New Here!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Crimson's Avatar Dawn's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Crimson
Hi everyone! I've been stalking around here for the past couple of days and I finally worked up the courage to start posting here.

I actually only just found out I'm pregnant last week. Yeah, I know, it's late in the game but I've always had irregular cycles and to be honest I was a little in denial. I had a sono yesterday to work out my EDD and turns out that I'm due August 8th.

I'm 17 years old and I graduated HS last year. I was accepted into University, however, I am now planning on deferring this year and beginning my course next year. I will be a single Mother and after much consideration I have decided that I am going to keep my child. The last few days have been crazy, I've been trying to work out my financial situation and what not. Thankfully, I finally found out today that as long as I continue with a part time or full time job I will recieve fortnightly payments of $433.90 of youth allowance. Previously, I wasn't allowed to recieve this benefit as my parents earnt too much and had assests that were over a certain amount, and I was also considered "dependent" on them. However, under my circumstances now I am considered independent, so I'm beyond relieved. My parents have been really supportive and haven't said one negative comment to me. They took it brilliantly and they are so excited at the prospect of getting another grandchild. My older sister has a 10 month old son, and she is 39 weeks pregnant with her second boy.

Oh, and I'm Redelle. But please, call me Red.

I'm really looking forward to posting her and getting to know you all!
February 18th, 2010, 12:06 PM
KendallsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to KendallsMommy Send a message via Yahoo to KendallsMommy
Welcome Red! And congrats on the pregnancy! I was 18 when I found out I was pregnant so I totally understand! We're here for you!

I'm Amelia(21) Mommy to Kendall who is 20 months old!

Thanks to pattyandthemoos for my beautiful siggy (:
February 18th, 2010, 03:50 PM
andrews_sweetie's Avatar Mom to Aiden
Hi, I post here every so often. I'm Keri 19 almost 20 in March & my boyfriend is Andrew who is 21. I just had my baby who name is Aiden. He was unplanned but we are happier then ever. & Congrats on your pregnancy. I hope you join a DDC [Due Date Club] if helped me thru so much of my pregnancy.
February 18th, 2010, 05:55 PM
k_luvs_c's Avatar Regular
Hi there! My name is Katie and I too found out I was pregnant recently. I'm 22 and about to graduate from college, but still hoping to pursue my education while being a mother. Quite honestly, I am terrified of what is to come but seeing courage from other women such as yourself is really helping me to calm down a bit. My boyfriend is terrified and wants an abortion, but I just know I couldn't do it. He actually just said today that he wasn't sure how our relationship could continue with all the tension (I think because he figures I would end up getting an abortion). Sooo I might also be a single mother soon as well.

Hope to hear more about you and your little one =]
February 18th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Jodi Dawn's Avatar Host of the Jan-July 05 P
Send a message via Yahoo to Jodi Dawn
congrats on your pregnancy! it sounds like you have your head on your shoulders and that you have your priorities set well.

welcome to the board!
February 22nd, 2010, 08:52 PM
conley1988
I am new as well but wanted to say congrats on your pregnancy. I was 16 when I had my first, so it will be hard but totally doable with supportive parents like yours. Mine were too as my oldest was a product of rape, but they, like yours, took it as a blessing! Goodluck!
February 22nd, 2010, 08:58 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love your name!!!! My BF's nickname is Red and when we were pregnant last year we were trying to come up with names associated with the word red. I think I found my girl name

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search