my story

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2010, 03:25 PM
laurabelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ive posted on this board and some responses also throughout the past few months. it is the first board i used on JM back in October when i learned of my own. it is very very scary for a lot of girls and women to find out they are preggers unexpected and i think this is a wonderful forum for them to come to and get some words of encouragement, even though they may not help instantly.

that being said, ijust wanted to share our story now that i can look back several months and see how it all progressed.

for full effect, i think i should back to up to the beginning of summer, 2009. my ex broke up with me in the end of may which sent me on a spiral off the deepend. for the next two months he was mentally and emotionally abusive towards me. we spent a lot of time being "on and off" but i reached a point where i had had enough of it. it was when i started spending time with DF ("dear father",or, "dear fiance" for those new to JM) in August. well, the ex was extremely upset with this and tried everything in his power to pull me back to him. he even tried to tell me he thought i was pregnant. well. that freaked me out beyond belief, as i knew he had two exes he had previously gotten preg. both had abortions. but needless to say i was scared nonetheless. in fact i was so scared that even though i got AF on august 21, right on time, i convinced myself that it was too light for my liking and that it could be implantation bleeding, so i actually peed on a stick August 27. thank god, allah, zeus, abba, the beatles, whoever it is that you pray to, it was negative.

life went on. i had found someone i was madly in love with and knew i wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. we spent all our free time together, talking, laughing, drinking wine, cooking, going out to bars with friends, took roadtrips, having the time of our lives. September 27 we were having a BBQ at my apartment complex and we went to the store to get a few things. he asked me if i was due for AF anytime soon. i hadnt really noticed bc i wasnt worried (hey, we were using pull n pray, he never came in me, so everythings fine, right? i'd ben using this method for years) but he was right, i was a few days late. he asked if i wanted to test that day and i said no, lets just have the BBQ, have fun and we'll take a test in the morning. September 28, clear blue easy digi test says it all "pregnant".

the only reason i delayed on my decision was i needed to check my dates. if this was in fact my lovers child then, if he agreed to it, i would go though with it. if it was by some small chance possible to be the spawn of satan, there was no way (yes all the pro-lifers are probably booing and hissing at me right now, but trust me, there is no exaggeration to the term spawn of satan). so i went for an hcg blood test september 29. the level came back as 440, which is 3 - 5 weeks depending on which chart youre using.

we talked about it a bit. we knew that we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. that being said, we also assumed at some point we would be having a kid or two, so what would be the point in turning it away if it was here now. and that was that, then we went out for breakfast. my first appt was oct 6 and there was still no embryo. we went in a week later, and there he was. the doc said i was probably just about a week earlier than they had went of of from my LMP, probably due to late ovulation. ive had a perfect pregnancy since then.

so here i am today, exactly 3 months from my due date (June 4). we got engaged back in november and are waiting til after the birth to get married. i still get scared that i'm not ready for all this. i still get jealous at all the things that we can not do anymore, or will not be able to when the baby comes. but i know that he was meant to be here and i know that everything will be just fine.

i guess i just wanted to share bc, well, everyone goes through it. we all have different stories. some are similiar, some are extremely different. but its always nice to read through and find the ones that resemble yours and you can really relate to. and its nice to know that everything turns out ok.

hope this finds everyone doing well today, cheers to happy and helathy pregnancies...
March 4th, 2010, 09:38 PM
conley1988
Congrats on a wonderful new man in your life and impending birth!
March 5th, 2010, 09:01 AM
emmiejack0810's Avatar MELANIE
Lurker here --- as our Tadpole was NTNP baby - and we are sooo excited...

But I read your story and wanted to just say congrats!!!!! AND...

When baby comes into your life - all of the things that you think you are going to miss out on - believe me when I say - You will not think about that anymore... Baby is going to consume your life and I mean in a great way --- Motherhood to be honest is in fact the most tiring and most rewarding thing there is... You in some way will look back and go - oh those things that I used to do are not so important anymore...

Have a great end of the pregnancy and look forward to the best part of your life.

Thank you BAM for this INCREDIBLE Siggy

March 5th, 2010, 12:38 PM
cera0701's Avatar Happy to be expecting #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by misscallie View Post
When baby comes into your life - all of the things that you think you are going to miss out on - believe me when I say - You will not think about that anymore... Baby is going to consume your life and I mean in a great way --- Motherhood to be honest is in fact the most tiring and most rewarding thing there is... You in some way will look back and go - oh those things that I used to do are not so important anymore...
I have to completely agree, but thank you so much for sharing your story with us. It is so nice to hear other stories like this.

Good luck and enjoy your last few months of being pg. Being a mom was the best thing I have ever done!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search