talk about unplanned...

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2010, 07:55 PM
caitie_pie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to caitie_pie
Well thought I'd share my story.

It was Sept 9/10th and I was asleep in my bed. I woke up to being taken advantage of by my ex bf. I told him no but he never was the type of guy to listen. I'm not the type of girl that knows how to stick up for herself... I guess having so many people look out for me my whole life I never learned how.

After I found out I was pregnant I also found out that it was from that time and that time alone that I had conceived. I expressed to him my anger. He cried a lot, telling me how sorry he was. Thats how he is tho, he cries a lot. Probably from all the drugs he is always taking...

A little bit more background info is that I am married. We were separated over the summer because he had cheated on me and I couldn't take it. It wasn't the first time and I was sure it wouldn't be the last. Since then he has convinced me to come back and this is his last chance. The deal sealer is that he is willing to be here for me and support me and this baby that is not his. We've been talking about being together again since a day or two before the rape... and we've been officially back together and trying to work on things since a few days before xmas.

Anyways I found out a month or two back that the dirt bag ex planned the whole rape. He wanted to try to knock me up so that he would have to always be in my life. He didn't exactly think it would work but he was desperate. He knew I was talking to my husband again and was going psycho...

These are the things that make you realize how effed up the world can be. These are the things I never thought could happen to me.
...but then you stop and you realize what you have and you make the best out of things. I'm 19 weeks and some days it hurts but not nearly as much as in the beginning. I am happy for my little miracle... no matter how he/she got there.

Thank you Julka for my amazing Siggy<3
January 10th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
caitie,

i want you to know that almost 32 years ago, i too was raped, in similar fashion as you, and became pregnant. the father was never involved although paid child support. my child is now going to turn 31 in a few weeks and has been a blessing to me from the word go. i have never had issue with being reminded of his conception. i just loved him becuase he was mine and did my best to raise him equally to my other children (he was the oldest). i wish you well on this journey!

~~terre~~
January 10th, 2010, 11:40 PM
Thank you. That is very nice to hear that it went so well for you.

January 11th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Thank you, I thought about the alternatives but this baby is a part of me too and I know that its not the baby's fault this happened.
I'm sure it will work out fine too, thanks again.

January 12th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
I have to say you are very brave and I am proud that you didn't take the easy way out with abortion.I hope this guy is in jail or is very far away from you and your LO.

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

January 12th, 2010, 03:21 PM
I have to go see a lawyer...

he is psycho and has people harass me so I'm afraid that if I go to the police and it doesnt stick for one reason or another that it might be more trouble than its worth.

for now he's leaving me alone. and that's great. When I see my lawyer in a week, I will keep y'all posted.

January 13th, 2010, 10:54 AM
SerendipitysChild's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi Caitie!
I just wanted to add my story and hope that it is helpful to you!!! I had just gotten divorced but my exHusband and I still live together to raise our daughter. I met a guy and started dating him, I was on the pill but still found myself pregnant and when I told him about it he flipped completely out. He wanted me to terminate and I was going too but then I knew that I would never be able to go through with it and told him after a couple of weeks that I was keeping the baby but he could walk away with no word from me if he wanted too. He chose to stick around but became VERY verbally abusive, I stuck with it because I thought that was the right thing to do and because, like you, I have never really stood up for myself. Finally things got so bad that he started threatening my life and the life of my unborn son and I got out. I filed a report with the police and got a protection order, he fought the order in court with a big wig lawyer but I held my own and won the order all by myself. It was empowering to finally stand up for my son and myself and say No More! My exHusband and I are now working towards a reconciliation and he will be there for me and my son. I am proud of you for keeping your baby, it is a tough situation but you will never regret your child!! With that decision you have proved to yourself that you are strong!!!
Good Luck and if you need anything feel free to PM me!! This board and my DDC have been my backbone through a very difficult time and the same will be true for you!! Good Luck!!!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my fabulous fall siggy!
January 13th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Thanks Mariah, it is stories like that that keep me going!

January 20th, 2010, 04:15 PM
SerendipitysChild's Avatar Super Mommy
How are things going Caitie? I've been thinking about you and hope you are well!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my fabulous fall siggy!
January 24th, 2010, 07:59 PM
I am doing well, I've so far chickened out with going to see a lawyer.

I dont know why. I'm just so stressed with everything else going on in my life it just seems so unimportant to me. I have my husband to support me in any way that I need him. Right now... I just don't want to worry about court and BS like that... I know I may regret it in the future but I don't know... just can't seem to get up enough courage when it comes right down to it.

January 25th, 2010, 01:18 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh wow hun I give you the courage to go through what you are.

Stay strong

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

February 7th, 2010, 06:31 AM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Caitie idk if I read this story in our DDC, but I am sorry this happened to you. I am glad your DH is standing by your side.
February 10th, 2010, 12:44 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Catie I think you are very strong lady.

I was wondering though if this ex BF has any claim on the baby as legally the baby belongs to your current husband. (Granted it may depend on the state you live in and as your DH is in the Army your state of residence)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search