How soon...

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2005, 07:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ok I had a nice message typed and almost done, and I hit the backspace key **URG** ok....restart.

I said in my other post I was 13 hours late taking my pill 3/26, sex that day, no other protect. Then condoms, the 27th,28th, and nothing on 4/1. We normally don't use protection, SO!

I couldn't be having any symptoms yet, if I did get PG from the 26th? Unless the pill failed me before then, right? I've been OVERLY hungry, and nasous since late last night.

Would a HPT pick anything up yet? I due to start AF today, but as I said before I bairly bleed already [just a tad on the toliet paper, unless we have sex]. Or will I have to wait until my next cycle, to test?

I'm leaving for CA on the 6th [not until evening, but still]. I don't want to start a new pack, and not know 100% sure. KWIM?

I'm just a tad confused, because i've read a couple other "medical" sites [weekby week, with symptoms] and they are contraditing eachother. :/
April 3rd, 2005, 07:23 AM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I doubt you are pregnant from being late taking a pill (although it is possible). I took like 4 pill late last month and missed one and I have AF right now. Yeah it is too early to test. I dont think you'd be able to test until next month but if you are bleeding right now then its probably AF since you are due for it. I get really light AFs too. Its more of heavy spotting. You might not feel well after eating because you are worried about being pregnant so the symptom is in your head (happens to me too). Try not to worry about it. I'm sure everything is fine

April 3rd, 2005, 07:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm not even bleeding right now. I take the pill at night so, I'll probably start either later this afternoon, or tomarrow AM. Its probably all just in my head, since i'm going on vaccation, i'm really excited about that [nasous]. Its just odd for me to always be hungry. I just ate breakfast [normal amount of cerial, LOL], an hour ago, and i'm already hungry again. Normally, when I eat breakfast between 7 and 9, i'm not hungry again until noon. And its just odd, but i'm probably looking into it to much.

I obviously don't have much trust for this pill, LOL! I wish I was good at searches, because i'd find something to the extend of, "chances of pg on Tri-sprintec, by the number of pills missed." LOL!

So I guess i'll wait as see if AF decided to show even the slightest bit. I'm not used to these REALLY light periods! I'm used to heavy-heavy ones.
April 3rd, 2005, 08:13 AM
Veteran
Not to scare you or anything, but I had the same thing.

I was on the pill and I forgot a few, but thought nothing of it. I then started feeling sick, but I hadn't had sex with anyone for only couple weeks. I thought, well i can't be pregnant you don't get those symptoms until much later. Then I had some spotting, thought I was going to start my period, but nope. So, I took a test and it came out positive.

So, I suppose it is possible, but don't worry too much about it until you miss your period. Stress can even make your period not show up. You could try a HPT because you could be much further long then you think if you have sex on a regular basis. If its a negative, then I'd just wait a couple days until you miss your period and then test once more. If it still comes out negative, i wouldn't worry.

I hope this helped and good luck.

and

A new arrival coming in december!
April 3rd, 2005, 02:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
yeah, we do have sex on a regular basis, so I ccould be farther than I'm thinking. I'll wait and see a few more days if the wonderful AF doesn't show her ugly face! I'm normally really good about taking it, within the same time frame [9-11ish]. But that time frame could really throw it off :/
April 3rd, 2005, 06:29 PM
1proudmom2kalli
How reliable is your period? Like, can you predict it or does it come a day late or a day earlier or something each time? I was on Ortho-Evra (the patch) and I knew I would get my period on this wednesday and it would be over by this Sunday. Well, I didn't get my period on the Wednesday, so I thought "well, just stress" so I waited until Friday and when it still didn't come I got a First Response and took it. POSITIVE. Just to be sure, I took another one. The next monday I started bleeding. Well, I thought "Either the tests were wrong or I'm having a miscarriage" So I freaked out and called the Dr.... Well, Tuesday morning I went to the hospital for the blood test... POSITIVE... and here I am.. (AND I took my birth control ON TIME...) So I'm not convinced that birth control is reliable AT ALL. So I'd say if you don't have your period by Tuesday, I would get a first response and see what happens just so you know.
That way when you go on vacation you will know.... It might be stress, but it might not, and it's ALWAYS better to know, IMHO...
Let us know how it works out hun!!!
April 4th, 2005, 07:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The reason I started taking the pill was because of irregular periods, with no medical explanation. But the last 2 months I normal, will at least by today [monday] be bleeding a tad just on toilet paper. I'm almost tempted just to have sex, to see if AF will show her face, although this AF i'm trying to see if its having sex or its just conicoince. This is the 3rd month of being on the pill so!

I still have feeling nasous. I'm just going to "wait and see" if nothing by wensday, i'll test.

Whats wierd though, is, isn't the pill supposed to stop you from ovulating? Well, the first 2 months it seemed like i did. But this month nothing. :/ Then, if you have to take it by the minute everyday, then I really messed up on taking the pill.

I think if taking an hour or so different, really isn't ok, then I'd probably farther along, if I am. I recall BF saying a couple weeks ago my boobs different, to me they just looked fuller, he said no not fuller, then was like nevermind. I don't know. I'm just going to relax, and see what happened on wedesday.
April 4th, 2005, 07:39 AM
1proudmom2kalli
Yup, the best thing that you can do is to relax.

They say that you're supposed to take the pill at the same time everyday. I've never heard of minutes being an issue, but I could be wrong.

The pill (I was on it for 1.5 years until I got a MAJOR cyst on my ovary that ruptured and caused internal bleeding REAL bad!) IS supposed to stop you from ovulating, but you should, if I'm not mistaken, have a period, there's just no egg in the period (if that makes any sense?). So you should still be getting a period.

I had to go on the pill because my periods were irregular too. Sometimes they would be really heavy and last like 8 days and man, talk about CRAMPS! So, I know what ya mean about them being irregular. The pill should help with that.

I would just try and relax until Wednesday and then test. When you get the results though, let us know!!

Oh, and I had a really light period in November (the month I was supposed to have concieved)... So if you're talking about light periods, you might be pregnant... It's really hard to tell until you test. I didn't have a period at ALL in December... That's how I knew to test... Before that I had no idea... and the light period didn't scare me or anything... Even though before it came I was telling the SO I felt like I was pregnant. (They're saying my date of conception was Nov. 17th, but I still think it was beginning of November because we went away for the weekend. I also think I might've screwed up the dates that I had my period? I dunno.) ANYWAYS...

Let us know your results though!
April 4th, 2005, 08:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
See i'll take it like 9:30 one day, 9:00, the next, the 9:$5, then 10:!5, wierd stuff like that, so I could have screewed up like that with taking it. I can't find anything o nline, saying if that would have messed up anything.

But yeah for the 5 years i've had AF, i'd average a 30 to 45 day just IN BETWEEN periods. Then a 7-10 day period. It's awful! I'm likeing so MUCH knowing everything with the pill! Its really bad, though when you use the "pull and pray" method, with a cycle like that! Then before I decided to get on the pill, I had some AWFUL cramps that I couldn't get out of bed, my DR had to give me perscription stuff, oh it was fun! So much fun!

I wish we could like have an idicator, on our abdomin or something saying "pregnant", "not pregnant" that was only visable for us!

Still nothing :/ I swear I'm going to keep drinking water to go to the bathroom, so I can see if I start bleeding at all. lol. I'm a weirdo.
April 4th, 2005, 08:47 AM
1proudmom2kalli
I KNOW THE FEELING! (About the going to the bathroom to see if you're bleeding yet!) I was doing that like every 15 minutes to see if my period had come yet! Anyhow, I WISH that we had an idicator on our belly too... Unfortunately WE DON'T... lol. So you should take a test and see what it says. I can't wait to see if you are or not! I dunno why, it's not like I know you PERSONALLY, but I'm starting to feel like I do... LOL!

Anyways, let me know when you find out hun!
April 4th, 2005, 09:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Some medical company needs to start some research on something like that! Or GOD PLEASE CAN YOU CREATE HUMANS WITH PREGNANCY INDICATORS ON OUR TUMMYS, SAYING PG, OR NO PG.

I can't wait to see if I am or not! LOL! The suspense is killing me! JEEZ! I think i'm going to wait until wensday and see what happens, if nothing wensday, i'll get one.

But BF made a goofy comment last night, if you are while we are in CA meet your dad and brother and get my family and go to vegas! LOL, That would be fun.

I'm just trying not, to you know make up symptoms, or automatically say they are PG related. Because i'm REALLY excited about CA, but dang, if everytime i'm excited or depressed, or whatever I missed a period i'd never have one! LOL! But I know when I get really excited about something, I'll loss my appitite, and have the "butterfly" feeling, but not gain an appitite or feel the puke [shivers]. I hate throwing up, OMG I hate it, AHHH! I sux at doing searches, as well. I've been trying to ffind out information on Tri-Sprintec, and all that it comes up with is, drug companyies SELLING the pill. I don't need to BUY it, I need to find out information. I should probably just search OTC, instead, i've gotten good results with that. *blah*

Ok off to search some more.

ETA --

maybe i'm wierd, but normally when i'm about to start, I just smell a certain smell, but I don't even smell that. Am I weird or does anybody else smell that ever? I feel like an alien!! LOL!
April 4th, 2005, 09:41 AM
1proudmom2kalli
Nope, not an alien. I know what you mean. I always got a little brown spotting at the beginning and end of my period.... Everyone has their own "indicators"...
April 4th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
LOL!

If I don't get anything by wensday, i'll test Still nothing....

ETA -- I talked with BF, and he is going to go buy me a FR test! He is worried, because apprently his sister, got PG on the pill, by missing on the same way, I did. SO, I'm going to test tomarrow morning. Still feeling nasous, not so much as earlier and yesterday, but still there. It seems like, this month, is "people that take the pill, get pregnant, month"
April 4th, 2005, 03:31 PM
LalaMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ufortunatly waiting to find out if your pregnant takes FOREVER! I tried for a few months, and each month i lived in my bathroom for a week wating to bleed. Especially if you want the baby, it can be torture. Hopefully it will all work out for you

My Webpage
April 4th, 2005, 05:46 PM
1proudmom2kalli
Post back and tell us what happens when you take the test!! I'm so anxious just to know! I feel like it's me!! LOL! Funny... But seriously, tell us what happens dear!
April 5th, 2005, 05:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, BF was suppposed to buy them on his way home last night. And of course i'm talking to him on the cell, and I go "did you stop at the store already?", "oh crap I forgot, what's stilll open on the way?", of course nothing, so I'm going to test tomarrow morning. As i've already peed thismorning.

I'm still not bleeding :/ and still feeling nasous.
April 5th, 2005, 10:21 AM
1proudmom2kalli
Just an FYI, you don't have to pee first thing in the morning.. I mean, you might have to, but you don't have to use that pee. You can use any pee at any time of the day! lol.

PLEASE LET US KNOW WHEN YOU DO TEST... I'm so anxious! lol.
April 5th, 2005, 10:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ok I got a test [2]. Not a first respone, because I went to bi-lo and they were all in locked cases but this one, and was to lazy to drive anywhere else, since I was already at Bi-Lo getting other things -- Anyways. Its a One Step Pregnancy Test, is what its called. I've been told your supposed to hold your pee for a couple hours, and I can't do that, before you test. So I'm going to test tomarrow morning. I'll post the results.

Anybody have any luck with this brand? I'm not a fan of them, they've given me inaccurate results, but may have just been a faulty test, or me being stupid. LOL!
April 5th, 2005, 10:28 AM
1proudmom2kalli
No experience with that. Just do it first thing in the morning and follow the instructions EXACTLY. If you get a positive, retest with the other one or go to your doc's office for a blood test. Good luck hun and let us know!
April 5th, 2005, 10:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Is it easier to pee in a cup first then just dip it? I've always just "peed on the stick" and i'm just not very cordinated!

lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search