Question about bleeding during pregnancy

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2005, 11:25 AM
Send a message via MSN to great_expectations Send a message via Yahoo to great_expectations
Hi everyone,
I have a depressing question. Did anyone bleed during pregnancy. A friend told me about a couple women she knows who bled every month while pregnant and had healthy babies, are they in a minoroty or did she tell me a pack of lies to re-assure me? I have received every kind of pregnancy test result at this stage, negative, inaccurate and positive. Now I'm over 3 months down the road and all of a sudden I'm bleeding, very slightly, but bleeding nonethless. Those of you who have read my previous post know my situation. I don't feel like I can take anymore heartache, I've just got my head around being a mom-to-be. I still havent told my family and the last time I went to the doctor the tests where still coming up negative so only I and my best friend know. I'm a little worried about the bleeding, it only started last night. Can anyone tell me, did they bleed during pregnancy or is it definetly a really bad sign?

Thanks, Julie.
March 22nd, 2005, 11:58 AM
Maddies_Mommy22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Maddies_Mommy22
I can tell you honestly, the only time i've bled during both my pregnancies were 1, after getting internal exams done, 2, after having sex (when I first become pregnant) or 3, this pregnancy in the beginning when my body was trying to reject the baby because of my negative blood type. I had to recieve my Rhogam shot to fix that problem.

It's normal to have a little bleeding after an exam, or even after sex in the beginning.. but not all the time, and NOT alot of bleeding. I'm talking a little spotting or just blood when you wipe. If it's more than that.. you should definitely go get yourself checked out.

I don't know your story, but good luck to you and I hope everything is okay.

~Hoping for a Baby Boy!~
March 22nd, 2005, 04:03 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi. I thought your test came back negative. Last I heard you werent pregnant...what happened???

I have heard that its ok to bleed lightly during pregnancy but its best to go to your dr to get checked

March 22nd, 2005, 05:23 PM
Send a message via MSN to great_expectations Send a message via Yahoo to great_expectations
Tylerj1029,
Originally the test did come back negative, guess I should have updated sooner, I've just been so confused and upset. Test came back negative, negative, negative, positive, negative and then finally positive again last week( in that order). In total I have lost 25lbs weight in three months due to the trauma and yet, that bump (the one the doctor re-assured me would go away....it grew.) I figure that it's probably containing something...or someone. I'm amazed because this pregnancy is against all the odds. I knew something wasn't right, I felt different, I knew the tests were wrong, I just knew, I don't know how.

I'm still taking the sleeping pills and anti-depressents and I have been seeing the counsellor. I am moving on, I'm stressed nonetheless. I just want all the drama to stop. I don't understand why I would be bleeding, I'm not sexually active now, I haven't had any exams done recently. It doesn't make any sense. I'm actually supposed to be 13 weeks pregnant. It's really strange...but then everything about this is strange. I haven't told my parents but my dad said the strangest thing tonight. (Remeber ages ago he asked me if I was pregnant when I hadn't mentioned it...weird) well I was talking to him tonight and he turned around to me and told me that I should try and get some sleep because I'd be needing it and gave me this look, this peculiar look as if he was saying 'I know the truth'. (I'm staying on good terms with them...we're not best pals and we don't talk most days but good terms nonetheless) Anyway, I really hope this is nothing, I am strong but I can't keep jumping obstacles. It's just one thing after another lately, I've already lost so much I don't want to lose the baby too.

Oh and it's not heavy bleeding, it's just red stains or noticing it when I wipe. Sorry if that's a bit graphic. I haven't felt any pain, not normal period pain anyway, fairly numb which is really strange for me especially when I'm not even taking neurofen. There are no lumps, I noticed a very small blood clot but that's it. It's been on and off since last night.

Oh and I just want to say thankyou. Thanks for the help girls, you'll never know how much you have already helped me. I really had nowhere else to turn. This entire ordeal has just been one huge blur, one that I never thought would happen to me. You always think it'll be someone else. Anyway, Thankyou so much.

Julie.
March 22nd, 2005, 07:55 PM
sporel's Avatar Regular
well, my sister blead (litely of course) the entire time she was pregnant with both her sons, and they were born perfectly healthy. But be careful though, because you are taking meds and that could seriuosly effect your unborn child. have you had your dr. do a blood pregnancy test. i know that last thing you want is more poking and prodding, but this is rather important.
March 22nd, 2005, 07:57 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope everything turns out alright for you.

March 23rd, 2005, 01:26 PM
Well, I don't know if this helps or not, but my roommate graduated with a girl who bled every month. Because she was bleeding, she didn't find out that she was pregnant until she was five months along. Sorry this isn't much information, but that's all I know. Hope it helps you some!
March 24th, 2005, 08:27 AM
1proudmom2kalli
YAY! Finally something I can speak from experience on. Okay, I didn't read any of your earlier posts, just this one, so I don't know the ENTIRE situation.

I found out that I was pregnant in December on a Friday. I took 2 home pregnancy tests just to make sure, and I couldn't go to the doctor's because of insurance reasons yet. So I didn't go. Well, I was supposed to get my period the wednesday before. When I didn't get my period I took the tests. I had JUST come to terms with the fact that I was going to have a kid, when the following Monday I had some bleeding. I'm a full-time college student as well as working full time, so I'm always on the go. I was at college and saw some bleeding and I thought "What? Didn't the test come out positive?" So I went home bawling to my Mom about it and she called my doctor's office after hours, of course, so we wound up with the doctor on call at the hospital and told them the story. They reccomended that I come in for a blood test to confirm whether or not I was pregnant, but they thought I might have miscarried. So, Tuesday morning first thing I was in the hospital getting my blood test, and by Tuesday afternoon, it was confirmed that I was in fact pregnant. When they found that I was pregnant, they scheduled an ultrasound to see what the cause of bleeding was. I had my ultrasound that Friday and I got to see my little girl for the first time. Of course, I was 6 weeks, 2 days at that point, so my little girl looked more like a little blob, but I still got a picture and went home with tears in my eyes.
I went to see the doctor at his office about a week or 2 later and we talked a lot about the bleeding. I had had 2 instances of bleeding at that point, so I wasn't sure what to think. (I bled right around Christmas too). So I was nervous. I went in and he did an internal exam and felt around and said that everything felt like it was developing normally. He said when you have bleeding during pregnancy, although it is COMMON, it IS NOT NORMAL. So, it's what's called a "threatened abortion" or "threatened miscarriage". Now if you're anything like me and the rest of these pregnant women, when you find out you're pregnant, the last thing you wanna hear is MISCARRIAGE. So I freaked. Well, I went home and read all I could on the topic and it said that plenty of people (75%) have a threatened miscarriage and still go on to deliver healthy babies. After reading this, I was still really really nervous, so until I got to like 14 weeks I was totally careful about EVERYTHING, almost to the point of being paranoid. Even though my pregnancy was not planned AT ALL, I still didn't want anything to happen to this child, you know?
So this past Tuesday (March 22) I went for my ultrasound. At 19 weeks, 6 days, I found out that I'm having a normal healthy baby girl. As far as doctors can tell, there's absolutely nothing wrong with her!

So my advice to you is SEE A DOCTOR. Tell them about your bleeding and tell them about your concerns. That's what they're there for, to help ease your concerns and to make sure that you're okay. If you worry and stress, you run the risk of hurting your baby, so it is ALWAYS better to call or see your doctor.

As far as your anti-depressants and your sleeping pills, I would be discussing this with your doctor if you haven't already, because from everything I've read they tell you DO NOT TAKE SLEEPING PILLS. Be careful because you can only take certain medications when you're pregnant.

I hope that my story helps you and I hope it eases your mind a little. If you have any more questions AT ALL please please PLEASE PM me. I would be MORE than happy to help you in anyway I can... My e-mail is kryzif@gmail.com and you can e-mail me ANYTIME.
March 24th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to .Diana.
I had this, I found out I was pregnant.. and 2 months later I started bleeding. I freaked out!! I had no idea what to do!! When it finally came time for my doc. appointment they told me it was normal and that its probably old blood still in you from your menstreal period (if its a dark bown). I was happy to hear this!

But you still need to see a doctor and make sure everything is fine with you and the baby!

Add me as a Friend on Myspace!
Natalies World </div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search