Those that go PG on the pill

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2005, 04:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ok, this may sound REALLY ODD...

But were you late taking any pills, if so by how much.

I was late taking a pill by 13 hours [had sex that day unprotected, except the pill]. Now BF is rubbing my tummy saying, "hi babbby [dragging it], we can't wait to see you."

The insert specifically says, take the pill as soon as you remember, and take the next one as scedualed. You don't need to use another form of protection. We have anyways.

I'm just wondering who else has gotten PG on the pill, while being late taking it. I know some have gotten PG well taking it correct, without missing as well. I'm just wondering
March 30th, 2005, 06:39 PM
JGoldinger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JGoldinger Send a message via MSN to JGoldinger Send a message via Yahoo to JGoldinger
I was on the pill and using a condom... how does that make you feel now....

<div align="center"></div>
March 31st, 2005, 05:32 AM
1proudmom2kalli
I was on the patch (no forgetting there) and condoms....

Do you think you could be pregnant?
March 31st, 2005, 06:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom2B*L*T
I was on the pill... and I missed one pill. Which the instructions say is okay.. just continue the rest of them and you don't need another form of BC. Well, I think they are wrong about that!

<div align='center'></div>Siggy made by dettmer26- thank you!</div>
March 31st, 2005, 06:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, THANK GOD, we are being EXTRA careful, havn't done anything for 2 days now, I think.

I think I should be ok. I've never missed a pill before. Not to say, that the one time I do it backfires.

We'll see though. I'm due for AF, April 1st.

we just had unprotected sex, the day I missed the pill, and condoms the next 2 days [with the pill], then nothing the past 2 days. Hey, If I am then baby fever, can leave me alone, and I think i'd be due near my youngest brother's b-day We need more dec-jan babies in my family [we are all sept/oct, I swear my mom and her siblings planned it that way!]

Am I being abnormally calm? I feel like I am. Don't most people freak out? Ok, I swear I am so freakin' wierd.
March 31st, 2005, 07:50 AM
angied's Avatar Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Fallen2Love@Mar 30 2005, 07:59 PM
But were you late taking any pills, if so by how much.*

I was late taking a pill by 13 hours [had sex that day unprotected, except the pill].* Now BF is rubbing my tummy saying, "hi babbby [dragging it], we can't wait to see you."
If I got pregnant because I was late taking the Pill, then I was only late by about 10 hours. I usually took it at night before bed, and there was a time or two when I'd fall asleep watching a movie and not take my pill till the next morning. I don't remember if I had sex that day, b/c I didn't find out I was pregnant until a month later...and I don't write down everytime I do it. So yeah, I'm a little on how it all happened, seeing as you're right, the pill pack doesn't tell you to use a backup unless you miss I think 2 or 3 pills.

Baby V's Countdown
March 31st, 2005, 07:52 AM
1proudmom2kalli
I don't think you're being abnormally calm. Maybe you're just comfortable with the idea of having a child, and if you are, then there's nothing wrong with that at all. At any rate, you don't always have to freak out. You're due for AF tomorrow, so I'd just wait it out and see what happens. You may not have anything to worry about anyways, so it's good that you're not freaking out. Afterall, it won't help anything, now will it??

And good luck dear! I hope it turns out however you want it to!
March 31st, 2005, 09:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I was wrong on the date, its April 3rd [this sunday]. I was looking at my ticker, and thinking about my dogs b-day [april 1].

The only thing is. This is my third month on the pill, and i'll bleed very little onto the toilet paper, like how at the end of your period [sorry TMI], not until we have sex, do I fully start bleeding. Its really wierd. Then as soon as i take the pill, the next sunday it stops, right away [wierd huh].

Freaking out is no good, LOL! Learned from experiance. We'll find out while on vaccation [what a great time isn't it]. I feel like I should be freaking out. Like its just the "thing to do".

Find out in a couple days.
March 31st, 2005, 12:54 PM
1proudmom2kalli
Quote:
Originally posted by Fallen2Love@Mar 31 2005, 01:57 PM
I was wrong on the date, its April 3rd [this sunday].* I was looking at my ticker, and thinking about my dogs b-day [april 1].*

The only thing is.* This is my third month on the pill, and i'll bleed very little onto the toilet paper, like how at the end of your period [sorry TMI], not until we have sex, do I fully start bleeding.* Its really wierd.* Then as soon as i take the pill, the next sunday it stops, right away [wierd huh].*

Freaking out is no good, LOL!* Learned from experiance.* We'll find out while on vaccation [what a great time isn't it].* I feel like I should be freaking out.* Like its just the "thing to do".*

Find out in a couple days.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
Yeah, freaking out is no good! I'm glad that you're taking it well so far and handling it good.

Tell your dog that I said Happy B-day! lol! And maybe AF will come to visit on Sunday. I remember you posting that about your AF on another post (or maybe it was someone else in the similar situation)... That is odd, but every person is different.

Well, let us know how the test turns out! You can take First Response. That's what I used 2 days after my missed period and I got a DEFINATE positive TWICE (I took 2 tests just to make sure!) And I think w/ those tests you can test before your missed period... Just an FYI... Read the box and check it out. Just remember that the longer you can hold off on testing the more accurate the results will be (from what I've read because the HCG gets more and more each day for a while!) Anyhow, definately keep us updated!
March 31st, 2005, 01:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It may have been me, on the Waiting to Try/Birth Control forum I posted something about my period being wierd.

I'll go buy a First Response [2 pack, or whatever they have thats the best price], and test before I leave and while I'm gone. I just don't want my BFs parents to see a PG test in there trash, or his sisters ::AHH::, or brothers.

Just the fact that how I bleed without being PG on the pill, can probably be mistaken for spotting so :/ I might just call my DR and have a blood test done, that is if my regular PCP is aviable, I don't like any other DRs I got an attitude from a couple before. I was quite upset, as i've gone to this offfice since I moved to NC.
March 31st, 2005, 01:57 PM
1proudmom2kalli
I know the feeling. When I go to my OB's office I have to see all of the doctors at least once... Well, I'm a little bit "shy" when it comes to that stuff, and I have had the same OB since I was 15 (4 years), so I was not looking forward to that. They actually sprung that on me the last time I was there because they were like "Okay have a seat" and I had a seat in the waiting room. Well, they called me back and took my blood pressure, weight and everything, and then she's like "Okay if you have a seat up on the table Dr. Miller will be in to see you shortly" I'm like "Dr. Miller?" (thinkin to myself)... So when the nurse left the room I told my boyfriend "WHO IS DR. MILLER?" And he laughed at me. But she actually turned out to be nice, but I thought they could have given me a little advanced warning, KWIM? Oh, and everytime I call there they have no clue. I called there the one time to see what would be happening at my OB appt (I didn't know! I'm new at this momma stuff!) And they were like "Well, everybody is different, so we're not really sure" And I'm thinking "Okay, you obviously don't feel like getting up off your lazy butt and pulling my file to see what MIGHT be done or asking my freaking DOCTOR (the brains behind the operation)" So I just waited... and then I called the other day cuz I'm having some serious back pain and they were like "Take some Tylenol and use a heating pad...." And I'm like thinking "Well THERE is some great medical advice, ya know?" GEESH. His staff makes me mad, but I love my OB! I wouldn't trade him for the world! I just gotta sleep with my legs shut until I know that he is on call at the hospital and can deliver my baby!
Anyhow, so I DEFINATELY know what you mean about Drs.... Oh, and when I went to buy a pregnancy test the First Responses all came in a 2 pack! lol! It was like 15 bucks I think, but WELL WORTH IT TO KNOW! Anyways... Best of luck, and let us know what you find out. Are you hoping that you are or are not?
March 31st, 2005, 02:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've always wondered -- are you supposed to have an OB? I've never seen an OB. The only OB I trust is were my mom used to work :/ I just had a pap smear done at my pCP. lol. I guess I should get on the ball about going to an OB, LOL. My FAVORITE DR, IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD, left to teach residents at the hospital, so I was left DRless, and finally this one I trust, and will only see her. lol.

Yeah, its deff. well worth it! I hate the darn cheep ones they are so retarded [but they give you the answer, just takes more]. I have baby fever REALLY badddddddddly. I make myself have to walk over to the food area at walmart, just to pass all the cute baby stuff [my dog has just ruined his squeaker in his toy and wants me to fix it for him, LOL]. I accually walked over there, and added up the prices on "essentails". Ok now I'm offially crazy...I think. [dog is a goofy butt, ok its play time for him, I gotta jet]. But I would be very happy with a BFP.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search