seventeen and possibly pregnant?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2010, 11:17 AM
hi there ladies!
just wondering if anyone can be of any help to me about this situation im in!

basically, i havent had a proper full period since second week of feb,
a week after the time i think i would of conceived i had a couple of days of dark discharge/very light blood spotting, then nothing since!

my doc has done various blood tests for anemia/diabetes etc,
but all came back normal!

he seems to think im in early stages of pregnancy, although 3 home pregnancy tests came out negative!
im having literally every single pregnancy symptom/sign and have been for almost 4 weeks now, the doc thinks that it could purely be not showing up as positive because i dont have high enough hcg levels, which is apparently not that uncommon in women, some dont get a positive til they're 8 weeks!

the doctor said to give it a month, keep doing home preg. tests every week til i get either a period or a positive hpt! then if i get neither he'll do a blood test to test for pregnancy

well basically, he told me to come off my pills just incase i am pregnant,

i came off them 3 days ago, and have had a tiny bit of light brown discharge when i wipe after urinating, but no blood!

day 5 off the pill now, and only a bit of clear discharge, rounded tummy, achey body, frequent nausea still, lower backache

and the light discharge has gone, just a very clear discharge now!
any idea whats going on?!!
April 1st, 2010, 12:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If your dr thinks you're early stage pregnancy, he should give you a blood test to make sure. That will show up before a pregnancy test could.

Sometimes women just miss a period, for no reason... and no explaination. I'd request a blood test. The sooner you know, the better.
April 1st, 2010, 02:23 PM
cera0701's Avatar Happy to be expecting #2
Wow Sophie I am sorry you have no answers. What kind of dr are you going to? An OBGYN would be best in this case and yes they can go ahead and give you a test. I don't know whay they wouldn't do that?

Yes it does sound like early pg but then again it could be so much more. I would call my dr and insist on having a blood test. Hope you find your answers.

April 2nd, 2010, 10:32 AM
conley1988
Definitely see a ob if you are not, they are so much more let's see if this is pregnancy then GP's. That's their job!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search