Please help!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2010, 10:58 AM
I am new to this forum and need some advice. Yes, before I go on, i was niave and stupid. I currently have two babies from a previous relationship. Well I met a guy I really like and really wanted to be with. We had unprotected sex and i took three tests yesterday and today, two different brands, and its a really faint positive. I am gonna take another test to be absolutely sure before i tell him but I am scared and nervous on how I go about telling him...I dont want him freaking out. Yes, Like I said, I already know I shoulda made him wear a condom, I asked him too when I realized he put himself in me, but he told me (while we were already having sex) that he had none and to not worry. So tell me, How do I go about telling him I am pregnant with his baby?
October 22nd, 2010, 11:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
hi. i am a lurker to this board and a grandmother. i would guess that just being honest and up-front with him would be the best route. in my experience it is 'safest' to break news in a public place like a restaurant so there is hopefully no yelling or nastiness. good luck!

~~terre~~
October 24th, 2010, 08:46 AM
evie210's Avatar Super Mommy
Well as soon as you confirm the pregnancy and knowwhat you want to do you should tell him. The worrying is not going to help. I did wait about 4 or 5 days to tell my BF after I got the BFP because I wanted to process it on my own, make a decision about what I was gonna do and not let him influence me and we were having so many problems he was hardly around -I didn't want to tell him over the phone.

When you tell him, there is no way you will know how he reacts. And even if his reaction is negative, after thinking about it or even after seeing the u/s pictures he may change his attitude about it. Good luck when you tell him!
October 26th, 2010, 10:35 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would also wait until it is confirmed and then sit down with him and tell him and make a decision together.

Good Luck

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

October 31st, 2010, 08:23 PM
Ashley11
Yeah, all you can do is be honest with the guy, you know? Let him know what is going on in your world, and how you feel, and then after telling him see how he feels. Give him a couple days to recoup (if he even needs it) from you telling him, and then see where you stand. And then go from there. The possibilities are endless. Good luck!
November 2nd, 2010, 02:02 PM
I think it is smart to decide how you feel about it before you tell him. I didn't do that and it ended up being more messy than it should have been.

You should also remind yourself that it isn't anymore your fault than it is his. He knew that you were unprotected and even encouraged the situation. It is natural because we are carrying the babies to feel it's a situation we caused. But, you know that he had his part in it.

I say you sit him down as soon as possible, take a deep breathe and tell him. You'll feel much better once you aren't holding it all inside.

Best of luck! We're here for you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search