Could really use some advice!!! I'm in a pickle!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2011, 08:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I lurk here, and am having unplanned babies myself. The father of my twins was all over the place and then denied them, and it has just been 'fun' since. I was not thrilled about being pregnant at all, and then I found out I was having twins. I almost died. I was in denial for a long time (probably up until a few weeks ago), and I still have moments where I panic.

anyways, I decided to keep them, and I agree....my body, my rules. If the dad doesn't want to be involved, and you are okay with being a single mom, then go for it. I know it would be ideal to have the guy in your life to help, but sometimes the negativity just isn't worth it.

I was in a bad relationship, and got pregnant when I was 19 with DD, and honestly, the best thing that I ever did was leave him. He is involved in her life, but never really was at the beginning. My biggest regret now is telling him that she was his. I have been a single mom since she was born 5.5yrs ago, and it has its very hard moments, but it is so worth it. I am scared now because I am going from 1 to 3 all at once, but sometimes being a single mom is easier than dealing with someone who just doesn't want to be there.

I am sorry if this makes no sense- I am tired, but anyways, whatever you do it is your choice. My DD changed my life in so many great and wonderful ways, and I would do it all over again if it meant that I had the same DD I have now. I couldn't imagine life without her.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search