Who's the likely father?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2010, 06:08 PM
my friend has a problem. She was said to be 8 weeks pregnant on Dec. 9 and should be 12 week about now. The problem is, she doesn't know who the father is but needs to know asap. So im trying to guesstimate.

She had sex with the other guy on the 7th of October. And came on her period later that month or early Nov. She is sure she had sex with her current boyfriend around that time as well and later in the month.

Im guessing, if she had the period later that month, her ovulation period would be on average 14 days before then giving the upper hand to her current boyfriend. But Im not sure if that accurate or not. So hopefully someone with more knowledge can assist me or guide me to a better understanding of how to estimate who the father is.

The variable is...she and the other guy were both drunk off their *** that night of the 7th.

So the question is...who do you think is the probable father?

She said her period was spotty and she had to run to the bathroom a few times because she couldn't tell when it was coming or not. So It might not have been a period after all...I believe, she didn't have a period and that is was indeed Implantation Bleeding and she wasn't aware.

Also the ER doctor said on Dec. 17 the doctor said she was between 8 and 10 weeks pregnant.

This is important because, the other guy is gone, but the bf wants to work it out and if its his that dramatically changes the fate of the child as far and finance, health and caring. But his issue is....he doesn't know whether to save now...if its his, or invest the money in his business...

Hopefully someone can assist me with this....

Hopefully its an automatic she did have sex with the bf that month and its his.
January 10th, 2010, 02:07 AM
conley1988
I was just peeping in but thought I could give some insight. Unfortunately, it is more then likely the guy from October. A women usually gets pregnant during her second week after her cycle. Meaning that the doctor actually counts that as August 25th if it Ocotober 7th or so. As of December 17th that would have put her at 16 weeks and 3 days. Her HCG levels would have been very high.

She would have had cycle on October 22nd and gotten pregnant two weeks later on November 5th to at least be 8 weeks and even if you move up two weeks she would have to have a cycle around October 6th or 7th or 8th since she has sex then and gotten pregnant weeks later on the 22.

I am going with the current bf but a paternity test should be considered. It not fair to have someone not go through with something because they THINK they have child based on a due date calculator or even u/s. I am only saying this because my brother left the Navy to care for his "daughter" with his wife who had became ill only to learn that he was not the father after she was born. His wife was white and so was the baby.
January 10th, 2010, 06:43 AM
Thank you, I just learned (by auditing the boyfriends bank account.) That he took her to the Days Inn, on Friday October 16 for 2 days, so they likely had sex in those 2 days. She said on Dec. 9th, the pregnancy center said the baby was due July 20 2010.

Im sure the boyfriend is going to get a paternity test done, he is really pressing my friend out about a amnio test but she can't afford that.
January 10th, 2010, 11:03 AM
conley1988
Tell him to man up. Be there as much as he can in case it is his. He doesn't have to commit but at least try to show some respect. Go to every other appointment, buy a gift for the baby shower instead of a nursery, just be around.
January 10th, 2010, 07:21 PM
caitie_pie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to caitie_pie
If she gets an ultra sound done the Dr himself can tell you about when the baby was conceived. I know this because that is what I did... come to find out that I am pregnant from a rape! and I was only raped once but the other times I had sex were far enough away from the date of the rape that it was the only time possible.

maybe it can help her too.

Thank you Julka for my amazing Siggy<3
January 15th, 2010, 02:38 AM
tasheroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by icering87 View Post
Im sure the boyfriend is going to get a paternity test done, he is really pressing my friend out about a amnio test but she can't afford that.
What is an amnio going to tell him? Most insurances will cover an amnio if the doctor wants one done. But to have an amnio done for no reason is just a huge risk for the mom and the unborn baby. A simple u/s can tell the gestational age of the baby to determine the date of conception.
January 16th, 2010, 08:10 AM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
It's the boyfriends. If she's due July 20th that is. If she conceived Oct. 7 she would be due June 30. That's 3 weeks difference so if Oct. 7 was the ONLY time she slept with the other guy then it is her BF's baby.

Oh, and she didn't get pregnant at the days inn either (going by the July 20 EDD). She would be due July 9th if she had conceived on Oct. 16.

Running for my health and sanity!
PR's: 5k-25:05 (old PR 25:10), 5M-45:03 (old PR - 47:22), 10k - 52:00 (approximate - training), HM-2:25:58 (ran a 2:17:36 during marathon), Full- 4:49:25 (old PR -5:49:40), 50k-7:05:56, 50M-13:31:14, 100k- 18:59:31 (old PR 20:56)
(All of these PR's are going down this season!)

My Pregnancy Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c6297
January 16th, 2010, 08:24 AM
If her due date is July 20th, she would have conceived around the end of october. My due date is July 22nd and I conceived October 29th. So I would say it would have to be the boyfriends if that was the only time she slept with the other guy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search