How did the father react?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2011, 11:18 AM
smile hasnt left his face!
April 8th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Mischief Managed's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mischief Managed
He was pretty shocked and didn't believe me at first. Probably because when I told him we were in the shower and I kept on staring at my feet laughing when I told him. (I don't know why I was laughing!) We had been planning a wedding during this time so it just added a little bit more stress. But once the initial shock set in he was very excited. He is extremely excited now and we both keep on talking about how excited we are to be mommys and daddys! He will be a great daddy

April 16th, 2011, 12:50 PM
The father of my baby was really shocked and was in denial. lol. But later on he accepted it and said we're keeping the baby.
April 17th, 2011, 01:23 PM
lala2007's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lala2007
He took it better than I thought. He was shocked but told me we would be a family and he would be there. Well after him cheating and now a new gf I guess you get that picture it was all a lie.

Thank you so much Alethia
April 17th, 2011, 07:57 PM
EMTMommy2007's Avatar Mommy since 2007
My boyfriend has been pushig me to have an abortion for 2 weeks now, im the selfish one, it kills me
April 19th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Holdens Mommy <3
He was shocked but seemed supportive when I told him, then he stopped talking to me completely...this was a year and a half ago and still havent seen/heard from him.
April 20th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTMommy2007 View Post
My boyfriend has been pushig me to have an abortion for 2 weeks now, im the selfish one, it kills me
Your not the selfish one! NO ONE should PUSH you do something that your not 100% about doing. That is one hard decision. Trust me, I should know. I made that decision a year and a half ago. I feel it was the biggest mistake especially since I just had a miscarriage a couple of weeks ago. So I feel like your being strong and level headed...no selfish...((((HUGS))))
April 21st, 2011, 07:21 AM
My bf of 2 months (i know so short!) is way all over the place. he already has a son from a previous marriage which ended horribly... great start i know.
so heres the chain of events so far:

Says he doesn’t want it
Says he will support me and baby
Asks if ill still be w him even tho he doesn’t want it
Breaks up with me bc I want it
Wants to be a part of its life, just not with me (breaks up w me bc i wont get abortion)
Wants to help me, do 'household stuff'
Wants to make small talk
Wants to comfort me
Really wants to help me, begs to do 'household stuff'
Tells me he knows he's been freakin out lately and that hes really scared and he doesnt think i understand the gravity of the decision.... asked if this has ever happened before... of course it has lol (please post your short relationship pregnancy stories!!!!)

Only time will tell but i think he's realizing he's acting crazy and will come around. I think that the boomerang of actions and emotions are normal for men who are unsure, afraid, etc. they are just trying to sort things out. all in all, i dont want to go thru this alone but i will if i have to bc i know he is only acting out of fear and i cant make my decisions based on that. hope this helped.
April 22nd, 2011, 06:52 AM
Got back together with bf got lots of miss us and sorrys... good luck!
April 28th, 2011, 09:03 AM
JadaJade's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to JadaJade
Interesting story.... We went to planned parenthood and they wouldn't let him into the room to "discuss my options with me" so he was sitting looking like a poor sad sap, he still had no idea if the pregnancy was confirmed yet. I came out with a crap load of bags of information and such and he was literally shaking as we walked out into the parking lot. he asked if I was and I said yes, and he took this deep shaking breath and ran down the street singing "im going to be a dad" and clicked his heels together like a stupid fifties cartoon......It was adorable.Everyone thinks he's crazy because we're so young. Whatever.. as long as we're both happy.

Lil' Mister, Spencer James is due to arrive 11/1/11!
GO TEAM BLUE!!
May 15th, 2011, 04:35 PM
He was shocked ... shocked ... silent ... trying not to be angry ... shocked ... still silent ...

I'm not sure when acceptance is going to sink in but it's only been 5 days since he's known.
May 26th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to Sweetpgrl8
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraWonder View Post
He was shocked ... shocked ... silent ... trying not to be angry ... shocked ... still silent ...

I'm not sure when acceptance is going to sink in but it's only been 5 days since he's known.

For my ex, acceptance has never kicked in and it is 5 years later with 2 kids..but he has mental health issues which is a different story..
May 27th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Veteran
doesn't know hopefully will never know.
June 1st, 2011, 12:59 PM
My baby does not have a father.
June 3rd, 2011, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraWonder View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpgrl8 View Post
For my ex, acceptance has never kicked in and it is 5 years later with 2 kids..but he has mental health issues which is a different story..
Well, it's been a month now since we've known. We talked about abortion - He's always been against it but thought it would be the easiest thing in this case but this is probably my only chance to ever have children (age and I could have sworn I had fertility issues) and he thinks it's a personal decision. I'm generally against it as well; but would have seriously considered had he asked me to.

I'm just short of 10 weeks pregnant and planning to go this alone at this point. I suppose by the time the little fuzzball is old enough to ask I'll have figured out something to explain why daddy-o wasn't able to be around if it ever comes up. In the meantime it has me feeling a little angry and sad and let down.
June 5th, 2011, 08:32 PM
mom 2 Caden & Jordynn
once I told him, he quit talking to me. This is my DH mind you, but we've been separated for 2 1/2 years. We have two children together ages 8 and 4. He flat out told me he doesn't want this baby and he doesn't think I should have it. I told him ending the pregnancy was not an option. He hasn't really spoken to me since. It's crazy. He's moved on, but we were obviously still messing around. He was very supportive of our other two children, and it's really hard for me to get used to the idea of going at this alone. I guess I have to do what I have to do. I still haven't told anyone except my sister about this pregnancy, I am having a really hard time with it all.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

June 10th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Wow.. Most of the reactions were positive! I just hope my father reacted that way when my mom was pregnant but it was different.
June 15th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Good luck, ohmyzebra!! I feel your pain but you will feel a lot better when you get it off your chest! It took two to tango and you shouldn't have to bear the knowledge alone.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search