Over due and no prenatal care, help?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2010, 09:18 PM
I don't know what to do... My job didn't provide health insurance so I was on a payment plan with my doctors. I made too much money for state assistance insurance at the time. I was laid off 2 months ago and denied unemployment. I had no choice but to stop going to my prenatal appointments because I could not afford it. I stopped going when I was laid off (January). Now my due date WAS March 21, I don't know what to do. I tried to just be as healthy as possible, and keep up with my prenatal vitamins, etc.

What should I do? Help? I hate that I am in such a terrible place in life right now. I have never had so much go wrong with such horrible timing.
March 24th, 2010, 02:19 AM
*Pamela*
There should be a clinic attatched to a hospital. If not find out where one is by contacting social services.

Also, did you fight the unemployment? Sometimes you have to. If you are not working you should have applied for state care at the time. If you go into labor and have your baby, get an apt with social services and they will cover the birth. Just dont waste another min.

best wishes
March 24th, 2010, 07:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You are also only 3 days overdue!! A pregnancy can range from 37 to 42 weeks. I know as uncomfortable it is, it is worth it to just hang in there the baby may need some more time to bake. Most don't induce until closer to 42 weeks unless there is concern shown by u/s, NST, BP, etc.

Aside from that I'd go back and apply for state health assistance. If you are laid off and have no income - you should qualify. I agree, try unemployement again - see why they wouldn't qualify you. Unless you worked for a non-profit, your employeer should have paid into unemployement.
March 24th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Jodi Dawn's Avatar Host of the Jan-July 05 P
Send a message via Yahoo to Jodi Dawn
I would apply for assistance again now that you are laid off and probably make less money. hugs I hope it all works out for you
March 25th, 2010, 05:37 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
you should look into a clinic. They can't deny you health care.

You can get vitamins over the coutner that aren't that expensive.

Good Luck

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 25th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
Reapply for state medicaid and aid,also you can go to the health department,they offer prenatal care too.

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search