First time Prego!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Hi everyone!

I just found out yesterday that I am expecting! I am a 24 years old and this is my first pregnancy! I am excited and scared at the same time!

The only reason I even decided to take a home preg test was bc I was and still am having cramps for a week now but no period ever came! Naturally, I googled and researched and found that many women experience this similar crampy feeling! Low and behold, within the 2 minutes of the pregnancy test it came out positive!

My boyfriend is excited as well! I can honestly say, we weren't "trying" but we also were not "preventing" it from happening! We are so very happy! However considering this is a first for both of us I am concerned whether I am going to go about things, such as planning doctors visits and prenatal care accurately. Anyone have any advice?

I did a pregnancy calculator and its saying that I am about 3 weeks in. I took a test on 4/9/11 and that one came out negative. The one yesterday (10 days later) 4/19/11 came out positive! Does 3 weeks sound about right? I am thoroughly confused and excited!

We have yet to tell either of our families, I think its best to wait until 2-3 months? Do people generally tell their families right away? Am I over thinking this?

Anyway, Thank you for listening!

(also according to the calculator it says my due date would be 12/31/11... I dont want to get my head set on that date considering I have yet to see a doctor to get blood work! Will he then tell me how far along I am and when I should be due?)
April 20th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Regular
The way I determined how far along I was taking the first day of your last period. That should give you a round about time. Of course blood work and the ultrasound will be more spot on. I would wait till about your 8th or 9th week. I made the mistake of telling my family and my boyfriends family when I was 5 weeks. Big, Huge mistake!!! I ended up having a miscarriage probably in the middle of my 5th week. It was very sad and I felt dumb for telling them. But we are moving on from that experience. I've truly learned from it Your really not over thinking things. This is your first pregnancy and you've got a lot to process lol so it's to be expected! Any how, Congrats on your pregnancy! You should join the pregnancy questions board since you and your boyfriend weren't totally suprised about this miracle That board has a ton of great ladies with so much information to give you. Good luck lady! (((HUGS)))
April 20th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Thank you SweatPea!! and I am sorry to hear about what happened, but thank you for letting me know, i'll be holding off on tellng anyone

I'll go ahead and jump on over to that board!
April 20th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Sasha Love's Avatar Veteran
congrats! enjoy every moment!
April 20th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
First off... CONGRATS! Enjoy it! I hope the enthusiasm stays. And I am so happy for you that your bf is excited too!

I waited to tell people till I was out of the first trimester. Most miscarriages happen in the first 12 weeks. That is not to say we didnt tell anyone, we told a few close people at week 8.

As far as the dr... home tests are as good as the ones in their office. For me they drew blood and then drew it again a week later to make sure my hcg levels were increasing like they should be (if I were pregnant) and then I had an ultrasound and was dated as 6 weeks, and a second 2 weeks later showing the same dating!

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

April 20th, 2011, 09:22 PM
PointDefiance's Avatar My job is life itself.
Hello!

I'm due Oct 17th, we weren't trying or preventing either. After we got our first u/s at 9wks and had some proof of a baby I told close friends and family and waited till later to tell everyone else.

Congrats! Hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search