Already tired of being a crazy person!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Hello all. I'm new here, but here is my situation:

I've been in a relationship for several months, been on the pill for about 3 of them, and recently stopped using condoms every time. Well, one thing leads to another. I've been nauseous pretty much every day, for at least a little bit. That has made my boyfriend pretty paranoid. So to put him at ease I had a test done, and it came back negative. (that was earlier this week)

I didn't tell him all of my other symptoms until today. Those are:
nauseous daily, headaches, back pain, cramping, spotting (not a lot, but over a couple of days time), sore breasts, extremely tired all the time, hungry all of the time, I can never get full, craving chili cheese tots *I normally never eat these*, my skin is a bit redder than normal, I have super sniffing powers (I smelled pancakes from IHOP from about 5 blocks away, also smelling things no one else can), and my emotions are all over the board (I really hate crying as much as I have been). So I'm pretty sure that is a definite point to being pregnant. He totally freaked out on me, and doesn't know what to do. (As though I do, he and I have both lost a child via miscarriage in separate previous relationships.)

So what do you guys think? Does it sound like there is a baby in there? What all ideas do you have for calming both of us down some, and keeping me from being such an emotional train wreck?

Much thanks in advance!
December 19th, 2009, 11:37 AM
iMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How soon after your missed period did you take the test? It would probably be a good idea to take a second test or visit your doctor to get a blood pregnancy test. If you are pregnant, it may have been too early a week ago for the test to come back positive. Also, if you have cramping and spotting together, it could be a sign that you might have been pregnant but miscarried. It's really hard to say for sure, so many pregnancy symptoms are similar to premenstrual symptoms! I was sure my period was coming any day until it didn't and I took a test

If you are able to go to the doctor, I'd suggest that, but at the very least taking another over the counter test if you have missed your period. Let us know how it goes!

As for ideas to calm the two of you down, it might help to know that spotting is pretty common when women start taking the pill. Also, the sooner you can find out for sure whether or not you're pregnant, the better. I think the uncertainty can be more stressful than knowing either way.
December 20th, 2009, 06:47 PM
JT_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got a really faint positive after 9 days, if that helps you to figure out if you took it too soon. Plus, make sure you wait the entire three min. I threw it in the trash after about one and thought I wasn't pregnant. When I took another 2 at day 12, I pulled that one out of the trash and saw that it HAD said positive. I thought that once the pee crossed the "control" line and it turned colors, the other line would too. Nope, it really does take 3 minutes!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search