What made you decide to take a pregnancy test?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2010, 12:51 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Were you late or did you think you were pregnant? How long did you wait to take a test?

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
February 28th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
i thought i might be pregnant about a week before my period was even due, i really have no idea why i thought i was but i just had this feeling, but i waited until i was about 5 days late before testing.

March 2nd, 2010, 10:20 PM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
I'm lurking around all the boards, but Ashlynn was unplanned.
I had a feeling, and I noticed that my chest was super sore a bit earlier than usual. I got my first positive test 4 days before I was late, then got the second positive 2 days before.
I had tested earlier that week (I was due the next Monday, I tested Friday and got the positive, but had tested Wednesday TWICE and got negatives.)

Of course, that led to my mother and grandmother repeatedly asking me if I had planned my pregnancy (I'm a single mother with no intentions of having the father involved. He had told me to 'get rid of it' when I told him I was pregnant.)

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!
March 3rd, 2010, 04:41 AM
I was late...the 12 pregnancy tests I ended up taking were finally enough to convince there was a very good reason I was late.
March 3rd, 2010, 08:33 AM
MeganLaRue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MeganLaRue Send a message via Yahoo to MeganLaRue
well, I had a feeling... IDK how else to describe it... but it felt like bubbles in my stomach... really low... I remember feeling the same thing with Austin a few weeks before I found out I was pregnant... and then again a few weeks before I found out with Aiden...

I thought I was crazy and AF wasn't due for another week or so... I waited until I was a week and a half late...

Thanks vicki for my perfect siggie!!!
March 3rd, 2010, 10:07 AM
benandali's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I KNEW I was pregnant. Just knew it. I wasn't late but had AF cramps for 2 days w/ no bleeding. That never happens to me. I took the test a day after I was late just to confirm.
March 3rd, 2010, 03:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
With Logan I just had a feeling I was pregnant. I called my boyfriend (DH now) to pick up a test and sure enough there was an instant line.

With the twins I felt really really sick. I wasn't even late and was only 9dpo when I got my BFP. The twins shocker came 4 weeks later.

March 31st, 2010, 06:14 AM
I actually don't think I was even technically "late". I just wasn't feeling well and my boyfriend asked me if I was pregnant *jokingly* of course..so after laughing it off for about a day I decided to take a test I had lying around. I was surprised I got a positive so quickly! I was kind of in shock actually. So I went to the doctor Tuesday (took the test Sunday) and had them do a blood test to make sure, and yup they confirmed it.
March 31st, 2010, 11:54 AM
~I ♥ my Munchkin~'s Avatar ~Gabriel's Mommy~
I was in denial for a good while but had that scared feeling in the back of my head. I wasn't afraid that my boyfriend would be angry, but we haven't been together that long and even though we were sure about our relationship and wanting to be together, we weren't exactly ready for a baby (he was just getting things together after getting his other two children back and out of a bad situation). And on top of that, I was in denial based on the assumption that I couldn't get pregnant that easily (I had problems with my period as a teen and PCOS runs in my family...two sisters have it).

But after missing my period in January (it being due around the 23 or so), February comes around and on the night of the 3rd I finally broke down and told him that I had missed my period and due to other "strange" symptoms (major breast tenderness that I hadn't experienced since I was a teen, problems with my wrists all of a sudden going numb in the middle of the night, digestion weirdness), he pretty much told me we were going to get a test. So the next morning we went to the pharmacy and I bought an EPT early pregnancy test and went home and took it (though I kept telling myself I was just being paranoid the whole way home)...and well, I was terrified when I saw the + sign show up even before the control showed up. I nearly broke down...I thought he'd be disappointed, but he was extremely comforting and supportive and has been so throughout.

And of course I'm now 13 weeks and have had my first U/S so there's no more denying anything, LOL. We are happy now and excited and looking forward to everything. *
March 31st, 2010, 07:48 PM
c'est_la_vie's Avatar Is it nap time yet?
I was spotting actually - what I thought was the start of AF, but it never got heavy & I took a test at like 4 days past AF being due & it was positive!!

April 4th, 2010, 08:36 AM
MamaMandy's Avatar is it Spring yet??
I didn't, I had a period late February & was clueless. An MRI for my back picked up what they thought was a ruptured cyst, dr. ordered an u/s to clarify & I got the bomb dropped that I was 7 weeks pregnant. Horrified, petrified, terrified, stupefied...Kinda wishing I'd crack already & go crazy for a bit so I won't even know how insane this all is....
April 6th, 2010, 09:48 AM
It really wasn't me that thought I was pregnant, it was the boyfriend. He said I looked "different" and my hips looked wider! And then he asked when my LMP was and when I looked at the calendar I saw I was late. I wasn't really too worried because I'm not very regular so I can go months without having one. We took 4 tests and got all negatives but he was convinced I was so I went to the clininc and did the blood test and it came out positive.
April 6th, 2010, 12:24 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
I'm just lurking from the April DDC. This pregnancy wasn't planned. For the two months before I found out I was pregnant, DH and I (fiance at the time) decided to use charting as our method of BC since we were going to start trying anyway two months later. So, after a mishap in ovulation timing, I knew there was a chance we'd conceived, but I was in denial because I didn't think that it could actually happen. Still, at just 6 dpo I got sick at work, and felt really hot and just "off." From 4 dpo, I had a lot of weird, sharp twinges and cramps in my uterus that I'd never gotten before. So, I tested at just 7 dpo with a Dollar Store test and thought I could see a reeeeally faint line. The next morning I tested with an Answer brand test, and it was positive!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
April 6th, 2010, 06:10 PM
So, I took a test 4 days before my period (when I started getting sick), and it was negative... to my great relief... and two days before it was negative... and the day before it was positive... but very light! I was hoping for a false positive (I knew then those don't exist, except for women going through menopause, which I was hoping for even though I am 31) . But three more positives (light as they may have been) shattered all those false positive, menopausal dreams I had!
July 28th, 2013, 06:40 PM
my hubby and i were married just a month ago but we've been TTC for about 5 yrs now.. and this month i really did a lot of charting with my cycle just to determine my peak day.. my LMP was on JUne 16, 2013.. my O-calendar indicates i am most fertile July 2-6 and my peak day was on July 7.. we did have sex during those days and right now I've been feeling a lot like sore breasts, mild cramps, bloating, headaches, backaches etc.. i took my 1st test July 18 it was a faint positive, i retest 2 days and it was negative.. and just this Sunday, July 28, 2013 i received another faint positive result.. im so confuse right now.. i dunno if my eyes are just playing tricks on me...

Last edited by jaydalaurice; July 28th, 2013 at 06:42 PM.
July 28th, 2013, 07:06 PM
I was on instant alert because the condom broke! I checked my period tracker immediately and realized that it was ovulation day... I then began to notice every little thing that may be a symptom, I still don't know if I'm pregnant (8DPO today)... I guess I'll know in a week or so. One way or another!
July 28th, 2013, 08:25 PM
ducksaresnazzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i didn't take a pregnancy test until i was in my 2nd trimester already- my boyfriend and i were in denial because i'd gone off my pill and were hoping i was just re-regulating my cycle without the added hormones. we had been planning to not have sex so we could get our relationship back on track (long story) but you know how teenager are:/

i ended up having to take one around 3 months into my pregnancy. the field days for my town were coming, and he said i couldn't ride the rides until we knew for sure (on the chance that i was pregnant because he didn't want me to do harm to the baby). so i took one to prove i wasn't pregnant, and i was

i had tried to take a test around the time i was 7 weeks late (2 months) and i broke the test. so i took that as a sign, and pushed it out of my mind until the field days (12 weeks, 5 days along).
July 28th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Super Mommy
With my 9 month old, I was late, no symptoms, just late and getting later and later. So I took a test, it came up positive, I freaked out and slept for a day.

This time, I'm still breast feeding, so haven't had a period to miss. But, I started getting random dizzy spells and head aches, my always minor acne cleared completely up. My sense of smell and taste went funky, my vision started blurring. Then a couple weeks later I got sick, not quite to the point of throwing up, but close, and it didn't go away for over two weeks. Which is when I decided to call the doctor to see if I had a brain tumor or something. Only it was the weekend so it had to wait, and then I read that news article about the musician who got a ride to his concert by a fan. After bawling for 10 minutes I realized, "Hey wait a minute, could I be pregnant." So when my boyfriend got out of the shower I told him we were getting a pregnancy test the next day instead of calling the doctor. Both tests were such a strong positive that the control line was the faint one. Same as when I tested positive for my baby girl.
August 16th, 2013, 08:11 AM
socialworkmom2be's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I actually had a normal period on August 1st approximately so I had no clue I was! However, something in my head kept saying "you're pregnant" and when I got abnormal discharge half way though my cycle with ovary pain I took a test to rule out ectopic. I got my BFP and the ER ruled out ectopic.
August 22nd, 2013, 09:51 PM
I took a pregnancy test today-- and it came out negative. It may have been

1- too early (I am on birth control pills, and I expect it on Tuesday after I stop taking my pills on Saturday. the latest I have been is Wednesday, and it is already Thursday so I took one today - just 2 days after my missed period.)
2- late in the day/ possibly diluted
It was a test that claimed to be able to detect pregnancy 5 days prior though.

Anyways, I am really scared. I have been naueseous lately/digestive issues and it is not like me to not get my period past Tues/ Weds. I've never been pregnant before though - so I really have no idea what it would feel like. Also digestive issues always come before my period.

It would be highly unlikely for me to be pregnant- but I know it's still possible. I took my birth control religiously all month (no errors whatsoever) but I've also had trouble with ovarian cysts in the past few months so I know that I ovulate. I found out about this at the beginning of the month and started using condoms for the most part, and if not condoms we used withdrawal.

I'm still incredibly nervous. I plan to take another test on Saturday morning and then next week (a week after my missed period).

I'm hoping that my missed period is due to another ovarian cyst because I know they can make your period late/missed.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search