Finding out about a pregnancy late..?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Has anyone out there found out you were pregnant quite late?
If so, how far along were you and how did you find out?
March 1st, 2010, 05:47 AM
Super Mommy
I was 9wks when i did a pregnancy test with ds1, 10wks at first dr's appt. Sure made my 2nd pregnancy (where I knew immediately) feel SUPER LONG!!

I wasn't on birth control but I had an understanding of how cycles worked and we were generally using condoms anyway. But this one time......and now he's 5.5! So I wasn't expecting it. Around Oct 10, before I conceived I had started with a rash on my arm. Then a few days later a sore throat. But rapid strep tests were all coming back negative. Finally, after 3 weeks of my tonsils KILLING me and beginning to bleed, LOTS of q-tips down my throat, mono tests, exhaustion...I went to a new doctor and was told I had Strep B in my throat. Apparently rapid strep tests only test for Strep A! So at this point I had just conceived. I went to an Ear/nose/throat guy who scoped my throat to make sure there was no permanent damage and i was put on a month of Augmentin (Penicillan). Thank goodness it is safe for pregnancy because it wasn't until the week after Thanksgiving, when I went off the medication and I realized I hadn't gotten my period since the beginning of October. I counted back to see when I had been with dh (my boyfriend at the time, we were in college at separate colleges so we only saw each other once in awhile...it was pretty easy to see what happened). So we took the pregnancy test together, the next week went to the dr. then told our parents. It was scary.

But I wouldn't have it any other way! My little munchkin man is my best friend!
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

March 1st, 2010, 06:41 AM
skyj03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like to lurk here since both my girls were unplanned.

So with my first pregnancy I didn't take a test until I was 12 weeks, I never had reg. periods and didn't have any symtoms my best friend at the time told me to take a test. I thought she just wanted someone to be misrable with her since she had just found out she was prego but low and behold I was.

with my 2nd even though it was unplanned we knew we had messed up and I was testing soon after so I found out at 4 weeks

March 1st, 2010, 09:28 PM
conley1988
16 weeks and 3 day!
March 15th, 2010, 05:15 PM
I was 10 weeks pregnant before I realized what was going on. When you're periods are irregular its hard to notice the amount of time that can pass.
March 16th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Veteran
we just found out i am pregnant. we have a 10 1/2 month old and my periods didnt come back really. i had 2 in 4 months after i had the last baby and after 3 pregnancies where i couldnt get out of bed because of the nausea, and soreness we find out i am possibly 28 weeks pregnant(waiting on ultrasound) no nausea no soreness no weight gain but all the sudden something is kicking the crap out of me from the inside. i think part of it was us wanting to not acknowledge i was pregnant again so quickly. unfortunately i lost my medical insurance 1 week after our 10 month old was born so it was a little stressful and im one of this women that even a little too much stress makes me miss my period. i feel like an idiot now for not realizing it but i honestly had no symptoms and figured i was just recovering from having my son.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search