How did the father react?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2010, 09:25 AM
rugby_girl's Avatar <3 my boy :)
Send a message via AIM to rugby_girl
How did the father of the baby react when he found out you were pregnant?

My baby's father was alll over the place. still is.

Jaime, single mommy to Austin (2/8/11)

November 28th, 2010, 11:03 PM
Hey, my girls father was over the moon, i was unsure and considering not having the baby but he told me to have it and that we would be a family.. he left about 2months ago after cheating on me and just last week we had our first contact.. hoping he will be there for his daughter when she comes!
November 29th, 2010, 08:36 AM
DramaFreeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My boyfriend was i think as shocked as me when we first saw the hpt. But then he was excited and has been for a while now...especially since finding out it was a boy.

Cece

Thank You Sharon for my beautiful siggy!

November 29th, 2010, 10:20 AM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
He was not excited... & although he's been good, & has lots of potential to be a good father - he still slacks majorly.
January 17th, 2011, 08:38 AM
singlesammy's Avatar Veteran
He was upset and insisted on fighting for custody
January 17th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Mom to minions's Avatar Super Mommy
BF was way to excited. Said just because I am pregnant he will not marry me (not that I would allow him to for that reason) but he said that does nto mean it is not in the future. lol We are both older and he has cerebral palsy. He has 2 degrees and a good job, but still he has never had luck with women looking past his disability. So maybe that is part of it. It does not bug me one bit. None the less, I was the scared and upset one.
January 17th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He was very happy about it. I was the unsure one!

January 18th, 2011, 07:57 AM
~Angela~'s Avatar Mommy to 3
Angry but supportive.
January 18th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
He was rather shocked when I first told him. I was expecting anger from him but I never got any. He took about 30 mins to get his head together and chain smoke, he came back getting more and more excited. He has been completely on board since then. I think I was making him upset when I would mention termination. He was adament that we were gonna keep this baby (as long as we didnt miscarry).

I was (and still am a little) very unsure about this.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

February 27th, 2011, 10:52 PM
Newbie here..

The father didn't respond too favorably. He wants an abortion because he's young (23, will be 24 a month after the baby would be born). He says he isn't ready to give up his independent lifestyle. By that he means, just picking up and being able to go out..no sitters, etc...just him and I. Also, our relationship is rocky but we are actively working on it. We've been together for 6 years total. So that's another reason..he doesn't want to bring a kid into a rocky relationship.

I'm still on edge about the abortion thing and he knows it. However, it seems we are still moving forward with it. He says if I have the baby, he will man up to his obligations, but that it would cause a giant rift in our relationship because he doesn't want it. That's hard to deal with.

To be honest, we both have stable jobs, although we aren't in our home country. That causes issues because we have very little/no support here. Our family is thousands of miles back home. I would get maternity leave through my company and we both have insurance. Not to mention we also get a subsidy back for basically the entire cost of the birth. So..from a financial standpoint..yes, it COULD be kind of rough, but people have lived off of worse.

Wow, this turned out to be a giant rant.
February 28th, 2011, 09:20 AM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He laughed, thought I was joking, and didnt believe me haha. He made me take another test in front of him so he could see. Then he asked me what I wanted to do, I said keep it, he said, "well, alright.. lets go talk to my aunt" (his aunt used to be a baby nurse)

He's been very supportive although still has some growing up to do.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

February 28th, 2011, 12:39 PM
jessalynn's Avatar Veteran
i was unsure, he was hella excited I think I'm warming up to it! We are gonna get married in one year.
March 1st, 2011, 07:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
With all of them, he was shocked, but didn't freak out what so ever. He really was/is my rock through all of my 4 surprise babies (and 1 planned)
March 2nd, 2011, 10:32 AM
Ashley11
Umm, he was slightly scared, but for the most part extremely supportive. I knew he wanted to jump for joy but when he saw I was so upset and afraid he didn't. . .he just sat and held me while I was crying. . .
March 4th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Kaitlynerin's Avatar Regular
He was more excited than I ever thought he would be. I was the one crying telling him because i thought he would be upset, but from the second i told him he was supportive and happy. He cant stop talking about the baby already (at 5 weeks) and is trying to do everything he can to get a better job so I can stay home. I am truly lucky to have him be so excited, it has helped me a lot and to see him like this makes me happier than ever because i know he will be a great dad. I dont know what i would have done or how i would feel if he was the opposite, i feel so much for you all that have unsupporitive partners.
March 19th, 2011, 02:24 AM
We're both EXCITED!!!
March 19th, 2011, 11:54 AM
..Kathie..'s Avatar Regular
Shocked, scared, shocked, scared, shocked, scared. He's finally turning the corner of reality and participating. I caught him smiling at our first ultrasound picture last week.
mykesmomma likes this.
April 2nd, 2011, 12:29 PM
won't know till i find out tonight! haha im nervous !!!
April 3rd, 2011, 07:31 AM
Super Mommy
I was the scared one to tell him because we (well he) already has two boys ages 10 and 2 and our 10 year old hates his little brother so i was actually very scared and worried how both were going to react. I was by myself at our place for a few days when I tested and found out. We had dinner at his (bf) mom's on a saturday night and before we went and sat as a family I pulled him into a bedroom and told him. Having more kids was something he and I never talked about so going into this I had no clue how he would feel so I was shaking so badly I couldn't talk (now I know how men feel during a proposal) but he asked if I was sure and then we both started crying. So he's happy and now keeps talking about baby and telling everyone we have another one on the way (this is my first tho).

April 4th, 2011, 09:09 PM
SunLover's Avatar Sheryl
Wow. Honestly, my husband was pretty upset at first (so was I as we were done having kids). He actually wanted me to get an abortion, but I said no way in he11 which made him mad, too. It was a scary first week, but things quickly smoothed out and we are definitely happy about it now and can't wait to meet our baby girl in 5 weeks!!

Amy, Eric, & Lauren

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search