Oy Vey! I should live in this board!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 20th, 2010, 06:46 AM
LolaRennt.'s Avatar Run, Lola, Run
Send a message via MSN to LolaRennt.
I just really need support right now as I am feeling quite alone. I only just found out that I'm pregnant yesterday. I have a 7 month old, and I have had my period a couple of months but it was a little out of whack so I didn't suspect anything. But honestly, it was partly denial. Not going to get into it, I went out to have time on my own for the first time since having my son and I made a stupid drunken mistake. Now, I'm pregnant. I am a single Mother, my DS's Father is not involved as he is way to self involved. I just don't know what to, or rather how to go about it. I will be keeping this baby, the other options are not up for debate with me. I just feel so lost and anxious about how I will handle with two so close in age. I'm not sure about my exact EDD, but I know for sure that I am due in July. I'm estimating that i'm probably around 10-11 weeks. Most likely around mid-july.

Sorry for the rant yall. Just needed to get it off my chest. I'm trying to be excited and happy, but it's just being drowned out with worry.

The name is Lola BTW, and I'm 19.
December 20th, 2010, 07:01 AM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
Hi & welcome It's definitely understandable that you're worried hun, anyone in your situation would be. Personally, I haven't been there - but my sister has. She had her first son at 20, her second at 21 ( I think lol), & they're 11 months apart. Honestly, she LOVES having them so close in age. They're 3.5 & 2.5 now, & although it was hard at first, she adjusted & the two of them are best friends.

I had my DD when I was 17, so I can understand your perspective as a young parent. I'm also a single mom & full time student, so I know it's rough! But if you love your babies, anything & everything is possible, & I'm sure you'll make it through

Do you have any support from your family?
December 20th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Thank you for that. I really am needing to hear some positive words right now. I have a cousin who also has two really close in age and she loves it. I'm trying to think about in the long run how happy I will be. Don't get me wrong, I do love this baby, I am just so worried with money and how I will have to take some time off work. I do have support from my family, they will babysit occasionally and what not. However, they do like me to "work through things myself", understandable, but of course there are times when I just want support.

I must say, that is so awesome you are studying. I'm hoping to go into nursing sometime in the future, probably years from now though.
December 20th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know exactly how you feel. My first son was only 7 months when I found out I was pregnant with my second son. I hated myself for a long time, I was not happy about it at all, but the second my baby was born I was inlove & I felt guilty (and still do) for being so angry instead of going with the flow.
Needless to say, he was 9 months old when I found out I was pregnant with my third son, and my youngest son was 6 months old when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter. Between my oldest son & my daughter, is less than 4 years. (She was born 11 days before my oldest turned 4)

It a very difficult thing to go through, but my kids are best friends and they get along so well, because they're into the same things, so its like a permanent play date at my house! Once the shock wears off you'll come around. Just take a deep breath and tell yourself there is a reason you are going to be blessed with 2 so close in age.
Feel free to join us in Closesly Spaced Siblings.
December 20th, 2010, 01:28 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

First off It will be alright. Having 2 close in age might sound hard but you are already in the stage of diapers and all it will be 2nd nature.

I am sure the girls here will be great support

Good Luck

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

December 20th, 2010, 05:47 PM
(((((Hugs))))) I feel you. You will be ok. I always say everything happens for a reason and you sound like a strong person and I think you will be ok. Like the pp's said they will be in the same stages at the same time.
I had my first by myself at 23 without the father, we were together for seven years before her. Then I met a guy got married, thought everything was good so we decided to have a baby which is my second daughter. We've been separated for over year and half, met a guy and dated for a while before we had sex. One night with a condom and here I am 7 weeks preg. Alone again with third baby daddy. I feel like crap as well. But I know we can make it. Somehow.
Hang in there, if you need to talk we are all here. And sorry about my long story. Just letting you know you are not alone.
December 20th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Thank you so much. You all seem like such strong women, you all must be fantastic parents. I will need some time to come to terms with it. I just have so many emotions I am somewhat happy, but it is just so overshadowed by worry and what not.

I'll defintately take a look at the board suggested, thank you!

Thanks for the siggie JMC1988!

December 21st, 2010, 05:45 AM
DramaFreeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
HI and

I see most of the girls here have already gave some great advice. Everyone here is very helpful and understanding. I think we have all been through that shock and worry at first and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I know for sure i was. I thought the world was coming down on me and i just couldn't even begin to think about what i was going to do...but fast forward to 3 months before my due date and i couldn't be more excited (with the occasional worry still here and there)

My younger siblings are spaced less than a year apart. I helped raise them (my mother was constantly absent and i'm the oldest). They were hard at first but after a while, i think it was much easier than kids spaced farther apart. They play together and keep each other entertained.

As long as you make a plan and don't be afraid to ask for help, i think you will be just fine. I hope you stick around and keep us updated on your progress

Cece

Thank You Sharon for my beautiful siggy!

December 29th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My daughter was 6.5 mo's old when I found out I was expecting my son. I was in total shock! And I was married and a SAHM.. so I understand the part where your wondering how your going to manage the two so close in age. Now, my daughter is 4 and my son just turned 3. They are SO close! They don't remember life without the other. There is no "sibling rivalry" or jealousy over the oldest or the baby getting babied. In reality, they act more like twins than anything else. I see it as one of God's unexpected blessings. I never wanted my kids close together. lol I had a plan! 3 years apart.... but now, I see the wisdom in what he did. Wyatt is an amazing blessing to our family. I couldn't have planned it better myself. Go figure huh? It'll work out. It always does! Try and enjoy this pregnancy. I didn't, and I still have alot of guilt over that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search