So...I'm pregnant

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 11th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Linzie's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to Linzie Send a message via Skype™ to Linzie
Hi Grace, I'm Linzie. What I really want to stress to you is your life doesnt end because you have a kid. You can still go to college (actually you can get more grants too, being a mom). You may have to put off that summer in New York until the little one is older, but everything you want to do in life is still entirely possible. You do have a few options: keep, adopt, or abort. I would recommend telling your BF as soon as you feel up to it, since it is half his. You two can decide where you want to go from there. Talk extensively with your mom too.

There are still a lot of options and futures for you Grace. And no matter what you decide, there will always be support on these forums. My PM's are open.

September 12th, 2010, 10:23 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome Gracie. Congratulations on your pregnancy even thought it was unplanned.

I agree with the person above me your life doesn't end just because you have a little one.

Good luck with your decision.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

September 15th, 2010, 10:18 PM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
Popping in to invite you over to the May DDC. There are a number of women there who are also having unplanned pregnancies. My first child was unplanned, and I was scared out of my mind too, and we are now expecting #3. I hope you will join us.

**NEW** Due Date Club of May 2011 - JustMommies Message Boards

ETA: Here's a thread about several of us who have or are experiencing and unplanned pregnancy
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...pregnancy.html

Last edited by 3TeamH; September 15th, 2010 at 10:21 PM.
September 15th, 2010, 10:45 PM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
Hey Grace, welcome to JM This place was my sanctuary when I found out I was pregnant! We have a Teen Moms and Moms to Be board as well, just keep scrolling down if you're interested!

Myself, I found out I was pregnant at 16, had my daughter at 17. It isn't easy, & it definitely won't get any easier, but it is very do-able! The only real advice I can give you is make sure that the choice you make is your own, & no one else's. It's very important that you want whatever you decide!

Personally, I dropped out of high school a few months before I even knew I was pregnant... I worked until I had my daughter, stayed home for 9 months after, then went back. 2 years ago I went to an adult high school and finished with honors Now, I'm in university working towards being a nurse! I've got 4 years ahead of me, but well worth it!

Your life doesn't end when you have a child, even at a young age like 17. For me, the birth of my daughter gave me a life. She's given me motivation and determination that I never had before!

You will also have plenty of time to enjoy your freedom once you're in your thirties !
October 6th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Ashley11
I'm so happy you're keeping it. I was in a pickle and wasn't sure what I wanted to do, all I knew is I didn't want it at all. I thought that being pregnant meant I could never do anything I used to anymore. Now I know it just adds more excitement to it.

Congrats and good luck girl!
October 13th, 2010, 01:37 PM
This is a really tough situation that you're going through. I got pregnant at 16 and was going to have an abortion but my bf freaked out so I kept it. I love my son and I would never take back my decision but the best advice I would give you is to do what is best for you. It seems like you have a supportive family and hopefully your boyfriend continues to support you. Good luck with everything!
October 18th, 2010, 10:11 AM
DramaFreeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on the baby even though it was unplanned

I was 19 when we found out (i'm 20 now), and even though i was legally an adult, i was still flipping out. I thought all my plans for college and traveling and such were out the window.

Now i have had time to think about it, and though my plans won't be exactly how i planned them, i can still do much of the things i wanted to. I may not be able to vacay across seas for months at a time now, but the occasional trip will still be doable. And i will still be able to go to school, i'll just have to start with online classes while baby is young.

You just have to look at it as a change and work around it. And even if you can't do everything you wanted to do before, once your baby is here, you will have an abundance of new and wonderful things to look forward too.

I hope you come back to this board and chat more. Any venting or talking you would like to do, I have my ears open!

Cece

Thank You Sharon for my beautiful siggy!

November 16th, 2010, 04:21 PM
LadyRedgraveDMC's Avatar Zom nom noms
Send a message via AIM to LadyRedgraveDMC
I was 17 when I was pregnant with my first (I miscarried around the 12 week mark) and I figured that things would change, but as others have said, the fun life doesn't have to end just because you have a child. Just stay optimistic and I'm sure you'll be a wonderful mother. I'm glad you have a supportive bf and family! Keep us posted!!!

Little info about me: I'm Amy, 24 years old. I'm in a long-term relationship with Marshall who is 26 years old. We're proud parents to furbabies Olive and Freddie. I live Oxnard, CA. I play video games all the time. I just learned to crochet. I read like crazy. Recently, I've taken up photography strictly as a hobby. I like taking pictures. I'm polytheistic. I've been on JustMommies for four or five years (I lurked for a long time). I love all you ladies so very much!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search