May 15th, 2011, 04:26 PM
I just turned 36 in April and I thought was not supposed to be able to get pregnant naturally. Two years ago I had dermoid cysts removed from both of my ovaries. My entire right ovary was also removed (the cyst had twisted it so badly I almost had developed gangrene) and a chunk of my left ovary as well. I was married at the time and I was told that if I wanted children I needed to see a fertility doctor because it was not going to happen naturally. The fertility doctor I saw diagnosed me as having three types of infertility: infertility - unspecified, infertility - tubal, and infertility - uterine. That's when I found out that I had a heart shaped uterus that wasn't properly formed, I had a corrective surgery for the improperly shaped uterus; but was still told that in vitro was going to be the only way I could get pregnant and even the odds for that were less than 30%.

TELL THAT TO THE SPERM AND EGG THAT FOUND EACH OTHER!!! Without IVF!!!

Now I'm doubting whether I understood what the doctors were telling me. Maybe they just met that I would need IVF to get pregnant with my ex (He had a vasectomy that was unsuccessfully reversed; but that part of the IVF was only discussed as an aside to what was wrong with me.) I just don't think I could have mis-understood that badly.

Regardless, the first man I've been with since my marriage ended and I managed to get pregnant pretty quickly (1st cycle). It helped that we didn't use birth control because I explained my medical condition and I assured him that I couldn't get pregnant without IVF, that's what the doctors said. Boy do I feel stupid and I also feel guilty - I should have gotten checked out again or asked more specific questions of the doctors or something.

When my period was late I didn't think anything about it, my periods were very irregular before the cysts were removed and I thought it was a sign that they had returned, which I had been told was probable. I only took a pregnancy test because I was calling to get an appointment to have things checked out and knew I'd be asked if pregnancy was a possibility. Imagine my surprise when 2 bright blue lines popped up on the indicator very quickly. I looked at the package and back at the test a couple of times. Put them in the trash. And Googled "Reasons for a false positive pregnancy test". One of the things listed was cancer, so I reasoned I was either pregnant or had cancer. Two positive tests later, the digital kind that you can't misread, and I was pretty sure I had cancer.

The receptionist at the doctor's office didn't know what to think when I called to make an appointment. But I was able to get in later that day. The doctor I saw pretty much disregarded any cancer concerns because she had never heard of cancer causing a false positive. The test at the office came back positive as well. I'm not sure if it was my shock or the fact that I'm over 35 or the fact that I was crampy with mild back pain or the fact that with my medical history she was worried about an ectopic pregnancy but for whatever reason she called radiology and was able to get me scheduled for a transvaginal ultrasound.

I actually started to believe I was pregnant when I saw the little yolk sac, and fetal pole, and then its little heart beat. I researched enough that I know seeing the heart beat at 6 weeks is a good sign and does decrease the risk of miscarriage a little bit.

It's been an interesting week, the baby's father knows now. We're both still in shock and varying degrees of "What is going on?" and there's some coulda, woulda, shoulda going on as well as we both come to grips and try to figure things out. Which I hope is soon because the wait is like torture for me.
December 7th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Regular
Used a condom
Christine: 09/16/2013
EDD: 12/15/2014

December 19th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Cylence's Avatar I'm a Toys 'R Us kid
Hubby & I figured we couldn't have kids. We weren't really protecting ourselves. Silly, huh?
Things happen for a reason I guess.
December 21st, 2011, 01:40 PM
Branduxa's Avatar Praying for #2
Was 19 on bcps and antibiotics, didn't know that they can cause bcps to fail. Boy was I informed and SHOCKED!

9 years later my son is healthy and happy and I can't imagine life w/o him.
January 1st, 2012, 06:15 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
we didn't use protection because he didn't believe he could have kids, and i *thought* AF would begin any day. also pulled out. i only tested to prove i wasn't pregnant. :-D
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

January 22nd, 2012, 08:38 PM
amyinwonderland's Avatar Rylan & Delaney's Mommy
I'm still asking myself...how in the world did this happen? I am 41 (almost 42). I've been taking the same kind of BCP (Ocella...generic Yasmin) for probably 2 years religiously. On top of that our "relations" are extremely infrequent (maybe once a month). Needless to say...I'm kind of in shock right now.
January 28th, 2012, 01:33 AM
it is really blessed to have a baby. Who doesl it look like or its skin color? Can't wait to see until he or she is born. On the other hand, I also encounter stress of. emotional and also physical. Physical stress usually deals on back stress. Not only oldies suffer on that but also the young ones especially the pregnant ones.
January 29th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feeny View Post
My first pregnancy was unplanned. We used condoms, but not always. We didn't really think about consequences much. A case of teen foolishness coupled with the classic teen illusion of being invincible. We truly learnt our lesson there.
Same! But the "we" is now just "me". It's better this way, though - for me and more importantly for my little one.

Last edited by PorterXVX; January 29th, 2012 at 09:49 PM.
January 30th, 2012, 08:13 AM
pauriemmo's Avatar Veteran
I haven't read all of the stories, but I'm sure that mine is completely different from everyone's. TMI alert.

My current pregnancy was planned, but my first definitely was not. I was getting ready to go to Iraq and like a lot of people, I was scared that I might not come back. (It was the beginning of 2005, so it was right around the time of their elections). I called a guy I knew so I could DTD one last time. There wasn't much communication. I thought he would pull out, he assumed I was on birth control, which I wasn't.

Nine months later, I got my beautiful son and I wouldn't have it any other way. As for the guy, he's never seen my son in person. I still had a fairy tale ending because my son calls my husband "Daddy"
February 1st, 2012, 12:47 AM
Veteran
Pull out method does not work

February 1st, 2012, 08:46 AM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
Oi vey. The pill.

What happened is I finished up my last pack under the belief I had one more left. Oops no I didn't and I work very odd hours sometime so I didn't make it to the pharmacy until the next week to refill my subscription. We used other protection, though it clearly wasn't as effective as the pill...

Sounds like such a stupid reason to end up pregnant. In the future I'll go to the pharmacy right away instead of being lazy.

Pinterest
Flickr
March 6th, 2012, 08:31 PM
.:Kati:.'s Avatar kyler's mommy
i've been with my man going on 6 years,we never used protection just the pull out method and our baby boy kyler is the best thing that happened unplanned.

March 8th, 2012, 10:47 AM
brandi6088's Avatar Super Mommy
My 1st son i was 18 and dumb, thought ( it hasnt happened yet i cant get preggo if you only do it a few times) ended up preggo of course =) My 2nd sons dad we dated for a year, always took my pills, he got sick very sick almost died was in the hospital (ruptured stomach ulcers) then he got infection almost died again, was in ICU, horrible experience, i was at the hospital that whole time, stopped taking them, finally he got out we dtd ONE time a few weeks later and he was in so much pain we didnt do anything for 2 months after that, but sure enough that ONE time i got preggo. NOW im married and actually trying to get pregnant and it seems like its taking forever!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search