My mom knows...

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2010, 11:20 PM
conley1988
well my little sister came over and asked to use my hair shampoo. I told her she could and she went in our bathroom, which I don't know why she didn't ask because its in Robert and I's room and we keep personal things in there and have two bathrooms, but under the sink was the pregnancy test from the posts. She actually put it in her coat and ran it to my mom's house.

My mom comes over fuming that I didn't tell her; she is my best friend. I seriously have like 3 close friends. When she calms down she askes me when the baby is due, I told her we aren't sure just yet if we are keeping it; don't want to put pressure on Rob through my mom, and she goes off again. Yelling at how we could even think of aborting, let her adopt the baby, how the baby didn't ask to be here, etc.

We haven't talked since then and I am not sure what to say to her. I am sure we are, but there is that doubt that something will happen and we won't make the March 20th deadline we set up to have things taken care of etc.
February 25th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
((((((HUGS)))))))))

That's hard when family gets involved, if your mom is your best friend hopefully shortly she'll be able to get over her emotions see things from your perspective and be there to stand by you emotionally regardless of what you decide. On the positive side your mom is now able to be there to talk to (if she cools off) and can support you if you go forward with the pregnancy and give you a much needed break

Thank you so much -Vicki-for my siggie

February 26th, 2010, 11:41 AM
I'm sorry! Why would your sis do that? My goodness, that's a lot to have to hear right now. I hope she will calm down a bit and get back to the place where you guys ARE so close.
February 26th, 2010, 12:05 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

February 27th, 2010, 10:47 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
(((HUGS))) I usually don't tell people about my pregnancy right off the bat. I am sorry your mom has to know before you are ready to know what you are going to do. I hope you can sort through this. And I agree with Kristina, I think it is good that your mom will support you if you keep the pregnancy. A lot of people have the opposite situation where they are being pressured in the other direction.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search