Introduction and Question

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Hello everyone!
My name is Cassie. I am 22 years old. I am an English teacher living in Mexico. I am originally from Indiana in the US.
I am not really sure if my question belongs here, but I just need some support and help. So if it's in the wrong place feel free to move it.
Here is a little background before the question..sorry if TMI. I only recently became sexually active last year. Before that my periods were consistently 28 days like clockwork. Never a single late period. In December I had a pregnancy scare when my period was 5 days late. But the tests all came back negative and I did get my period. The next month my period was 5 days early. Then it was 3 days late in February. Then this month it FINALLY returned to 28 days. Here is my question..I had a one night stand the day after my last period ended. It was unprotected. Since my cycles have been a little wacky lately, I am wondering what my chances of being pregnant are? Has anyone else gotten pregnant by having sex the day after their period ended?
Obviously, I have posted this here, because if I am pregnant it would be totally unplanned. I have told 2 VERY close friends about the possibility, but that is it. I am still sort of in shock that I am even in this situation, and I am really nervous to find out if I am pregnant. Anyways, thanks for reading!
March 26th, 2010, 09:55 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
don't know the clinical answer to your question but i think anything is possible!! good luck no matter how it turns out.
March 26th, 2010, 10:20 PM
iMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Odds are you probably are not pregnant, but there is a very slim chance that you could be. I know the waiting can be tough, because there's obviously no way to know for certain until your period comes or you take a test (which, depending on the test, won't be accurate until a few days before you're due). Try not to stress out about it too much -- there's less than a 1% chance that you could be pregnant. I've been in that situation (I didn't end up getting pregnant from having sex at that point in my cycle), so I know it's hard not to think about it. Good luck!
March 27th, 2010, 06:17 AM
Super Mommy
The chances of getting pregnant within 7 days of the start of your period (when your cycle actually starts) is very low although not 0. Because even if you did conceive, the lining of your uterus at that point is probably too thin to support a pregnancy. However...if you ovulate that close to the start of your cycle...your next period would have come much sooner than 28 days. The average luteal phase is anywhere from 10-16 days which means thats how many days after you ovulate you would get your period. In order for pregnancy to occur it must be more than 9-10 days...but a luteal phase where you are NOT pregnant is rarely more than 18 days. If you followed all that math lol.........it might help to know how many days your period was, or the date of the first day of your period, date you had sex compared to now then we could help you figure it out!

Taking Charge of Your Fertility is an AMAZING book if you are not taking birth control pills. Even if you do not start charting your temperature or anything it is still good to read. I learned so much.
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

March 27th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Thank you so much ladies!
My last period started on March 9th. It lasted about 4 days. I had sex on March 14th and I was not bleeding at that time. I don't know if that helps...
My main concern is that my periods have not been regular in the past few months, and one month I had a 23 day cycle. Also, I know that sperm can wait around for a while waiting to fertilize the egg. So I am afraid that maybe I became fertile earlier or even ovulated early. I hate this whole waiting game..I just want to know...

Last edited by casicassie; March 27th, 2010 at 10:43 AM.
March 28th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
odds of getting pregnant so soon after AF are pretty low, of course it has happened before im sure, but its not very likely that you would ovulate on the 6th day of your cycle

March 29th, 2010, 04:17 AM
soontobemommyof4's Avatar Super Mommy
I guess it can happen because it happened to me. I had sex the day after my period ended and I am pregnant now. If your cycles are a bit off right now, it can totally happen. Good luck.

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search