Were/are you scared to tell your partner the news?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2010, 11:54 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
When I got pregnant with Brandon I was so scared to tell dh the news. At first I was planning to wait until I was further along to tell him but then I decided I just wanted to get it over with. The first several weeks were tough but then after a he was okay. It was just a really bad time for me to get pregnant.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
February 28th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
i was so scared, but i told him right away, i couldnt hold it in, and he took it really well, way better than i ever expected, i do believe his words were "oh ok, what do you want for dinner?"

February 28th, 2010, 05:08 PM
ValyntineG's Avatar Based on a True Story
Terrified.

Beyond.

The timing is terrible. The factors surrounding our situation are ridiculous. I can't even do it face to face or on the phone because of certain things.

I had to write him an actual letter and mail it to him because that's the only way he can be contacted. He should have it by now, but it could be days or weeks before I get a response back. No idea.

claire1979 is my siggy hero

www.etsy.com/shop/68cents
Go there. Buy stuff.

February 28th, 2010, 05:35 PM
I'll go with terrified too. My DH is amazing, but I had put it in my head that he was going to leave me. I still had no idea how I was going to tell him...I had thought about it all day. I was just going to wait until the next day and forgot that I had shoved the wrapper of the test behind me when he walked in. He said he was going to scratch my back...I roll over forgetting it was there - "What is this?" he asked...well that pretty much broke the ice and I had to tell him. Really wasn't that bad. I think he said. "we're idiots".
February 28th, 2010, 08:26 PM
gloryfades's Avatar Regular
i was terrified because him & i had a fight a few weeks previous to finding out and we weren't talking. i texted him and told him we needed to talk and he didn't respond. i called him & he didn't pick up so i sent him a picture of the two pregnancy tests i had taken. it's been several weeks & only the past week he has started to talk to me & things are getting a little better
February 28th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Not at all. Hes way less stressed about everything than i am, so I knew telling him was my only way to be able to get over the shock myself. Although this time he didnt believe me, and asked me to take another test lol. I think I had a month of being freaked out, but, he was always there to listen to me and tell me everything would work itself out.
February 28th, 2010, 10:54 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wasn't scared to tell him but worried... And he knew it.
I was actually on the phone with my DH when I took the test and I swore a lot and said i was seeing things. And then drove to see him at work (we both work at a hospital) and handed him the test. He was speechless then broke into a big grin and hugged me and then started crying... I about peed my pants.
March 1st, 2010, 06:44 AM
skyj03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was definatly scared to tell dh about our first pregnancy. We were split up at the time and I was 18 and I was scared myself. I called hime and told him we need to talk and drove to his house and took another test in front of him.

the 2nd time around I had already told him I suspected it and had been taking test so I wasn't scared to tell him

March 1st, 2010, 08:27 PM
conley1988
He was in the room when I found out and he was more, let's just breath. Now, he is really laid back about it and optimistic.
March 2nd, 2010, 05:37 AM
benandali's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope, not scared at all. Like someone else said, he stresses way less about things than I do. He said obviously god wanted us to have a baby right now.
March 2nd, 2010, 06:57 AM
MeganLaRue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MeganLaRue Send a message via Yahoo to MeganLaRue
I was terrified...
I just kind of blurted it out after my oldest went to bed (the baby was alread in bed)... and started crying... (my baby is only 3 months old... this was not the plan... he was supposed to be our last...)

He was actually ok with it.. I could tell he was shocked... but there was a hint of excitement...

Thanks vicki for my perfect siggie!!!
March 3rd, 2010, 02:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
With my first I was kind of numb. I think I was in shock. He asked what the test said and I said "it says yep, I'm pregnant"

I was scared to tell my parents but we were both terrified to tell his parents.

March 4th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was scared, yes. He was practically in the same room because our bathroom is right off the bedroom and he knew I was taking it. I was scared to take it because I kinda knew at the back of my mind that I was pregnant, even though this is my first. I got a dark bfp because I was about 7 weeks along already (denial). He was um, not so thrilled at first. Not mad at me, but he did start to cry and freak out. It was just bad timing, we're both college students and he has three years left. He's excited and happy now though.
March 31st, 2010, 05:16 AM
He was with me when I took the test, so I didn't really have to tell him lol.
March 31st, 2010, 08:36 AM
Veteran
I was terrified. There was nothing to indicate that he'd be dumping me, but for some reason I was convinced he would. And then what would I do!? I could manage without my parents' support, but not without Mack!

Fortunately my paranoia was just that, paranoia. He didn't even freak out. He's a lot calmer and more practical than I am.

April 6th, 2010, 05:23 PM
I was scared. I knew what my reaction was and I was sure he was going to have the same or one pretty similar considering the facts around it...

but I was WRONG. He was actually kinda happy and said he knew because I was sick and said "the timing is off, but when is it ever ideal to have a baby?"

Now, if I could just figure out how to take it out of me and insert the embryo in him, I think we can make this work lol
April 7th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was terrified! We had only been together for about a month! But he actually guessed it when he got home from a week long trip. That day we took a trip to the lake before we even took the test and we talked about it and he was excited! We talked about everything and it made me feel a lot better! I thought he would be freaked out but he took it better than I did. We stopped at the store on the way home and bought a test and sure enough it was positive. Even though we had already talked about it I still cried and he just held me and told me that he was happy and everything was gonna be alright.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search