what happens if i get the iud and i may be pregnant??

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2009, 01:06 AM
hi, my names daisy and im 16 years old and im scared i may be pregnant i was on my period over a week nd i started dec.7th 2009 and i got off for about to 2 days and after tht ive been spotting since then and i took a home pregnancy test and the 2nd line came out lighter than the first one and i dnt know if thats a possibility tht i may be.but im suppose to get the iud tomorrow which is the 30th of dec. and i wanted to know how will i know that i am pregant for sure. and ive also had ovary pain and in my last pregancy i had ovary pain.
December 30th, 2009, 03:13 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I would talk to the OB who is doing the IUD and have them do a quant blood test. That will give the doctors the HCG numbers if you are pregnant and then they will not put the IUD in. Hope that helps.

December 30th, 2009, 07:43 AM
LuvRBx5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree.. They might even just do a urine test..

My OB makes it a requirement to take a blood test the day before getting the IUD so the results will be back first.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search