dh is not happy

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2010, 07:39 PM
soontobemommyof4's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm so sad right now. I wasn't going to tell dh that we were expecting another baby until he returned from his trip on friday but he asked me on the phone tonight if my monthly friend ever showed. And, I just couldn't lie to him about it.

He doesn't think we can handle it. A 4th child. He is afraid that we could have another special needs child. I was just starting to get excited and now I don't know what to think. I really believe that every baby is a blessing but are we being responsible. What is worse?

I hate that he took it so hard and it is making him so stressed. He made alot of sense, but I just can't get an abortion. I don't beleive in it. I wish this was a bad dream. I wish I could bed sure that this baby is healthy and nothing is wrong with him or her.

I don't know what to do or what to think.

Make a pregnancy ticker

March 22nd, 2010, 08:06 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
dear kim:

i am a grandma who was in different circumstances many years ago but still could not afford another baby. i did not believe in abortion (still don't) and was very conflicted in what to do. thankfully for me, i chose life. if you feel strongly about it, then stick to your guns about not aborting it. maybe adoption could be an answer for you. and lastly, after the shock has worn off, he may get excited about it.

as far as having another special needs child, since you didn't specify what the 'special need' is, you should see a dr asap and see what the chances are. whatever you do, i wish you well in your journey.

~~terre~~
March 23rd, 2010, 03:05 AM
soontobemommyof4's Avatar Super Mommy
Thank you for your note. I think it will be OK. Dh is out of town this week taking care of his ill mother, but late last night he sent me a note and said he loved me and that he was just shocked was all. He needed some time to digest this new info, and that it wasn't a bad thing.
Our special needs son is autistic. I think we are going to do the extra testing to prepare and/or ease our minds.

Thanks again for your note.

Make a pregnancy ticker

March 24th, 2010, 10:55 AM
MeganLaRue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MeganLaRue Send a message via Yahoo to MeganLaRue
i want to wish you the best of luck.
My oldest son has a genetic disability, so I too understandthe very scary thought of not only the unexpected pregnancy, but the possible disability as well...
I'm glad that he seems to be more ok about it now.

Thanks vicki for my perfect siggie!!!
March 24th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Jodi Dawn's Avatar Host of the Jan-July 05 P
Send a message via Yahoo to Jodi Dawn
hugs. I am glad to hear that it was just the shock talking. best of luck
March 25th, 2010, 05:15 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad he turned around and it was just shock. I hope everything turns out good for you.

Good Luck

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 25th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
His heart will warm up,just give him time.Sounds like he's beginning to warm up...best wishes

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

April 2nd, 2010, 10:08 AM
conley1988
It's so scary when the one who is suppose to be in it with you isn't on the same page at first, but DF was just like your hubby, he was scared etc and abortion was his first thought after the paranoia set in. I am glad hubby came around like my DF!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search