New here and scared...

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Regular
Hi all. I am going to get a test tonight after work, but I just wanted some advice, sometimes I think this is all in my head, I want children so badly. but, here it goes.

I'm 27, in a great relationship with a wonderful man. For the past few weeks, I have had an increase in appetite (I've gained about 4 pounds), along with sharp pains in both sides of my lower abdomen. My sciatic nerve has begun to act up (I've never had that problem before). I feel a little queasy throughout the day, my breasts are more sore than usual, and the last couple of times we had sex it hurt during deep penetration. I've also had more headaches than usual.

I am on birth control, but there were a few weeks in Feb. that I was also on an antibiotic. I had a period the 2nd week in Feb., lasting about 5 days, which is normal for me on the pill. heavy as usual as well.

March 18th I started my period (normal as usual datewise because of the Pill), but it was very short (2.5 days) and much lighter than usual. My symptoms have increased in intensity since then.

Now, all I've ever wanted was to have children. The man I'm dating (he's 25) was previously married to a woman who got pregnant on purpose (he was 19, she was 24) and basically he was trapped into a marriage he never wanted. I am so afraid, that if I am indeed pregnant, that he will think I'm doing the same thing. I believe he knows me better than that, but once you've been burned, you know....

anyway, I'd love any type of advice you could give me. We'll just see what happens.

Thanks.
April 4th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom2B*L*T
Sounds like you may be... but I would definatley test to make sure. If he loves you, I don't think he would accuse you of that. And a child can't really trap you into a relationship. If he is not happy... he can leave hether or not you have a child. Yeah he would have to pay support, but thats not trapping him. He can't get too upset. Tell him it takes 2 people to make a baby. I think you are going to be fine, either way! And I really hope if you are preggo, that he is also happy about it!!

<div align='center'></div>Siggy made by dettmer26- thank you!</div>
April 4th, 2005, 01:58 PM
1proudmom2kalli
First of all, Welcome to JustMommies! I'm the co-host of this board!

About your boyfriend... It sucks that he's been burned before, but it's like the one girl said... a child doesn't trap you in a relationship. If he wants out, he's gonna get out... So, he shouldn't think that would trap him anyways... And he loves you, then it shouldn't make him feel "trapped" either way, whether you get married or not.

Well, I hope it works out for you, but it does sound like you might be. Let us know how the test turns out. Good luck! Keep us up to date, and again, welcome!

If you are or are not, either way we're here for ya!
April 5th, 2005, 05:57 AM
Regular
Well, I tested last night and this morning, and they were both negative. There must be something else going on with my body. Guess it's time for a dr's appt.

thanks for the suppport.
April 5th, 2005, 11:27 AM
1proudmom2kalli
No problemo... Just pop back and say hey every once in a while! We're glad to have newbies!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search