When did everyone start showing...

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
Hey Everyone. I know that everyone's body/pregnancy is different, but I was just wondering about how far along all of you were when ya'll started showing. I'm 13 weeks and you can only tell that I'm pregnant when I lift up my shirt, but with my clothes on you really can't tell. My fiance points out all the time that I don't look pregnant compared to other people he knows that are as far pregnant as I am. Should I be worried??
Northcutt2Be
April 5th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Star's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm 17 weeks and I think that the only reasons why I am showing is because 1.) I'm bloated half of the time and 2.) It's mostly fat because I've been eating so much!

If I were you, I would be happy that you can still fit into your normal clothes.

Thanks to mtdk454 for the beautiful siggie!!

April 5th, 2006, 01:52 PM
mommytutu's Avatar mom to Emma & Jacqueline
This is my first, and I Started showing around 18 weeks. Between 18-22 weeks I completely blew up! I got HUGE!

At 13 weeks, I wasn't showing at all! I could still fit into my regular jeans and shirts too.

April 5th, 2006, 02:02 PM
JCat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really didn't show until after about 24-25 weeks. But between weeks 26-27 weeks people started to notice and ask but after 29-30 weeks there was no mistaking it, I"m pregnant. Now I'm dropped so low it's the first thing most notice. BTW I had a few extra pounds on me in the begining, don't know if that made a difference.

April 5th, 2006, 02:36 PM
Lekilig86's Avatar Super Mommy
I've really began to bloom at the belly this week (week 21). Under clothes its still hard to tell but im sure some notice a bump... This is my first and im small, also.

</a>
<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
</a>
</div>
April 5th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey. I wouldn't worry too much about you not showing all that much yet...Here, check out my website...It's got all my belly pics from 4 weeks to now...Honestly, I just went through them all, and I almost just crapped myself! Like, compare week 4 to now!!! AAAAHHHH!! You should be happy you're still tiny! Enjoy it while it lasts! Although, I have to say, I hope you post pics of your belly once you do start showing more...I'd love to see the progress!

K here's the website: http://www.devosys.com/kirady/brigitte/index.aspx
April 5th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Telucero's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Telucero
I didn't start really showing until 15 weeks, before then I just looked and felt fat. It was really annoying. i know how you feel. It gets better, trust me.

</a>
April 5th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenniferk
With my first I didn't really start showing until like 20-22 weeks. With my second I was looking way pregnant and wearing maternity clothes by 9 weeks!
April 6th, 2006, 12:16 AM
I am hardly showing at all and i am 31 weeks i lost 10kg at the start and only have put on 2kg i dont even look pregnant and i am still wearing my normal clothes especially my jeans r still fitting me.I feel like i am missing out on things cos i dnt have a belly.people r astonished i am already 31 and a half weeks along and cant believe im due in 8-9 weeks. I guess i like the surpirising bit of not showing and then turning up at places with a baby and them saying i didnt know u were pregnant. )
April 6th, 2006, 06:22 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I've never looked pregnant at 13 weeks. I'm really slender, but carry 90% of my fat in the stomach area. So with number one, I was 5-1/2 months when I got my first stranger asking when I was due, and for #2 it was about 4 months, and I got very huge, and have been asked regular if it's twins, ever since.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

April 6th, 2006, 06:40 AM
*Cassie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I started showing at about 7 weeks. There was a little bump going on but from 7 to 8 weeks, I think I exploded, lol. My latest pictures are at 14 weeks and 3 days I think. I'll go post them in the belly section now. I'm really worried that it's twins but my ultrasound isn't for another 13 days. My nutritionist said my weight gain is very typical of multiple babies. 16 pounds in 15 weeks!! Eek! When I post my pic, look at the difference from the ones I posted at 12 weeks and these ones. It's insane!
April 6th, 2006, 09:25 AM
irishxrose
I started showing around 14 weeks, but it just looked like I was gaining a BUNCH of weight (which I was but that's beside the point. ). You could tell that I was pregnant probably around 20 weeks or so... it's normal for your first pregnancy not to show early.

And trust me girly, you should be happy that you still can fit in your normal clothes. I am SO SICK of tshirts and sweat pants... thank god I only have three more weeks left.
April 6th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i was still wearing my jeans(the ones i was wearing before i got pregnant) untill like 20 weeks and even then i could still fit into them but everyone kept saying to not wear them anymore so i stopped..

April 6th, 2006, 08:45 PM
lilmamaw2's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to lilmamaw2 Send a message via Yahoo to lilmamaw2
with my first i blew up and that was a boy and with my second which was a girl you couldn't tell i was pregnant untill i lifted my shirt i would wear jeans and a hoodie at like 8 months and when i went out to eat with hubby at (ihop) the server said are you ok cuz i was holdin' my belly because of acid-reflex and she wouldn't stop kicking me and i said well i will be after i have this baby and she said oh my goodness i never would of knew you were pregnant unless you said something everytime someone said that to me i would just look at my hubby and ask do people just asume i'm fat or something cuz i started out at 135 lbs and got up to 215 lbs but when i look at pictures my arms and legs stayed skinny and it was just my belly that got big Alexa is 2weeks and 2days old and i can wear my clothes from before i got pregnant but with my son it took a year which is so weird cuz i weighed the same when i went in to have him as i did when i had her but with my daughter i think it was just all water weight cuz i swear i wake up every few days and look in the mirror and i'm like wow what happened my belly and leg are shrinking which is a good thing it's just so weird i wish i would of went like that with my son so it's totally normal that your not showing yet but good luck oh sorry this is so long
April 6th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My mom was showing by the time she was two or three months pregnant, but she's had huge babies for her body frame! Poor woman! lol

You may just be carrying a pettite baby My sister was pettite compared to myself and the rest of my siblings...we were all about nine lbs! She was only six or seven and perfectly healthy. It all depends on your body, I suppose.
April 7th, 2006, 05:09 AM
appifanie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i was discussing this with DF last night - he was looking at me and his eyes sorta bugged and he said he could so tell b/c i looked so pg. and finally i got him to admit that he knows i look pg b/c he knows i'm pg, but otherwise . . . i just look like a fatty (my words, not his, lol!)
Olivia Grace ~ October 26, 2006 ~ 6:04a.m.

April 7th, 2006, 10:57 AM
*Leslie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Leslie* Send a message via Yahoo to *Leslie*
I'm just over 13 weeks and I really just started showing last week, but I still think it's at the stage where noone would ask, b/c they don't know whether you've just gained weight or not, but I can definitely tell.... Luckily I'm carrying so high that I can still wear my regular jeans, but I am having to go out and buy some extra large/long tops to wear.... I can't wait until I get the undeniably pregnant belly, then people won't just think I'm getting fat.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search