Are you keeping your prgnancy a secret from anyone?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2011, 08:08 PM
DramaFreeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm almost 8 months pregnant and i haven't told anyone besides family and 3 friends that i am pregnant. I plan on waiting till 9 months to announce it on facebook.

I guess i am embarrassed. I know i shouldn't be but it is hard because i know everyone who knew me from school and such wouldn't expect me to be pregnant. I should be in school and on my way to a career like most of my peers. It's just hard for me to admit that i made a "mistake" or failed to meet everyone's expectations..

Is anyone at all dealing with the same situation?

Cece

Thank You Sharon for my beautiful siggy!

January 6th, 2011, 02:45 AM
Mom to minions's Avatar Super Mommy
Yes and no. I have not told my family and I wont for as long as I can. It will be a huge issue that I have young ones, just got a divorce, and am pregnant and not married. HUGE issue. Not to mention I am a high risk pregnancy. So I have to stop school because I need to be able to work with the limited activity I will be allowed. It was not planned and we were using birth control.

*hugs* Keep your chin up. Things happen and normally the worst part is family. If others comment just say you wanted to start your family sooner rather than later.
January 6th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't told anyone yet besides my DH and the ladies here.
His family is very dramatic and while they will be excited they will be overly so. I kinda feel like I just got them out of my hair about our wedding and I'm just not excited to invite them back in so soon.
I don't have any family but my friends I'm sure will be suportive but only one of them has a child so I'm kinda alone on the whole baby thing.

January 6th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Ashley11
I've told everybody possible. There isn't a person who doesn't know. . .
January 7th, 2011, 06:34 AM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
I didn't really have a big social circle, so I only told my family. If I was to see someone that I went to school with (before I dropped out, which was also an embarrassment), I wouldn't say anything, or I'd walk the other way. But if I was with my sister, & she knew them as well, then SHE would - she was the big advocater of my pregnancy lol.
January 7th, 2011, 09:11 AM
MissChryssie:)'s Avatar Katheryns' Mommie ♥
Thankfully, I was already out of high school when I found out I was pregnant. I was terrified, I barely let everyone know on facebook about a week ago. I'm at 6 months, and in high school absolutely no one expected me to get pregnant. Actually, in high school, people were starting rumors that I was some floosy, and that I had a baby in secret. Stupid people, but that was one of the main reasons why I kept it a secret. Shame, because I'm 21, and am going to be a single mom come April.
January 8th, 2011, 08:13 AM
DramaFreeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks girls for letting me know i'm not alone. It is my high school classmates and teachers that i think i am most worried about. Even though i graduated years ago (like you miss chryssie), i just don't think anyone expected me to get pregnant this soon. I think everyone expected "big things " from me and hearing about my pregnancy may disappoint some people. I don't want to let anyone down.

But no matter what, it was my choice to have this baby and i don't think anyone could have changed my mind about it. If i end up letting some people down or if they turn their nose up at me, i still don't regret my decision

Cece

Thank You Sharon for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search