need opinions

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Hello everyone. I am unexpectedly pregnant and I am happy and excited but do have this nagging, in the back of my head type issue that I wanted to get opinions on.

I was single and had sex Feb 8 with someone. It was just once and it had been a long time before that since I had been with anyone.

3 days later on Feb 11 I had some sort of period because I wrote down on a calender I had started. I can't really recall how long or any details about that period. I just remember having to change underwear so I know there was flow.

Feb 19 I met and slept with the guy who is now my boyfriend.

I took a home pregnancy test the week of Mar 11- neg.....then again the week of Mar 24- neg
Besides the missed period during that time I was having some breast tenderness.

I tested again Apr 2nd and got a postive.

I had an ultrasound today that says the baby measures at 9 weeks.

What do you think the chances are this could be the other guys baby instead of my boyfriends?

My boyfriend is thrilled about this baby and I don't want to tell him anything that takes away from that if there is no need to.
April 21st, 2011, 09:41 AM
Mischief Managed's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mischief Managed
There is no chance that it is the other man's sperm, it has to be your boyfriends. (Esp if your last period was Feb 11th, then that means whatever sperm that was in you that might of fertilized that months egg was destroyed due to AF) Nine weeks from today was Feb 24th, was probably sometime during your last period/ovulation. (Doctors measure the babys growth starting by once the new egg comes, right after your period, since it is growing then too, or right at ovulation) Feb 19th is not the day you concieved, but somewhere between then and April 2nd you did. (Most likely around ovulation) As long as during this time you were only having sex with your boyfriend, you are OK to go!

April 21st, 2011, 08:01 PM
Thanks so much!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search