We've Been Talking...

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2010, 09:33 PM
conley1988
as soon as I posted the first time I went home and although some words just made me cry, Robert knew what words would make me. He finally said let's talk since most of the conversations have been we can't handle this, mostly from my side.

We have always had a equation. Each child we sat down and talked about financials; insurance for each, diaper allowance, milk allowance, gas for appts, doctor appts, co-pay on birth, etc. We worked it out everytime but this time we just kinda jumped into, this has to end. Well, we sat down and did the same math. We love our money and are good at keeping and saving, but with school and a wedding, its been tricky so a baby totally through it off and it just didn't work in our budget.

When I thought the decision was final, Robert said something that really someone else had said; All I keep thinking if what if Chels wasn't here? I was on my way to Little Rock to abort because her father was a 42 year old bachelor whom was just a casual thing during our short split. He had someone new and so did I. Well, the condom broke and we didn't realize until we were finished. I took the test when I was late and he told me he didn't want to be there, he didn't have time, etc. Well, I told Robert and he said don't do it. I didn't listen and when I got to the clinic, he was outside, in his girlfriend's car. He secretly went to every appt with me and all his family came the day she was born. Since, then he is dad and even is getting added to her birth certificate. Well, after that everything changed.

We originally only had until March 1st to decide, but Robert would like to wait longer. We are both going job hunting for better jobs. The ones we have support our family of 6 but 7 is the number. We called our insurance, etc to see how much a new addition would be and have all the numbers calculated. I am also getting 7,000 this week in tax return so we are putting some up and cutting out getting certain things (flat screen tv, fixing our old car instead of getting a new one, and changed the wedding venue.)

Honestly, I don't think Robert is going to let me do it, I mean, he called his brother to get hired at Home Depot whom is a manager. He said if he gets hired, no questions asked even if I have nothing, we are keeping it. One stipend, I am getting my tubes tied and the house situation has now been upgradded to 4 bedrooms instead of 3. His room, the girls room, the boys room, and then our nursery.

I am going to safely say now, I am expecting my 5th. I know Robert and something he said lets me know he wants it. The what if Chels wasn't here? was followed by; I could see us having a baby and then saying what if Robert Junior wasn't here...lol.
February 22nd, 2010, 09:37 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Aww Steph Robert sounds like a real keeper girl I'm going to go ahead and say congratulations? and if you need to talk, drop me a pm

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (7), Oliver (5), Mianna (3) and Harper (1), WTTC our first together, in 2015.

February 22nd, 2010, 09:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by conley1988 View Post

I am going to safely say now, I am expecting my 5th. I know Robert and something he said lets me know he wants it. The what if Chels wasn't here? was followed by; I could see us having a baby and then saying what if Robert Junior wasn't here...lol.
Stephanie I was looking for an update to see how you were doing and when I found this I started crying. I think you're an amazing and strong woman in a very trying set of circumstances. You're lucky to have a man who is standing by your side and loves his family (i'm a bit jealous) As bittersweet and exhausting as this is right now i'm happy for you guys and cant wait to follow your pregnancy and birth of your new little one.

Thank you so much -Vicki-for my siggie

February 22nd, 2010, 09:54 PM
conley1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaelahOliver&Mianahs.Mama View Post
Aww Steph Robert sounds like a real keeper girl I'm going to go ahead and say congratulations? and if you need to talk, drop me a pm
I will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinaL View Post
Stephanie I was looking for an update to see how you were doing and when I found this I started crying. I think you're an amazing and strong woman in a very trying set of circumstances. You're lucky to have a man who is standing by your side and loves his family (i'm a bit jealous) As bittersweet and exhausting as this is right now i'm happy for you guys and cant wait to follow your pregnancy and birth of your new little one.
Thank you so much. I actually teared up knowing someone was actually watching me and sees what I keep telling myself. I am somehow going to make this work. Robert has his downs, but he is really the perfect man when I look at it. He cooks, he cleans, he really does everything for me. I thank God for him despite our little upsets. I kept thinking he would leave if I kept the baby but I know he would never leave me now!
February 23rd, 2010, 10:05 AM
Jodi Dawn's Avatar Host of the Jan-July 05 P
Send a message via Yahoo to Jodi Dawn
congrats on your pregnancy. I am glad that the 2 of you talked things out!
February 23rd, 2010, 12:25 PM
k_luvs_c's Avatar Regular
This is so sweet! I too am a bit jealous. I wish you the best =]
February 23rd, 2010, 01:46 PM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey sweetie! I'm glad to hear it! I didn't mean to come off so harsh, but really, I have the what if's with every bfp, and DH tells me the same thing. Look around...imagine life without "" "" and I get so upset.

God's in control. Chin up!
February 24th, 2010, 05:32 PM
myblueyez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!
February 25th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey stephanie how you doing?

Thank you so much -Vicki-for my siggie

February 27th, 2010, 10:53 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I have just started posting over here but I wanted to offer my support. We are actually ttc number five which will be our last. We have had two unplanned pregnancies that were stressful for similar reasons as you have mentioned. But, you have to know that your situation may change in a year or two from now and your finances may be different. I would have never in a million years thought we would be ttc number five so things can change.

Babies don't need that much and since you have other kids you probably have a lot of the things you will need already.

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I know you are nervous.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search