k ladies i need to vent bout M.I.L.

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2006, 07:02 PM
lilmamaw2's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to lilmamaw2 Send a message via Yahoo to lilmamaw2
k so today we took Dillon to an easter egg hunt!!!!!! it was a lot of fun!!!!!!! but that's not what i'm here to talk about so here goes, well me and hubby were talking bout 3bed room appartments because we drove past some and hubby said "hay i like those do they have 3 bed rooms?" i said no they don't i already called a while back and they have lofts, one b-r, and 2br."

well my M.I.L. was sitting in the back seat (in between the two kids car seat? ?not so sure why there wasn't any room for her there but she insisted) and any ways she proceeds to say well i have a 3br house (like we don't know this already ) and says you guys can have my house( ) and i'll move to a nice lil' one br. appartment that way you don't have to move far and you'll be in a house Dillon and Alexa will have a yard to play in it'll be better for you guys (so right at that moment i'm sure you all can guess what i was thinking....well if youre still guessing i was thinking "WHAT IN THE HELL IS HER MOTIVE" no one spends most of their life paying for a house to just give it away its not like the house is old she had it built when she moved into it when my hubby was like 5years old so the house is only like 20years old and it's in the uppper class area??? i dosn't sound right??? ) but my hubby is convinced that she really don't want the house and just wants something smaller, he claimes that, thats all she's talked about for years???? i don't know maybe she really is just giving us her house my hubby is her only child and she really don't need all that space but i cant help but think she has other motives?? i don't know what do you guys think??

oh and i'm sorry i keep coming in here even after i had my baby but i'm so used to you guys and love all your feed back you guys are so helpful
April 8th, 2006, 09:38 PM
thanks! yah i should talk to her about it cuz my hubby is no help he just see's it as hay we get a house which is fine but i don't want to start re-decorating the house (i don't like her taste) and put so much money into it just to find out oh she's changed her mind and wants to keep it cuz i would rather re-do the kitchen and bathroom and floors and walls and deck and basement and rooms well the whole house before i move the kids in i would hate to have things being so hetic with a todler and a newborn running around the house and also i don't want them to breathe in any harmful fumes from the paint and stuff i'd rather have every thing done before we move in and i just need to talk to her to make sure she's not gonna change her mind after i have every thing re-decorated that would just p### me off but thanks for the advice and i think i'll talk to her sometime this week about it and i'll let you know how it goes!!!
April 9th, 2006, 06:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I take it she's not normally that generous....

I don't know what to tell you, but if she is living by herself no husband, no kids, no nothing, then she probably feels lonely in a big house.
But you never know if she'll end up living with you! So that's the only thing you have to be careful of is that if you guys don't get along that well.

Otherwise, Congrats!!!
You've found yourself a new place to live!
April 9th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hey! you have an adorable baby girl!! even though u already had your baby your more then welcome to stay here as long as u want! we're always here for u! maybe your mil is being nice and doesnt expect anything in return..i wouldnt do anything to the house untill u no for sure that she is fully moving out and already has her own place...if she doesnt have a motive then shes one nice mil! it would be great for the kids and you guys...i hope things work out for u!

April 9th, 2006, 05:41 PM
thanks! well her & i have never got along so i can't help but think that she's doing it so she thinks she can just show up at any time and do whatever she wants and i wont have that i've kicked her out of my appartment so many times i just cant see this as a good thing maybe if she signed her name off the house i'd be more likely to be happy about it
April 9th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Telucero's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Telucero
Hey, first off, just because you're not pregnant anymore has nothing to do with whether or not you can come here anymore! This is a MOMMIES board! STAY! STAY! STAY! We need each other! Plus, we can all stay updated with our babies! I certainly plan on coming here after I have AJ. We have good advice to offer not only too each other but, to other women with unplanned pregnancies.

Second, if I were your position, I would definitely be wondering what in the hell her motives are too! But, who knows? Maybe if she's never been that nice before she's trying to make a peace offering? I totally agree with Ella!...Sit down with her and make sure to get everything out on the table to insure what strings are attached with this, if any. For your own security, if you take her up on it, you may even insist on giving her money each month? It could just be she wants to insure her grandkids have a good home? Who knows, but what do you have to lose from talking to her? It may be extremely uncomfortable, but you dont want to make any assumptions. Good luck and let us know what happens.

</a>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search