Whats your situation?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2011, 06:03 AM
ohbaby37's Avatar mom of 4, 1 on the way
are you alone? married? bf? family? i am completely alone. except my children. my family, forget it. bf. forget it. so am i the only one?
January 26th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Veteran
i am single with 2 kids who i financially support alone. their father, my family and their father's family are heavily involved with their upbringing and day-to-day activities...in fact, they are the only grandkids on both sides.
January 26th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am expecting my first baby with my bf. He has been completely on board with this (right from the day I told him about our surprise). My parents are both deceased. I have a sister about 3 hours away and a brother about 15 hours away who are supportive.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

January 26th, 2011, 12:54 PM
~Angela~'s Avatar Mommy to 3
I am married, and 3 kids. My family doesn't know anything, I don't see them very often. Concerned about when this baby comes. DH is usually traveling for work 4 nights a week, and my closest relative (my sister) lives 45 minutes away, with no way to pick up my kids (has a small car which just barely fits her 2 boys carseats). I'd have to drive in labor 45 minutes to have her watch my kids (which is where the hospital is anyway) if DH is away
January 26th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Super Mommy
I moved to the state I live in currently about 4 years ago and have very few friends here and no female friends at all. Most of my friends and my sister are about 1500 miles away. The only person I have is my on again off again boyfriend, who alternates between being supportive and not wanting me to say the P word at all.

What is weird though is that he will talk about me being preggers to people he doesn't know well but will barely discuss it with me. He told me today that he had a whole entire convo with a recruiter today and even told this random recruiter that he was fearful about the pregnancy b/c I didn't find out until I was about 4 weeks or so (meaning only 2 weeks or so) and he's worried about the fact that we drank so much on our vacation earlier this month. The guy told him not to worry - that both of his kids are healthy and that neither of them were planned.
January 27th, 2011, 07:12 AM
~Angela~'s Avatar Mommy to 3
It sounds like he is scared about the pregnancy but doesn't want to express his fears to you?
January 27th, 2011, 08:52 AM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
I'm a single mother - have been for a long time. I have one daughter, she's 5. I wouldn't say I'm "alone", I have a very supportive family. My sister lives close by, & we actually just stayed over 3 nights straight (she has 3 boys, 4, 3 & 7 weeks). My mom helps when she can financially, but is my life line emotionally, have no idea where I'd be w.o her!! & then my ex's mother & grandmother ADORE my DD, & buy her pretty much all the clothes she needs, plus take her at least once a week or so!

& my ex, as much as we don't get along, is there to help. He takes her every Saturday ( although sometimes that doesn't happen ), & loves her a lot... but he also has a girlfriend & a new baby, so I give him a bit of props for still even bothering with our child. (not that he deserves it, but if you knew him, you'd get what I'm saying).

So, that's my novel!!
January 28th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Ashley11
I am expecting my first in April, and I have a boyfriend he is the father of the baby, I love him to death. . .but I'm not sure if we will marry.
January 28th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm married and this is baby #1. Dh has lots of family and we both have lots of friends. My family is deceased or desoloved.

January 29th, 2011, 09:00 AM
msmack: it sounds as tho our situations are parallel. gl to you! if u ever need to talk, i am a great listener. =)
January 30th, 2011, 08:39 PM
DramaFreeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm expecting my first in march (but i have a feeling he is coming sooner), and i am with the babies father, my bf. I have the support of his family and my grandparents and aunt have been supportive. My parents have not but i'm used to living without it.

Cece

Thank You Sharon for my beautiful siggy!

January 31st, 2011, 05:10 PM
thats good that you have some support. hopefully your parents come around. why do you think the baby is coming sooner than EDD?
February 1st, 2011, 10:59 PM
My situation was a total surprise. I grew up one of those kids who saw tons of people having unplanned pregnancies all around me and swore I would never be like that. I never meant it in a judging way, just I knew I was unplanned and I knew how much my mom hated not being able to give me all the things in the world because she was 19 when she got pregnant. I'm twenty and found out I was pregnant at the end of December. My boyfriend and I had only been together about a month and I was completely and totally shocked. I was inbetween birth control and was just careless at the right time. I was kind of torn between excitement and depression. I've always wanted to be a mom so I was happy, but I just turned 21 this month and had so much more I wanted to do before taking on this responsibility. Despite my efforts I still get down about it sometimes, but my boyfriend is so supportive of our situation, we actually went to high school together and have been friends for many many years and finally were both single at the same time and decided to give things a try. Sometimes I think he is more excited than I can ever hope to be. I'm just scared. I don't wanna be a bad mom, and I don't wanna disappoint him (we had genetic testing done, its a boy!) and just a million different things running through my mind. I am incredibly excited though and can't wait to meet him. I know its going to be difficult but my mom and boyfriend are the most supportive people I could ever ask for and there is no way I would be able to do this without them
February 2nd, 2011, 09:09 AM
Im excepting my first. Im almost 8 weeks pregnant by my bf that i have only been datin for a little over 4 months... He is supportive but neither of us have jobs... and neither of our families are in the position to be helping us out.
February 8th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Well, my situation is this: I have a son named Simeon, he has an awesome wonderful dad that I dated from highschool til age 26. Then at age 29 I met some jerk at work that was way younger than me....ok, well he was 20. We breifly dated, he dumped me when I wouldnt have an abortion. Along comes my princess love Zoie, she is my dream babygirl, she is amazing. Her big brother loves her dearly! I was single and pregnant, very depressing. Along comes DH. My family does not know we are married...lol it was a courthouse thing after the bfp news (wedding date is set for Oct. 29th lol) His name is Jason. I was so in love when we decided it would be better if he moved in in order to save more money for this huge lavish, you only get one, wedding day a month after he moved in...Oops, no period (I am never late) so same day that I missed a period I anxiously took an hpt. It was positive. I became depressed...he still suffers from the backlash lol. He is over the moon happy. It took a while for me to come around to going from looking at and planning wedding stuff to looking at cribs and carseats.

We are having a girl. Her name is Ava Skye. I love her.
February 8th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I didnt realize Ava was a surprise Demetria. It makes me feel better to know I am not the only one in our DDC who wasnt planning on their baby (And I am happy ohbaby37 joined us there too!).

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

February 9th, 2011, 05:51 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Yup she sure was a surprise lol. I had even taken the morning after pill! But of course that plan was a super failure lol and I am so glad that it was now that she is growing and such
February 9th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demetria View Post
Yup she sure was a surprise lol. I had even taken the morning after pill! But of course that plan was a super failure lol and I am so glad that it was now that she is growing and such
wow, she was meant to be!!! I think my ex is starting to come around. IDK...could just be a ploy...
February 9th, 2011, 12:53 PM
hmm our situation.....

Well Jenny and I first met when I was in 6th grade, she was in 7th and baby sitting my little sisters friend. We met again through a mutual friend two years later, dated for a couple years and then I had to go away for a couple years. I came back and we dated again for a couple years, and I went away again, came back to Kansas City eight years later and we ended up meeting again, and have a beautiful daughter and another on the way.

Its weird looking back, that no matter what happened, where trouble took me, that I always ended up coming back in touch with her and her me. So I've settled down, put down my troublesome ways and growing into the suburban dad/husband figure I should have been a long long time ago.
March 17th, 2011, 11:03 AM
I am a single mom. I have a 3 year old daughter. And I just put myself in a horrible situation. I had unprotected sex with someone on Feb 27, then with someone else on march 3rd. (LMP feb 15) and I took a test on the 12th, and it was positive. I even took the morning after pill after both guys!!! I cant believe it didnt work. Now I am driving myself Crazy trying to figure out whose it is. I have an ultrasound on the 28th to figure out the conception date, I hope it can pinpoint whos it is. Idk, it may be too close to tell. I thought the morning after pill would work. I am so disappointed. I hope its my ex's baby (the one who I was with on march 3rd) if I had to chose. I just dont want the other guys baby. I know I messed up, now im not sure what to do. Any advice??? Anyone think its my ex's? or the other guys? Even guesses would help right now. Thanks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search