So tired of my in laws...

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
Hey, Everyone. Well I'm usually on here griping about my MIL alone, but today it's more then just her. Here's the dramatic story. Well my fiance's step-dad came up to where we live today b/c he owns the company that Randy (my fiance) works for and was just checking up on things. Well Randy's step-sister also works for the company so his step-sister and his step-dad went out to eat lunch today. Well, his step-dad told his step-sister that Randy's real sister was saying that he was "soo frieking mean to Amanda [me] all the time" and that she "highly doubts that they're [Randy and I] going to last". Well of course his step-sister told his step-dad that she's around us all the time and that we have a very good relationship, and that we have a very goofy/playful relationship. Yes, when my fiance gets drunk sometimes he says things without thinking, but I guarantee you he knows about it. I know that I vent on here a lot about him, so it might come off that he's an a**, but I don't usually post all the good things he says and does, so please bear with me. Well his step-sister told Randy what his real sister had been saying and he hit the frieking roof. He was like "I'm so f***ing tired of this s***! Amanda and I don't even talk to them any more, and they still have nothing better to do then pry into our relationship and try to analyze our faults."

I am just soooooo tired of all this crap with his family. Randy and I have our relationship problems just like everyone else. For example, my MIL is married to my fiance's step-dad for money and money alone. He cheats on her and she knows it and doesn't care. So how the h*** does she think that she has any right to say how my relationship is?? And his sister's husband is always saying how fat she is and whatnot, and we don't go and gossip to the other family members about it b/c it's personal and it's their business.

I'm a very outspoken person, and I've put up with sooo much crap from his family without saying anything. I'm really about to snap and everything's going to come out. Sorry the post is so long, but I'm just really p***ed.
Northcutt2Be
April 5th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What is it with in-laws!!!!??? GOSH!!! They suck! I'm sorry to hear they're being dumb. Just be thankful though that your fiance sees it too. There's nothing worse than being in a relationship with someone who's completely blind about the crappy things his family does. Last time my b/f's mom was here, she did nothing but criticize and insult me, my weight, my eating habits, the stuff we bought for the baby...ect! And do you think my guy even noticed let alone stood up for me?? NO WAY!!! So as bad as his family may be, at least you know you have a man who's on your side, and has your back. Good luck with all of this! And you know what? Don't stop yourself from letting it all come out. I think they need to hear it. After all, if you can't be honest with your family, then who can you be honest with right?
April 5th, 2006, 08:32 PM
mommytutu's Avatar mom to Emma & Jacqueline
I agree. In-laws are a pain! At least your in-laws actually accept you as a permanent part of your fiances life. Mine still act like I'm just another girlfriend instead of his soon to be wife and mother of his child! *sigh* Now I'm angry and I want to vent about his horrible parents!!

Just remember, someday our little ones will be all grown and we will be inlaws to some poor unsuspecting girl/boy! =P

April 5th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
Let it all out girl! They should have a forum on here just to talk about in laws!! I hate when people are mean to my fiance in any way, and it p***es me off even more when it's his own family! He's talking to his mom right now and he's pretty much telling her the way he feels, so maybe things will get better.
Northcutt2Be
April 5th, 2006, 08:38 PM
mommytutu's Avatar mom to Emma & Jacqueline
Well, our biggest problem is his grandmother. He was raised by her, and she is just so attached.

She also thinks that for some reason because we are having our little one young (17/19), like his mother (15) then she will be the one ending up raising her! Then she acts like my pregnancy is a huge burden on her, and that it's so much hard work for her to deal with! *ARG!*

His mom has actually gotten so much better. She's so sweet now, but I think she has finally accepted that we are grown up and can handle our own lives.

Yup. Mainly it's just his grandmother. And she's old with a heart condition, so I can't yell at her.

April 6th, 2006, 05:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
OMG I totally understand what you mean by gettting treated like you're just some other g/f who will go away at some point, rather than a permanent part of the family. You'd think that having a baby with someone would make their family see you as something a little closer than just another g/f...but NO, of course not. At first, this really bothered me, but now, I actually prefer the fact that my MIL doesn't ever call me or make any effort to get to know me. Why would I want to get close to her...I tried that already and it failed horribly on me, so I'd much rather keeping as much distance as humanly possible. Reason one is that when she is around, I hear nothing but criticisism about what I eat (either it's not enough and MUST mean I have a problem, or I eat too much and suddenly am nothing but a fat pig who doesn't care about what I'll look like after the baby), how much I weigh, that I'm spoiled, that I'm lazy, the pregnancy books I'm reading are stupid, the stuff we have for the baby are dangerous and only the things SHE had for her boys were safe and good enough...Reason two being she does the same to my sister. The new "joke" seems to be that my sister is some crazy suck up to her...Like when she offered her some potatoes at the dinner table and passed her the bowl, suddenly my sister was only trying to suck up to her (INSTEAD OF BEING POLITE!!!), at x-mas my sister was apparently scrounging around under the tree to find more gifts for herself, (but I know my sister and she's totally the opposite of that so she's telling lies about her to make her look dumb).
Urgh! And now I hear she's coming back to visit at Easter...BLA!!! To make matters worse, his cousin is coming too. Which I don't have a problem with apart from the fact that we DON'T HAVE THE ROOM IN OUR APPARTMENT for two guests! And yet do you think they'll even ATTEMPT to make other arrangements? NO! I'm make it clear to everyone that I just want to finally start to get the nursery ready, and now we have two ppl that are coming here, who are going to stay for god knows how long, and will be staying in there! What a piss off! I just dont' get how my b/f can keep inviting ppl to stay here when he knows how I feel about it. I mean, yes ok I don't particularily like his mom, but the rest of his fam are great...But that doesn't mean I want them staying here! I'm huge at this point and constantly feel crowded by the baby...Now I have to be a hostess to two ppl in my home, one whom is ungrateful and will do nothing but insult me the whole time, and the other I haven't even met but hear great things about, but since I haven't met her, it's kinda weird to have her stay here...I don't even know her. My b/f is extremely inconsiderate about how I feel about these things. He doesn't care at all. He just keeps inviting ppl over. Just once it would be nice to have them stay elsewhere. I told him though that once the baby comes NO MORE OVERNIGHT VISITORS AND THAT MEANS NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!! God, now I'm super annoyed!!!
April 6th, 2006, 06:51 AM
*Cassie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I completely understand about the inlaws treating you like "just another g/f." My BF's mother is to say the least, not my biggest fan. She doesn't mind the baby, she minds that I'm having it. She has tried multiple times to get my BF to break up with me, has been convinced from the first that I would get pregnant and now I did, so she is sure I did it on purpose to force Dale to stay with me. I won't even get started on his family...haha. But you get an idea. I'm a horrible person, and I'm always in the wrong.
April 7th, 2006, 11:06 AM
*Leslie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Leslie* Send a message via Yahoo to *Leslie*
I definitely feel for all of you.... I'm taking the blame all by myself for this entire pregnancy.... like it didn't take two of us to cenceive or something.... I've been called everything accused of cheating, glad to know that I'm not the only one with these problems.... although I hate it for all of you too!

<3 August 1st, 2013
<3 November 21st, 2013
<3 September 30th, 2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search