I Need Your Help Girls!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2005, 10:04 PM
Veteran
I already posted this in the Teen Pregnancy Forum

Hi. I'm Kim and I'm 18 and pregnant with twins. I'm also a freshman in college and studying Journalism and Film. For my class I have to write a feature story and I thought a good topic to do would be teen or unplanned pregnancy since I'm going through it and know what it feels like. But I need your help. If anyone would like to help me out with putting it together I would like to know your stories, whether you're pregnant now or whether you've already given birth. How are you dealing with it? Did the father stick by you? What changes do you have to make in your daily life? Because I'm 18 and pregnant I think that the reason it's so difficult for young mothers to raise children is because the world makes it this way for us by not giving free daycare and things like that and making it sometimes difficult to get aid. And as far as young mothers being unsuccessful, I think that girls who drop out of school or don't succeed in whatever it is they want would do it anyway, whether or not they became pregnant. If you're motivated enough you can accomplish anything. Another thing I want to talk about is abortion. I was pressured by everyone around me to get one. I even went so far as to schedule an appointment at the clinic but I just couldn't go through with it. As a Catholic I think it's wrong, but at the same time, I've always felt that women should have the right to choose because not everyone shares my beliefs and I shouldn't force them on people. However, now that I'm pregnant I wonder if the fact that abortion is legal and available causes many girls to go through with it and regret it, whether because they've been pressured or because it's an easy fix. So if you could share with me your stories and your opinions on these things and include your age and what area of the country you're from I'd really appreciate it. Just respond to this post or email me at angl3535@aol.com.

March 29th, 2005, 05:34 AM
1proudmom2kalli
Hi Kim. I'm Krystle and I'm 19 and pregnant with my first, a little girl I am naming Kallista Anne. I am in a 2 year school and I'm about 1/2 way through it. I would've finished in April, but I'm taking a quarter off to give birth to my little darling in August. I've been with the BD, who is also my SO, for 3.5 almost 4 years, and we're planning on getting married AT SOME POINT, but no rush! So yes, he did stick by me. He's really nervous and scared about the whole thing, but he's going to be a great dad, and an even better husband and labor coach!
How am I dealing with the pregnancy? I've had to put my plans for college on hold for 3 months, but other than that, everything is still the same. I've been at my job since October '03, and so I'm eligible for maternity leave. When that's up I am thinking about being a stay-at-home-mom. My SO and I are buying a house sometime between now and when the baby comes, and my mother is going to come live w/ us to help us with the bills and the baby. So I am anxious to get started on my motherhood!
I plan on taking off of school from July-October, and then going back in October, which means instead of graduating in April I will graduate in July, so no big deal there.
If there's anything else that you want to know, just let me know.
As far as young mothers being unsuccessful, I don't know about that. I think that the reason that people say that is because they don't want to believe that young mothers can make it. But back in the old days people got married at like 13 and had kids, so I don't really see what all the fuss is over teen pregnancy. I know most teen pregnancies are NOT planned, so it's not like you plan to put yourself out there like that. It just happens, and when it does you try to deal the best you can. I plan to be very successful. I have to be... for myself and my child.

Well, I hope that helps. If you want to talk further, e-mail me at kryzif@gmail.com.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search