New Here

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2011, 08:20 AM
CassCramer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CassCramer Send a message via Yahoo to CassCramer Send a message via Skype™ to CassCramer
I'm not sure if this is the right place for me...

I'm Cassie (22), mom to Xander (2). I haven't been with my SO very long, but I'm worried that I might be pregnant. I know he would be there for me if I am, but I never thought I would be in a position to potentially have an unplanned pregnancy. I guess I'm in the 2WW right now, and will probably be freaking out until I know for sure.

April 13th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Mischief Managed's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mischief Managed
What makes you think you are pregnant if you are in the 2WW if it wasn't planned? (Just curious! I thought 2WW was for those who are TTC but I am still sorta new to all this) I am really sorry for whatever you are worried about, but I am sure everything that is meant to happen will happen
If you are concerned that you have pregnancy symptoms already (and in the 2WW) these could be ovulation symptoms. Women don't really get pregnancy symptoms until about 6 weeks, at least that is how it was for me! Good luck, and try not to stress! (I know all this becuase me and DH have good friends who have been TTC for a long time, she always think sshe is PG but she ends up getting AF )

Last edited by Mischief Managed; April 13th, 2011 at 03:27 PM.
April 22nd, 2011, 07:44 AM
CassCramer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CassCramer Send a message via Yahoo to CassCramer Send a message via Skype™ to CassCramer
It wasn't symptoms that concerned me. I got EWCM (if you don't know, that's the thick cervical mucus you get when you ovulate) just hours after having sex - I thought I was already over a week past this, but this month was pretty hectic so I wasn't paying as much attention as I should. 2WW isn't necessarily only for TTC, but just the 2 weeks from ovulation to AF where I would not know either way. I THINK I got AF, but it was VERY light and only lasted 1 1/2 - 2 days (I've always been 4-5 days and moderately heavy). So I'm still not 100% relieved, I will feel better if I get a regular AF this next cycle. Even if I'm not pregnant, something is obviously very off (and I haven't been stressed enough for that to be the cause)

*I would test, but I only have 1 test on hand and don't have the money for even a cheap test right now. Things are VERY tight (the cheapest I've been able to find around here is $7).

April 22nd, 2011, 09:33 AM
Mischief Managed's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mischief Managed
Oh I see! Well I have only heard the people who were TTC using it so I got really confused!
I am sorry that this is causing you to worry. I hope everything turns out ok! I am sure it will though, stay positive

April 22nd, 2011, 05:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
You can get tests at the dollar store (either dollar general for 3 bucks I think or the actual Dollar Tree type stores for a buck.) The dollar tree tests actually had a higher rate of accuracy in several wide based polls I have seen than even the 13 buck tests. I hope that will help.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search