Will you tell your child?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2010, 08:04 PM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
I don't know, this thought just came to me earlier... will you tell your child that he/she was unplanned? Do you think it will even come up if you don't bring it up?

I honestly haven't a clue... sure, if she asks, I'm not going to lie! But, I don't know if I'd bring it up... clearly, she'll know that at 17 I wasn't planning... I think? lol.
December 6th, 2010, 06:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Even in pregnancy, the baby is always to be refered to as the surprise baby, never the oops baby!

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

December 6th, 2010, 06:46 AM
DramaFreeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If he asks when he is young, i will tell him was a surprise baby If he is older and wants to know the details of his conception, i will just let hin know he was unplanned but wanted by me and his daddy from day 1.

I just hope he waits longer than me before he has his first.

Cece

Thank You Sharon for my beautiful siggy!

December 6th, 2010, 03:29 PM
rugby_girl's Avatar <3 my boy :)
Send a message via AIM to rugby_girl
i think he will just know because his father wont be around.

Jaime, single mommy to Austin (2/8/11)

December 13th, 2010, 07:21 AM
alyashlyn's Avatar Veteran
I think it depends on the situation. I got pregnant with my first when I was 17 and then again with my second at 18. They are now 11 - 12 in January and 10 - 11March. So I have been very honest with them that they were planned but just not for several years later. I mostly want them to understand the trials of being a teen mom or just unprepared for motherhood in general. I stress to them that I love them very much and am very happy to have them but being irresponsable and having children so young took away a lot of things I wanted to do with my life - such as going into the Air Force. It has also made it difficult to provide them with everything they deserve.
But then again it really depends on the child both of my girls are mature and understanding so they get where I'm coming from and I waited until just recently to talk to them about - also they're not stupid they know I'm much younger than their friends mom's so when they started asking questions I was completely honest with them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search