How old were you when you got pregnant? and were there any problems?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2010, 08:17 PM
MissChryssie:)'s Avatar Katheryns' Mommie ♥
I'm 20 and I just found out I am 5 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I'm excited, yet very anxious. By the time I am due to have my baby I'll already be 21 so I know I have nothing to worry about when it comes to my parents finding out. The father of my baby though has told me he wants nothing to do with me or my child so I'm on my own :/ My best friend is also pregnant, but she's halfway done with her first trimester, and her morning sickness has been lasting all day, everyday for weeks now. I'm horrible with nausea so I am so not looking forward to that!

I've realized I have horrible symptoms. Like constant sneezing! Its driving me nuts, along with a slightly sore throat, constipation and slight mood swings. Thank goodness I don't have the morning sickness yet! Share with me what you've experienced so far, or what you experienced when you were barely 5 weeks like me.
September 5th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Expecting 1st LO!
I'm 21 years old and am a little over 16 weeks pregnant. At 5 weeks, I was having slight nausea, but mostly headaches. I, too, have a weakness when it comes to nausea, but so far, I've been okay, no vomiting or anything =] Mostly, it felt like a hangover every morning but that goes away when you get into your second trimester.

For the constipation, try to drink lots of fluids and take in lots of fiber. Usually a bowl of Raisin Bran every day will help too. The sneezing is normal because the membranes in the nose increase in mucus production when you're pregnant. I'm still finding myself with a stuffy nose lol. Also, don't be surprised if you get nosebleeds. Your mood swings will likely get worse, but it varies for every woman. I know I was irritated by practically everything and everyone lol, but since entering my second trimester, they've died down quite a bit.

Last edited by SkkY; September 5th, 2010 at 08:44 PM.
September 5th, 2010, 08:55 PM
The problem is I'm still living with my parents and they still don't know I'm pregnant. I'm terrified of telling them. How did you tell your parents?
September 5th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Expecting 1st LO!
I pretty much called my mom up and told her that she wasn't going to be happy with me, then I told her the news. I haven't lived with her since high school, so it was easier for me. Yours will be harder, but I think if you sit them down and explain that you really need their support right now, especially with the father not in the picture, they'll be more understanding. They will be taken aback for sure, and might even be upset or angry. But being 20 and pregnant is scary enough, and having to do it without a partner is even more frightening so it's important for them to be supporting even if they aren't going to act like it right away. It's always better to tell them sooner rather than later so they get used to the idea and will be more helpful in the long run.

Are your parents normally open with you about other things?
September 5th, 2010, 09:23 PM
I can usually talk to my mom about anything. My dad just agrees with anything she says. Even when I was 17 my mom said if anything happens she'd be there for me. i just hate when they are disappointed.
September 5th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Expecting 1st LO!
I think your parents will be supportive, but don't be put off by their initial reactions. My mom told me she was disappointed because she was 19 when she had me and she didn't want me to make the same mistake. But now she is excited to be a grandmother and is already looking at baby clothes lol. My partner's parents definitely did not want us to have this baby, and they even told his sister the same thing when she was pregnant at 30 just because she wasn't married, but now they're happy to have grandchildren, and they're looking forward to having another one.

The hardest part is the part before you actually tell them because it's scary and stressful, but you will be very relieved once you do =]
September 5th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Love My Joey's Avatar Super Mommy
I was 20 when I found out I was pregnant and had my baby boy at 21. I'm 22 now and he will be 1 on September 18th. His father also wanted nothing to do with him but then he changed his mind a couple months ago and decided to come around and then changed his mind again and I haven't talked to him since...I'll spare you the rest of the drama but it has been crazy lol. Congrats on your pregnancy though. I had just moved back home when I found out I was pregnant and I was in my junior year of college so it was tough. My mom is my best friend and we are super close but my dad and I aren't close at all and I haven't talked to him since he found out I was pregnant. I didn't tell my mom I was pregnant until I was 16 weeks along already and she took it ok. She asked me what my plan was and that was it (she didn't even know I was having sex so it was a little awkard since she still thought i was a virgin lol). Now she is a FABULOUS grandma. I now live on my own again, graduated college with a bachelors degree and I work full time and will also be applying for graduate school next year. Things aren't always easy but I wouldn't change a thing. Everything will work out and as for the morning sickness and stuff, I don't have any advice because I didn't have any, sorry. Good luck hun!
September 7th, 2010, 05:04 AM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
I was 16 when I first found out, I couldn't tell my mom, so my boyfriend at the time called and told her. It was really hard, but eventually her and my dad came around... and now, I'm 22 and my daughter is 4. I start my first year of university tomorrow and my parents are so proud of all I've accomplished. My daughter's father is technically in the picture, but he's not consistant. I've given his sooo many chances over 4 years, but now I'm filling for child support and full custody.

Pregnancy wise, I had no complications until the end when the cord was wrapped around her neck. She was blue when she was born, but was fine and healthy

GL with everything!!
September 8th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Thanks so much for the advice! It makes me feel so much better! I had some scary bleeding the other day, and now I don't even feel pregnant anymore. But I am more than happy with this pregnancy, if the baby is ok. I am still very early in my pregnancy. About a month barely. But the father of my baby barely starting to want to be there for me. Calling me, wanting to move in together and help me have a healthy pregnancy. I'm just so confused on what to do, because I would rather have my parents know and help me, than him. But I know he has every right to be in my baby's life. My brother has 3 babies, with 3 separate women and my mom is very bitter with not being able to be in the babies lives. So when they find out I am pregnant, they'll be disappointed, but excited that they finally have a grandchild that won't be taken away from them.

Thanks again for the advice! Wish me luck!

Btw if my baby is a girl, her name is going to be Natalie and if its a boy, Alexander

Tags
excited , pregnant , young

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search