Anyone still get upset sometimes?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Mischief Managed's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mischief Managed
I have been pretty optimistic about my little one and what a surprise he was. I wouldn't have it any other way! But summer just got here and I am starting to get a little depressed about it. I wont be able to visit my friends back in my home state since I don't want to risk being too far away in case Jude comes a little early. I know it is selfish of me, but it kills me sometimes to think I wont get to just go do what I want! (Not that I am a partier or anything like that) But I always liked just being able to get up and travel, even if it was just across the state to visit my Dad.
I am not severly depressed about this or anything... I just sometimes get these late night feelings like: "I am so not ready for this! Why did this happen!". Anyone else still going through this? I have talked to DH about it but he just doesn't understand!

May 5th, 2011, 06:22 PM
DramaFreeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I understand completely and feel exactly the same way.

I love my DS and can't imagine life without him but sometimes i feel like i don't want to be responsible for someone else all the time. Even when you are away, you are still a mom.

When these thoughts hit me i have to remind myself that this is completely normal of motherhood and i shouldn't beat myself up about it or make myself miserable by focusing too much on what i can't have.

There are a lot of things that you will have to sacrifice and i think the feeling of wanting life before a baby is always going to hit you when one of those sacrifices come up. I don't think anyone truly wants to give up doing whatever they like, when they like and being carefree.

So just remind yourself that you will have days again when you can have some fun. And those thoughts of "what if this didn't happen" are normal and doesn't make you a bad mom or mean you aren't ready to be a mother. Sacrificing your own wants and desires for your child actually make you a great mom. There are plenty of "moms" who don't...

Cece

Thank You Sharon for my beautiful siggy!

May 6th, 2011, 08:39 PM
I am expecting my 3rd baby in December. I "worked" very hard for my first two children, who I love more than anything. This baby was completely unplanned, and my husband and I were thinking that we were happy with our son(8), and our daughter(4). We had a little more freedom, could easily travel with them now at this age, and with just two we could actually afford to go to Disney World Let's not forget to mention that we both enjoy our sleep. While there is part of me that is thrilled that I'm not done with the baby thing yet, there is that other part that wants to curl up in a corner and cry all day at the thought of starting this whole thing over again. I'm self employed, which means if I don't work, I don't get paid, and I have clients who I'm sure will not be happy with the fact that they will need to make alternate arrangements for a month(I'm only taking 4 weeks off, unfortunately). Oh, and there's the little thing of we already had our Disney vaca booked for the end of February. UGH, sometimes the stress overshadows the joy. So, yes, I still often get upset. You're not alone.
May 7th, 2011, 02:21 PM
cutepiem1's Avatar Veteran
I understand and deal with those same feelings myself. My son is 11 and my daughter is due in July. Sometimes when I've had a long day at work and I'm tired he can fix us small meals like nodles or soup and sandwiches. Now I'm starting all over and its honestly very overwhelming. I also liel to travel. My S/O and I go somewhere every year and now I'm wondering if we will still be able to do it with the baby. I don't feel comfortable leaving my babies so I would rather take all the kids with us wherever we go but it will be more expensive so idk. I have a friend getting married in Miami next year and the only way we can go is if we fly all the kids with us (his son included) and I'm not sure we can do it. She wanted me to come down for a site visit in Sept but I will have a newborn and cant go so yes I do get a little upset sometimes.
July 13th, 2011, 05:46 AM
I thought it was only me. I was used 2 having one child alone and he's a lot older than this baby so I got used 2 d freedom of having a child that's basically self-sufficient. I'm kinda scared about doing it all over again and this time without any help from their father
July 16th, 2011, 12:47 PM
star shaped's Avatar Regular
I get upset over little things.I get stressed working and going to college full-time and sometimes I find myself thinking, "this would be so much easier if I didn't have a child that depended on me all the time!" I always feel terrible when I think that, but when I'm operating on 2 hours of sleep sometimes, I just start to feel down. I never blame my son though, I love him very much. I just get upset with myself.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search