Have to let this out.

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2011, 10:53 PM
I dont have anyone else to talk to about this. But I need to get this out and possibly some advice too. Excuse my scattered brain.

In January, I was sick during the week I was suppose to get my period. So of course it was the last thing on my mind for that time. I got better then a week later I was sick again. So needless to say my period was the last thing I wanted to see. In fact I was hoping it would hold off until I was no longer harboring a 102 fever. Time flew and a friend of mine mentioned her period and that's when I realized the last time I had mine was back in the middle of December. I decided to let the guy know that. The next day the results of the home pregnancy tests, 4 of them because I refused to believe the first three was positive. He texted me asking the results so I told him. Immediately after my response he calls, and calls, and calls. I did even have time to process the information myself. I needed time to think and he wasnt giving it to me even when I told him that what I needed. So I called him because he was telling me how shady I was being for not answering his phone calls. We found out on Wednesday 2/23 by Thursday Im a shady individual. I told him the reason I didnt want to talk to him was because I didnt have any answers to any questions he was asking. But he continued with "what are you going to do? You have a decision to make. You have to stop thinking and start acting. What are your options. What are your reasons for getting rid of it or keeping it?" Im trying to let all this sink in even now.

I told him I had an appt. Monday afternoon and I didnt hear a word from him until monday morning when he asked what time my appt. was at. Then he texted me 6 hours later asking how it went good or bad news. I told him Im 10w5d even sent him 2 pics. I also told him I decided to not abort. Its no longer an option. I explained why and being there its intense experience. My friend who is due in May told me hearing the heart beat is an emotional moment but I had no idea I'd react the way I did. Its obvious he doesnt want this baby. So I threw out the possibility of adoption and he got mad at me. He went on to tell me how selfish I am being. I dont give a s**t about his feelings/thoughts. How could I make this decision with out asking how he felt about it. He had Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sun to tell me how HE felt but he didnt.

But the whole time it was What are YOU going to do. YOU need to make a decision. I made a decision and he didnt like it and got mad.

I moved the week of christmas and he wants me to move back. I have a job and a place of my own. But again its the whole selfish thing because I dont want to quit my job and move back to a place where I would undoubtedly have to rely on my mom for support until I got up on my own feet again.

He is making me not want to deal with him. I feel bad for not wanting to talk to him or tell him anything thats going on. but every conversation end with him getting mad and telling me how much I suck. Like its my fault I got pregnant. pregnant was something I never wanted to be. But now I am and Im ok with it. I dont know if he's trying to make me regret my decision and change my mind since there is still time or if his feelings really are hurt because I made this decision with out his input. He is not a priority to me. It goes Baby, Me, bunch of other people and all the way at the bottom is him. he was higher until he started acting like this.
March 2nd, 2011, 11:27 PM
Veteran
im sorry hes acting this way, and congrats on the pregnancy! im glad your being strong and telling him your doing it your way. i hope the pregnancy goes well for you! goodluck!

March 3rd, 2011, 05:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry he is being such a butt (for lack of a better term). It sounds like you are making the best choices for both you and the baby.

congrats on the baby! I completely understand the power of hearing the heartbeat. It does help change everything.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

March 3rd, 2011, 09:22 AM
Ashley11
So sorry he is being this way, it's really not fair to you since he is saying everything is up to YOU. It makes it seem like he wants nothing to do with it and when you finally stand and decide he wants to get pissy over it and that is just flat out stupid.

On the other hand I am so darn happy you are choosing to keep the baby! Hearing the heartbeat is life changing and brings out so many emotions you never knew you had. . .keep doing what is in your best interest and this baby's best interest, not this guys. . .good luck to you and I hope you have a healthy and happy pregnancy
March 3rd, 2011, 12:24 PM
11gatorgal11's Avatar Super Mommy
You are so not being selfish! You are so right for wanting to stay where you are especially since you have a job and can support yourself on your own.
I wish you good luck and enjoy this pregnancy. Don't let him get you down!!!
March 14th, 2011, 12:21 PM
I was in the same situation 8 years ago with my son and i did exactly what you did and it was the best move i ever did ( i now have my own house and make a nice living )..... Time waits for no one and you are going to feel confused now but you are ultimately doing what is going to be right for you and your child, he will come around ( with time ) and thats fine but you have a child that will depend on you and does not have the time for his figure out his emotions ! dont worry you sound like a smart cookie dont make let crumble you with his nonesense ....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search