What to tell the parents.. (Even though I am 22 & about to graduate college)

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2010, 03:10 PM
Regular
.....I am 22 and about to graduate to become an RN in like 6 weeks now.
I have a wonderful significant other, we just bought our first home. We are not engaged but before this surprise discussed how we wanted to spend our lives together.

I am not quite sure what to tell my parents. He told his mother. I know easter is coming up so I was thinking of a way to tell them in a easter gift or something. I am not sure.
I just hate rejection even though I know I will NOT get that from my parents, its just that initial hump everyone goes through when they need to tell.
Advice?
March 31st, 2010, 04:06 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
suck it up and do it, not trying to sound mean, but i was pretty much in your exact situation (im also 22, great BF, House, good job) and i was scared out of my freaking mind to tell my parents. But i finally just sat them down and told them after MONTHS of putting it off (i was 14 weeks along) and it went amazing, they were shocked but not mad at all, and now they are so excited so i spent months stressing and worrying about how to tell them and how they might react and when i finally just came out and said it everything was fine, and i just felt so silly for being so worried about it.

from the sounds of your post youre parents will probably take the news really great, id just sit them down (alone or with your SO) and tell them you have something really exciting to share with them.

it always seems really scary till you do it, then it will be done and you wont need to worry over it anymore.

April 1st, 2010, 12:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm 26... and I wa terrified every time to tell my parents. Depending on who was more "supportive" in other areas of my life, I'd tell first....

With my first baby (That ended in M/C) I told my mom when I found out, I was scared, but she made it easier. Then a few weeks later, I told my brother, and told him to tell my dad... I got out of that one easily! lol

Then With Ryan, I told my dad first, and waited till about 15 weeks to tell my mom.

With Brax. I told my mom first... then my dad found out... when I was.... 34 weeks (and my step sis told him.... blah)

With Kaden, again, I told my mom first, but I think i waited till about 12 weeks....
Not sure how/when I told my dad

With this one, I told my mom first again... I'd found out 2 days before... my dad found out when he was drunk and asked me when I was having another kid... lol. (DHs mom still doesn't know and he just told his brother like 4 weeks ago lol)

I agree, just do it and get it over with. YOu'll feel SOOO much better once they know!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search