Do you have enough room for the baby?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2010, 03:42 PM
DramaFreeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know that's one of the biggest problems i am dealing with right now. We are cramped in a one bedroom apartment and we are going to have to move a lot of our stuff to storage in order to make room for the baby. He is going to sleep in the pack n play bassinet in our room until we move and he can have his own room with a crib.

For those of you who are pregnant now (or were pregnant recently), is space an issue when it comes to this unplanned pregnancy? How are you dealing with the new addition?

Cece

Thank You Sharon for my beautiful siggy!

December 14th, 2010, 04:50 PM
rugby_girl's Avatar <3 my boy :)
Send a message via AIM to rugby_girl
im back at my parents house, so little man and I get to share a bedroom. He has stuff in every room of this house lol.

I feel like theres no room left in my stomach for him either! lol

Jaime, single mommy to Austin (2/8/11)

December 14th, 2010, 07:09 PM
DramaFreeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugby_girl View Post
im back at my parents house, so little man and I get to share a bedroom. He has stuff in every room of this house lol.

I feel like theres no room left in my stomach for him either! lol
I'm definitely starting to find out what that feels like

Cece

Thank You Sharon for my beautiful siggy!

December 15th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am lucky. I had bought a 3 bedroom house last year, and one of the extra rooms is just full of junk. so we are gonna move it all this xmas and start getting a room done for the baby.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

December 16th, 2010, 11:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We're in a 3 bdrm townhouse, with 4 kids, DH &I, a big dog & 2 cats. We ran out of room a LONG time ago lol.
My oldest son(4) shares a room with my youngest son(19 months), my middle son has his own room and the baby sleeps in our room in the pack & play.
December 17th, 2010, 07:25 AM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
When I had Mikayla, I was living with my ex & his family (4 of us), in a 2 bedroom. Me & him shared a bedroom, & had Mikayla's crib & the majority of her stuff in there. It was cramped, but managable.

My sister lives in a 3 bedrom two-floor apartment, & her & her BF share a bedroom with the baby's crib in it, her 2 boys (3.5 & 2.5) have their own room, but share it with her BF's son (6) every second weekend. & then his two girls share a room (8 & 4) on that weekend as well.

Kids definitely make it cramped wherever you are With all their toys & clothes, I think it's almost impossible to escape clutter lol.
January 2nd, 2011, 06:38 PM
Holdens Mommy <3
I live at home with my mom and 2 little brothers, in a tiny 3 bedroom house so me and my son only have 1 room. Its cramped and I wish for more space all the time but we're making it work. I just know I cant buy huge toys for him right now and I try to keep everything as organized as possible. You'll make it work!
January 2nd, 2011, 08:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yup, i live in a 3 bedroom house so the boys share a room and this baby will have to share a room with her sister when she gets a little older if we havent got our own house by then. Right now she is in our room

January 5th, 2011, 06:13 AM
Mom to minions's Avatar Super Mommy
I think not enough room more has to do with how people perceive things. In other countries, they have more people in smaller spaces.

Anyway, I now have 3 little ones (3.5, 2.3, and 16 months) in a 2 bedroom apt. Everyone sleeps in a bed. I have a bunk with trundle. So that saves on room. Also I don't go overboard with the toys. It isn't that bad. I keep the clutter down and do not have more furniture than I really need.

IDK where we will be when this baby is born. Maybe BF and I will take the next step and move in together later in pregnancy, maybe not. I do not want to rush things. If not, then I will stay where I am and baby and I will share my room.
January 9th, 2011, 12:21 AM
peace.love.audrey
Right now I live in a 1 bedroom apt with my DD and that won't be changing for 2 years. I plan on keeping my DD in her crib until the end of this year and the new baby with sleep in a pack n play for a few months. My DD will then go to a toddler bed or my bed. It will be crowded but we will make it work.
February 3rd, 2011, 11:13 AM
We weren't planning on starting a family but God decided otherwise. we had to get a storage unit to make room for the twins. and that's that we are still moving things around and hiding things throughout the apartment to make it as comfortable as we can. It sure isn't easy.
February 3rd, 2011, 02:26 PM
I live with my boyfriends family, we have the master bedroom, but im still really worried about not having enough space. I was hoping we would be gettin our own place soon, but neither of have jobs.
February 3rd, 2011, 03:49 PM
Super Mommy
I too live in a 1BR apt. Living room is huge but the bedroom isn't that huge since it has a huge walk-in closet. Can't afford to rent a 2BR apt since I'm self-employed and barely make enough to pay the bills as it is right now.
February 19th, 2011, 11:35 PM
2014 Offshoremama78's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Currently living in SO fathers house while he goes to school for CAD. So it will be cramped, Mini crib to the rescue... Till we can get out on our own..

My Ovulation Chart

Soy Iso Believer
ACM conceived with Soy Iso On 07/04/13
Currently (10/2014) TTC With SI, SMEP, BBT, CM, CP, and OPK

Alexander Cameron Murphy
02/27/2014 - 02/27/2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search