How did the father react?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 9th, 2012, 05:16 PM
I was on birth control pill...and by the time my period was 3 weeks late, my bf and i were at each other's throat.

He was stressing because he had just got a brand new job close to were I lived and was about to move an hour away and into my place...

And suddenly I became EXTREMELY hormonal and took it all out on him.

So I went home after a huge argument.... and knew I haven't been acting right in the head...so went and bought a home pregnancy test...

But I didn't want him to continue on as plan just because I was pregnant...

So I apologized for the way I've been acting (ie. Getting extremely jealous and actually crying because there happened to be girls in bikini on a reality show... lol)

His response was... you love me for my good and bad sides, so it's only right I love you for yours.

So I told him... in that case... I have to tell you something.

"You're pregnant?"
"Yes... how did you know?"
"*** how did that happen? Weren't you taking the pills?"
"Uh Duh! You know I'm not ready to be a mom!"
~Silence for a minute~
"Well, this baby is 50% mine, so I'm in it 150%"

He moved in, and as each day went on, he became more and more excited, even more than me, and even started to talk to my tummy despite how early along I was... He even picked a name, and bought a crib and even little shoes for his soon to be "son."

He cried when he saw the baby's heart beating for the first time....

And despite my protesting about how I didn't want to tell people the news until after my 12th week, he told everyone who would listen that he was having a baby!

And a week later, he became upset and angry and cried like he's never cried when I miscarried....

I just knew I wanted a baby by this man...

So he slipped a ring on my finger and a month and a half later, I fell pregnant again...

And again, right now, we're having complications with this pregnancy already too... so even though he's excited I'm pregnant again, he's being realistic about it, respecting my wish not to tell people, and he says come Monday, if we find out that this pregnancy is non viable like the OB suspects, he doesnt care how many times we have to try, we will be having a baby...and in the meantime, he'll get me a puppy so we can raise together just in case we wont be having a baby to raise anytime soon....
June 28th, 2012, 12:46 PM
GiaTortilla's Avatar FTM to a princess
Honestly, I feel bad I avoided my boyfriend when I found out, because I just didn't know how. But when he came over and was basically like "wth, why are you not speaking to me?" I spilled the beans and at first he was speechless, like he didn't say anything. But when it sunk in, he didn't freak out like I thought he would. He was very excited actually.

Still is

Gia - young mommy to a beautiful princess and wife to one amazing man.
6.24.10/9.24.12./5.25.13 we're married!
June 29th, 2012, 03:07 AM
He was very happy about it.
July 2nd, 2012, 09:49 PM
With my DD I had broken up with the guy two weeks prior of finding out and when I told him he said "I knew we would get back together" I told him I'm pregnant that doesn't mean I'm getting back together with you which he said "if you don't get back together with me I won't have anything to do with it" She is now 5 and he has never even met her, his choice for this reason.

With this one I told my bf (of about 3 months) and he was speechless at first and then he kept asking if I was joking. Then he started talking about all of us moving in together and he was really cool about it. Now though his true colors are starting to come out. He is treating my DD like she isn't important at all, wanting me to always "dump" her off at my Dad's or he is talking about building on to his house for us since its a one bedroom and he wants us to move in now and even though I tell him it's to small for all of us he keeps insisting and his mom is the same. But they want to buy a Storage shed, put all my DD's toys in the storage shed and make her play in that whenever she wants to play with her things and he also asked me if I thought my Dad would let me borrow his trailer so I could haul all my garbage (all my household items except DD's toys which will go in her storage shed play room) to the dump. I have told him several times we were not moving in with him but he seems to live in a dream land that he ignores what I tell him. Then he has made comments that the baby is more important then DD and has made suggestions that maybe she should spend more time at my Dad's just so she isn't around when at first it was he would treat them both the same. And he also seems to think that just cause I'm pregnant he now owns me and is making stupid demands. Like one of my friends and I wanting to go watch Magic Mike he is mad that I would want to go see it and whenever it's time for my DD and I to go home he demands to know why I'm mad at him and then gets all pouty and goes I don't want you to be mad at me and I go all we are doing is going home because IT"S WHERE WE LIVE!!!!! Then he goes and tells all our friends that I'm mad at him and he doesn't know why blah blah blah just because we went to our own house.

He has become almost like I can't even put into words. It's this combination of a controlling/supportive/pshycho who thinks he doesn't have to worry about anything just because I'm pregnant and as actually told someone when they said he needed to straighten up and act like a decent human all the time that it didn't matter I wouldn't break up with him because I'm pregnant. He's about a week from finding out how false that is.
July 4th, 2012, 06:58 PM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
The first time around we were on the verge on breakup. He was all over the place with it. We DID end up breaking up and our relationship was up and down for a long while. We are now engaged though and things are much better.

This time around he was much more accepting. Fine with it. He knew the chance we took when we didn't use protection. (I had been on the pill but went off the month prior due to side effects. We literally only had unprotected sex once.) We had talked about having another in about a year, but there were other plans in store.

July 6th, 2012, 12:07 PM
You're not selfish. I know you posted that over a year ago. Can I ask what happened? I'm new here.
July 16th, 2012, 03:01 PM
the father of my son was so scared he almost threw up lol he didnt know wat to say or do at all.
July 16th, 2012, 03:19 PM
He said "oh dear", then laughed for about 10 minutes. That was last friday. He's taken to this fatherhood business like a pro, and has proudly told everyone he knows and is organising me by tellig me everything I need to do Maybe he was secretly hoping it would happen soon... I was, but now I'm terrified!!!

I was frightened to tell him because I had a bad experience in the past where I told the father (my ex) and he calmly said "I don't want it". I told him to get out of my life as I wasn't going to subject a child to living with someone who didn't want them. The idea breaks my heart
July 17th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Honestly my boyfriend is more excited than I am. I am happy... but I want to be further along I guess before I feel that "Over the Moon" feeling. He wants to shout it for the rooftops and tell everyone he knows. It's pretty adorable. Him being so excited really helps calm my nerves. He's going to be a great dad.
July 29th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Run_Kat_Run's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Run_Kat_Run
My BF was pretty shaken up, since we were using BC. He seemed to be in shock for the first three days or so, though he did finally break down and have a cry with me. We're both young (21/23), and didn't want kids for another six years or so.

Lately he's been doing little things, like greeting me with a hand on my stomach when we kiss, or asking how I'm feeling every day. Still, every so often he looks at me and just says "what are we going to do?". =\ First u/s is tomorrow, and I'm hoping it helps him feel a little better.

August 1st, 2012, 06:45 AM
He just sat that quietly and said Yeah? I was really overwhelmed because this is the first time I have ever been pregnant so I started to cry. He is concerned because this is such a new relationship and the timing is bad because we wanted to get to know each other better but it is what it is at this point.
August 2nd, 2012, 12:54 AM
.:Kati:.'s Avatar kyler's mommy
He was overly excited within 15mins of finding out he was on the phone with ALL of his family members telling them the news. I was the one in shock.

August 5th, 2012, 07:40 PM
he was not happy! "I thought you were on bc!!??" even tho i told him earlier this month that the pharmacy i was using went out of business and failed to notify me! (jerks!!) sometimes talking to men can be like talking to a wall thankfully i saved the text message i sent him about the pharmacy and that i couldnt get an apt w/my dr until aug 1 so now that ive taken a hpt and its pos. twice he is soooooo upset and i feel like hes making it out to be my fault. im trying not to let it stress me out. we have been together for 8 years and he has three kids but i have none... so screw that I AM EXCITED!!!!
August 10th, 2012, 10:07 AM
I was so nervous to tell my boyfriend that it took me over 40 mins to actually say it! lol he kept saying, "come one just tell me what's wrong already!" lol He was really surprised and was quite the rest of the night but the next day he told me to keep it (I wanted an abortion) and he has been so supportive! He's not freaking out at all, he's excited to be a dad, but I'm a nervous wreak lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search