Just announced upcoming divorce, now pregnant.

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2009, 07:12 AM
My husband and I have lived apart for a few years because of his career. We were to be living together again in May but I just can't (long story, lots of reasons) so I told him I want a divorce. Just getting used to the idea and started "dating" a sweet, funny, fun, and incredibly immature man 10 years younger than myself. This was fun, a needed ego boost, a distraction. I am now 6 weeks pregnant. I have 3 amazing children ages 12, 9, and 8. I am excited about the baby (being a mother is what I do) but I am also terrified. The father to be is thrilled. He has no children and couldn't be more excited about this baby but I am pretty sure he won't be much help. So now I will be alone with 4. Wish me luck. I could use some.
December 13th, 2009, 09:41 AM
lilflower
Good luck. I found out I was pregnant before my divorce too. Any time you want to PM me feel free!
December 13th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Regular
Just lurking, but I just wanted to pop in and tell you that you never know. Something as big as a baby on the way could make the father-to-be become more mature. Him being thrilled about it is a good sign. Sometimes parents end up growing up along with their children. Good luck, you'll find a lot of great support here!
December 13th, 2009, 08:53 PM
frugality=reality
Good luck! Maybe he'll surprise you and be a great daddy!
December 14th, 2009, 04:40 AM
Thanks a bunch guys. I hope you all are right and he will do a bunch of growing up. And yes, the fact that he is excited is a good sign. I realize a lot of men would have bolted. Instead he is picking baby names with me. He may be immature but he is a wonderful man!
December 15th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Caelen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lurking.. but wanted to put in my 2 cents!

I didn't think my husband would be much help either and he shocked me when our son was born. Sometimes he needs a reminder.. but will do anything I ask of him. He's gotten up to change diapers and feed the baby, gotten up early with him so I can sleep in, watched him so I can get out of the house and just generally always asking if he can help. The guy might just shock you like my husband did! The only thing is that if he does help, encourage him! The more he feels like he can do it, the more he will do it! His excitement could go a long way! He sounds like a sweet man from what you have posted about him.

Good luck to you! Congratulations on your baby and I hope your 9 months are happy and healthy. Things will work out for you!
December 16th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Carrieanne's Avatar Member
Our situations are really very similar, so I understand how you are feeling. I agree that the fact that he is excited is a really good sign. Good luck and if you ever want to talk Im a good listener

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search