Scared and unsure of what to do

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Well first off I am new here so hello everyone

And second, well my situation is this. I am officially a week late in my period and I have been experiencing some pregnancy symptoms. Now I thought this was all stress and such at first, and so I've just been trying to relax and not get upset about anything, and still nothing.

I am extremely nervous about taking a pregnancy test, because one I'm only 22 and I'm still in college, my last year until I get my degree and second the "potential" father is a FwB of mine who is going through a hard time, and the last thing is, I do have someone in Ohio but it is long distance and that's an entirely different story haha

Well techincally, my last cycle started on Sat but every month it switches from Thurs to Sat and this month it would have been on Thurs. So anyway, should I take the test today or wait until Saturday? Either way I'm so nervous and a bit nauseous haha. I love kids, always wanted some of my own but not until I was married...and out of college. This would definitely put a dent in my plans, especially since I always have my mom and grandma telling me not to get pregnant. I would be kicked out if I was but I wouldn't give up my child if I do turn out to be pregnant so any advice would be great!!
December 10th, 2009, 03:56 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
if youre a week late you can take a test today and have an accurate result, personally id take it sooner rather than later so that you dont keep yourself crazy wondering what if, take the test then you will know one way or another and can go from there!

If you are pregnant, whatever you decide to do, everything is going to be fine, plenty of women go to school pregnant or with young children, they all did just fine and im sure you will too!

let us know what the test says

good luck!!

December 10th, 2009, 04:13 AM
Well I just took it and.....the test is positive..... I'm pregnant =/

I'm in completely shock right now. I plan on taking another test....to make sure the one I took is accurate
December 10th, 2009, 04:38 AM
((Hugs)) i took 4 in 2 days just to make sure, im still not sure it feels real

December 10th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Holdens Mommy <3
Hugs !!! everything happens for a reason. cry if you need to (i cried for 2 hours straight when I found out) once it sinks in you'll feel better and know exactly what to do.
December 10th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Super Mommy
here is the honest truth:

having a baby isnt about giving up your dreams. if you really want to finish college, you will in due time. Finish what you can while pregnant, and then if you arent done with the degree you want take as much time off as you need before continueing it. It could be a few years, i wont lie, but if you are determined you will be just fine.

secondly, you should probably tell the father. I know hes going through a rough time right now. Maybe put it to him that you dont expect anything of him but that you wanted him to know, and you understand he has his own issues right now, but if he wants anything to do with his baby you are in support of that.

thirdly, you are going to be a mommy! these things happen more often unplanned than they do planned, trust me on that one. both of mine have been accidents, you love them just as much irregardless. I am sure you will make the best decisions for yourself and your little one. I wish you good luck
December 10th, 2009, 07:39 PM
@ Irish: *hugs back* yeah I'm still like wow I can't believe I'm actually pregnant!

@ Rachel: I did! and yeah your right, I'm just waiting for it to completely sink in. It feels so surreal

@ Sassy: Well I did tell the father and I did tell him that I don't expect anything from him but he was just as shocked as I was but he kind of had a feeling when I said that I had to talk to him. We are still talking through what we are going to do, but I said that I can just deal with it on my own but he wants to be there for appointments and stuff when he can. But unfortunately, that situation is a bit more messier than I actually knew.

But thank you I do plan on keeping it, which is also something me and the father had a disagreement about. He wanted me to at least think about adoption and abortion, but I said no and I'm standing firm by it
December 11th, 2009, 03:44 AM
you should come join me in the august DDC!!!!

December 11th, 2009, 07:40 AM
i totally understand where you are coming from! i am also 22 and not finished college yet! and i am due in march! it was a complete surprise but we are excited! if you need to talk or anything i am here!
December 11th, 2009, 03:53 PM
@ Irish: I will!!!

@ Ems: Well congrats to you! and thank you for that! Now that my brain isn't too scrambled I did get info on prenatal care and assistance since I don't have insurance.

As for the father, he seems okay for now but I'm taking it one day at a time with him
December 12th, 2009, 10:45 AM
iMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on your pregnancy! Even though it wasn't planned, if you want to make it work, you can and will. I am in a kind of similar situation -- I'm nine weeks along. The baby's father is a friend of mine (and also my roommate -- for the time being). I'm 27 and a graduate student, so not really in the best place financially for having a baby. I never realized I cold be so happy and so sad and terrified at the same time. Feel free to message me if you want to talk at at all. Good luck!
December 12th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I also am 22 and not finished with college...and my BF has barely started with it. My pregnancy was totally unplanned, so I know how you feel...and it feels surreal to me too. Good for you for being firm and sticking by your choice, even though this is very difficult...BF wanted me to strongly consider abortion...but, of course, I'm keeping it. If you ever need anyone to talk to, please feel free
December 13th, 2009, 02:24 AM
shadesofsorrow
Well it sound like you have a good grip on things.Just always remember that you aren't alone and that you aren't the first to be doing this.Others have survived and thrived and so can you.Take things one day at a time and don't stress.
Parents and grandparents will come around in time.Usually even the most unsuportive ones!
Get what you can done with school while you're pregnant and be sure to visit with advisors for a plan after you have the baby.Alot of things can be done online now or with a reduced shedual.Also alot of schools now offer alot of different options to mothers.
Good luck doll and if you ever need an ear let me know!
December 13th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Thank you pregnant, rainbow, and shades Definitely will be giving you all a shout out.

@pregnant: yeah the baby's father is 26 and is having work/financial problems of his own too

@ rainbow: Yeah I'm still kind of like is this really happening? But I'm slowly coming to terms with being okay with it

@ shades: I will definitely be getting into appts and stuff like that very soon

Though I will say me and the father have been talking everyday and he always ends with a you just relax and try to stay stress free.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search