Pregnant with the Mirena

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2011, 07:22 AM
I got the Mirena IUD in November of 2008. I had my annual exam on March 22nd, 2011 and was told my IUD was in place. The very next day I started spotting for the first time in over 2 years! 2 weeks later it was still happening. The doctor told me to give it another 2 weeks and to then call back if I was still bleeding and they would schedule an ultrasound. Another 2 weeks later, I called back because I was still bleeding! He scheduled an ultrasound for the next morning and told me I should take a pregnancy test to "rule that out". Well 5 pregnancy tests later I am definitely pregnant! My HCG levels are 150 as of yesterday. They couldn't see anything definitive on the ultrasound, probably because it's so early. I must have gotten pregnant during the bleeding! Which would make me 2 weeks from conception. I'm so nervous and confused right now. I'm supposed to go in tomorrow for another blood test to see if my numbers increase or decrease. The doctor says 150 is really low. If my numbers do increase they want to pull the IUD immediately. What are the chances I'm going to miscarry no matter what? I'm really worried now. I can't believe after 10 years with my significant other, 6 weeks before our wedding this is all happening...but it's obviously for a reason. So much to deal with...would appreciate any words of wisdom or to hear from others that have been in this situation.
April 21st, 2011, 07:52 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
I'm sure you're probably so stressed out right now.

From what I have read, removing the IUD as soon as possible is the best way to give the pregnancy a chance to survive. There have been a number of women who keep the IUD in the entire pregnancy, but the rate of complications and miscarriage is a lit higher than removing it ASAP.

*hugs* I hope you get the outcome that you want!

May 7th, 2011, 12:34 PM
I just thought I would share, (and this being my 1st post!) that I found out Monday that I was 5 and half weeks pregant with my 5th child and I too had a Mirena in. It worked like a charm for 4 years and I hd no periods. Occasional ovarian cysts that hurt like heck but managable. It is now 5 days later I am still in shock. I felt I was done with having kids to be honest. My children are 5,6,7 and 10 years old. My husband just started back to work and I am a FT nursing student graduationing in Dec. I am SO stressed out. Everything will work out. I had my Mirena removed on Tues, the day after finding out. I also had a US last night and everything looks normal. Get it taken out asap though. The longer in, the higher risk you and your baby will be. Good Luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search