Frustrated

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2006, 03:12 AM
koakoba's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey. I don't know how to handle this - my b/f has not told his family yet. He thinks this baby is the end of the world so he thinks they are going to react just as dramaticly. I know they are going to be upset that this is not a conventional way to go about things - but it will also be their first grandchild. They are such a loving family, I know they are going to be excited after the shock wears off. I feel like he is keeping them from an exciting time. I have a good job, and own my own house, I'm in a very good point in my life and even though bean was unplanned, I think he/she is going to be a wonderful addition in my life. I can't wait to be a family.
What do I do? I hate the idea of a deadline, or any way of forcing him to tell his family. I just can't seem to convince him the world will indeed keep spinning after they know.

</div>
April 11th, 2006, 06:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Honestly, (then again this is OMI), I'd tell him that if he doesn't do it, you will. Then we'll see just how upset they'll get when their own son couldn't even tell them himself. You need to give him a good kick in the butt to tell his parents. You're right, they're missing out on some great stuff here, and it's because of him. Does he have a brother or sister you/him could talk to about this? You could ask them to help you get him to just tell them already. He might listen to them more because they know his parents just as much as he does. If he doesn't have siblings to talk to, then like I said, you just have to tell him, it's either you tell them or he does, it's up to him. THey're going to find out sooner or later, and god forbid they should find out from someone else, like a friend of the family, or something.
If he still insists that he won't tell them, then you can do one of two things: follow through with telling them yourself, or tell him that until his attitude changes he is not to spend anymore time with you or the baby.
I say this because right now the last thing you need is negativity about this. You love him. You'll wait for him to come around. But you shouldn't have to be around him while he has this kind of attitude about the pregnancy.
Good luck with everything. You're definately going to make it through this hump because you're taking this a heck of a lot better than I would. I hope he comes around and tells them very soon. They shouldn't have to miss out on this news just becasuse he's scared. And if they have a crappy attitude about it, then it's everyone's loss but yours!
April 11th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Lekilig86's Avatar Super Mommy
Yeah me and b/f are same way except im the one who had a hard time telling the parents...What worked for me? He kept reminding me: You know you might as well just get it over with, they will know sooner or later!
Eventually i had to get it off my chest. If he's hesitant but actually thinks he will never have to tell them then maybe he has some issues with them but i would talk to him about it. I had issues with my family and thats why i found it hard. I wish you luck!

</a>
<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
</a>
</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search