Confused and Scared and Sick

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2011, 08:18 AM
I will post the facts up to now...

My last period was on January 17, 2011.

I have been having the following symptoms:

Strong Nausea (started December 26, 2010) about 3 times per day;
Acne;
Bloating so much that I can't do up my pants;
Tired;
Occasional Shooting Back Pain.

I told a HPT on February 17, 2011 and I had a light positive...I went to the doctor and blood work was 33 and then I did another HPT when I got home and another light positive.

Here is my question...my symptoms have gone away except for cramping.

Since my levels are so low could this be a miscarriage? Also (I'm sorry if it's TMI) my cervix is high and spongey.

I feel awful for saying this but I don't want to be pregnant...I've been on the pill for 17 years....I'm 32 years old and not a kid but I'm scared and I feel ashamed...I'm not ready...I'm not married...I need help.
February 20th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My advice would be to see what your Dr has to say. Pregnancy symptoms come and go naturally without anything being wrong.
It's normal to be scared when facing the unknown. You just have to sit down with your SO if you have one in the picture and ask yourself Do I/We want a baby? Can I/we provide for it? How would life change if I/we had a baby? Is that a good thing? How would your relationships change with the people around you?
You need to go over all of your options and all of each of thier pros and cons.
1. Having the baby and keeping it. Lifestyle changes, medical and child care expences, taking care of and loving someone for the rest of your life.
2. Abortion. Cost, phycological effects, recovery, risks.Life staying the same.
3. Adoption. helping someone in need, risks of pregnancy, possibility of changing your mind, medical/living expences covered.

No one can make your decision for you but it's best to make it calmly and with as much info as possiable.
Best of luck to you!

February 21st, 2011, 11:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
First of all, you need to schedule another blood test. 2 days from your last. It your numbers are doubling, then you are newly pregnant and things look good. If they go down, you are going to miscarry. If they barely go up that could indicate ectopic or an impending miscarriage. First, find out if you are or not, and then give yourself time to really let the pregnancy sink in before you start making important decisions.
February 22nd, 2011, 04:19 AM
DramaFreeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi and

I agree 100 percent with what the girls have said. I am not as familiar with the symptoms of a miscarriage but i think the doctor could tell you best.

As far as not being ready, i can totally understand that. No matter what age, when a pregnancy isn't intended, it can be pretty scary. If you are pregnant and it does stick, then you will have to sit down and really just weigh your options. But i would definitely find out for sure first before you start worrying about what's next. Take it one day at a time

Good luck and update if you can!

Cece

Thank You Sharon for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search