No more job for me..

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2006, 05:19 PM
ashley *'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Guess what? I got FIRED. Now I need to vent.

So I went in today (I'm a waitress BTW) and waited on 1 table. I noticed the door was getting backed up, because we only had one hostess and she was busy w/ checks, so I decided to seat them. After that, I was expected to seat EVERY table, and mind my own. This was pissing me off, because I wasn't getting any new tables. After a few hours of this, one of my managers was redoing the sections, and all the waitresses were over there complaining about how many tables they had or didn't have, so I went over and told one of the girls to make sure he knows I'm only on my second, and that I'm not hostessing anymore bc I'm not getting a hostesses' pay. He looked up and said print your check and meet me in the back. By this time I knew I was fired, but thought I might be able to redeem myself to him. In a few he came back, and I immediatly apoligized for what I said and the mistakes I made hostessing (agian, not my job, and never trained to do it). He told me no, it's not working out (I don't get that, because I was a good waitress, yanno, my job and all) and to go clock out. I went to clock out and another manager came over and took me to the back to talk, and as I was explaining another manager came over and asked what happened, so I was telling him and the first manager (the one that fired me) came over and said "Well are you leaving? Do you have a ride?" EXSCUSE ME????? I was friggin talking!!!! So then I went outside, to wait for my ride, and the ONLY hostess came out in just her bra because she quit and handed them her shirt right there. That was sooo great, now the ##### are stuck with no hostesses. ahhh haaa. After that I went back in to see when pay day was, and a manger met me at the door bc heaven forbid a customer see me. I'm just so mad I'm shaking. Was I wrong for saying I wasn't doing that job? Waitresses get $2.83/h plus tips. Hostesses get $5.15/h (me and the hostess thought that it was $6.00 an hour because we were told this) So basically I was working the $5.15/h hostess job for $2.83/h. I mean come on now. I was tired of getting screamed at in Arabic anyway, so they can all go somewhere with theirselves.

Thanks for listening to me ramble ladies
April 4th, 2006, 05:59 PM
*Leslie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Leslie* Send a message via Yahoo to *Leslie*
Sounds like it's better off that you are gone now anyways.... you don't need that kind of stress while you are pregnant! Glad they are stuck now, with one less waitress and hostess!

TTC our Rainbow Baby to complete our family.
April 4th, 2006, 06:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
I'm so sorry to hear about that!! Sounds like your boss is a total a**!! It might be better for you anyways because it would probably be very hard on you when you get further along. Plus now you can look for a job (if you plan on getting another one) that pays better and has a better work enviroment. Sorry you had such a crappy day. I hope everything gets better for you!!
Northcutt2Be
April 4th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Lekilig86's Avatar Super Mommy
Omg excuse me for whatever im about to say.
That is total BS! I worked as a hostess and they don't do server's jobs, and server's def. don't do their jobs. That just goes to show how UNORGANIZED most restaurants can be with shaky management...Lonestar is a good example of being unorganized, the one i worked at anyway. That is funny too that the hostess walked out. Good for her...maybe they'll regret it but you are better off not being there anyway. That is crazy.

</a>
<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
</a>
</div>
April 4th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm really sorry to hear they fired you...For one, you had every right to say what you said. You don't get paid to do that job! It's just the truth! And if they don't like it, they can shove it! But to tell you the truth, I think you're WAY better off! They've been giving you hard time for a while now, so this might be for the best, simply because now you're free to look for something way better. You can try to get a job in an established restaurant that isn't just opening (I think I remember you mentioning that in another post) so they'll be more organized. Or, you can try something that might be a little easier on your body than serving, like an office job, or maybe retail. I know I would never be able to hack it as a server right now because for one, I can't walk. I waddle all over the place and am constantly in pain from the baby pusing down on my sciatic nerve. Plus, I've got the whole pelvic bone shifting and grinding on itself, so that sucks...I wouldn't be able to handle it physically. And you never know, you might end up with similar things, so maybe getting a job that's less physical on you might be better.
Well, now you can get all your friends and family to boycott that stupid place and make them lose some business. That's the power of word of mouth!
For now, take a nice warm bath, eat some chocolate or whatever melts your butter, take it easy and get some rest. Enjoy the time off of work. Lord knows you deserve it after what those a**holes put you through...After I quit my job as a server (they also treated me like absolute crap), I reported them to the health and safety board with some things that they were doing that didn't follow the guidelines, and then I called the labour board and reported them for some other stuff they were doing...I ended up getting a nice check for just over $100 for some pay I they screwed me out of before that I didn't know about, and so did a few other ppl I worked with. So you might want to make a few phone calls of your own and see if you can screw them over a little. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!!!! Just remember that! lol
April 5th, 2006, 06:04 AM
appifanie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
what a jerk!

agreed you shouldn't work someplace w/ such stressful twits!

(ironically, the only job i was ever fired from was waitressing - they hired me as a hostess, asked me if i wanted to be a waitress, i said no cause i'd stink, they made me a waitress . . . guess what? i stunk! lol)
Olivia Grace ~ October 26, 2006 ~ 6:04a.m.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search