On the pill but possible implantation bleeding???

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Hello,

I know the only way to know if I'm pregnant or not is to take a test and its too early to get an accurate test anyway but I just want to hear other people's stories, really, and compare them with my experience.

I woke up pretty early yesterday morning(5/7) because I really had to pee. It is somewhat unusual for me to wake up because I have to pee, but I have been trying to drink more water lately. I was shocked to see there was dark brown blood on my tp when I wiped. My period is very very regular and I'm not expecting it until next Tuesday(5/17). There hasn't been any blood other than that one wipe. I've never bled while not on my period before. The first thing that came to my mind was implantation bleeding.

But I keep thinking I can't be pregnant - I have been on the pill (Ortho-Tri-Cyclen lo) for almost 4 years now. I am really good at taking it on time every day. Every once in a while I've taken a pill late but this month I've been perfectly on time. No Antibiotics or any medication other than Ibuprofen for headaches. I haven't been sick at all. I don't know anything else that could interfere.

So I have 9 days to wait and see if AF comes to visit. I hope she does because I'm only 20 and don't think I can afford a baby right now. I did everything right to prevent it, it'll just seem so unfair if I am pregnant.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I kinda want to hear if any of you out there got pregnant while using the pill perfectly. I'm also curious of other experiences of implantation bleeding. Or if anyone has had a similar experience to mine.

Thanks in advance,
Heathy
May 9th, 2011, 05:28 PM
everafter's Avatar Super Mommy
I've had something like that around ovulation time....now in retrospect I realize it must have been ovulation bleeding or something.....

Btw....I've been on the same pill for almost 4 years !!!!!!!

May 9th, 2011, 07:36 PM
LShumate1010's Avatar Super Mommy
I had that about two months ago and I freaked myself out and was so excited that I thought I was and AF came 4 days late. I took 2 tests to make sure and nothing. It was only when I wiped as well. And this was during ovulation. Keep us posted. I am 20 as well and it wasn't until I got the BFN that really had me disappointed and now I want to start a family more then anything. I am married if your wondering too.
May 10th, 2011, 05:13 AM
Thanks for responding guys!

LShumate1010 were you on the pill or any hormonal birth control?

Since I'm on birth control I shouldn't ovulate but I'm worried I got a bad batch. Right now I'm pretty much afraid to have sex because I'm worried it could be signs of ovulation.
May 12th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I got pregnant on that same pill with my dd who is now 9. Any b/c is not 100% effective so if you aren't pg i would say start useing condoms with them this is what my doctor always told me to do but of never did.

May 12th, 2011, 06:22 PM
LShumate1010's Avatar Super Mommy
I wasn't on anything.
May 12th, 2011, 08:02 PM
I just always had so much faith in the pill always working. I would have never imagined I would have been that 0.1% Not that I know if I am yet. It seems silly to worry about taking a pill everyday if I have to use condoms anyway. I've never trusted condoms either. I am too afraid that I'll get pregnant to have sex now. Right now my boyfriend laughs when I say I'm going celibate but he'll be making good friends with his hand soon.
May 16th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Okay. Tomorrow is the day. I've never wanted to have a period so bad in my life. If it doesn't start by the time my bf gets home from work (which is around 9:00pm) then we are driving straight to the store and getting a test. I'll probably get two because I would want to take one as soon as I get home and then I'd probably take one again in the morning since that's when you're suppose to take them. Wish me luck...
May 16th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Veteran
lurker here. good luck with the test! if ur wanting it to be negative i hope it is for u!

May 17th, 2011, 02:18 PM
=) No need for a test. AF came right on time. Now I'm a little worried what the bleeding could have been but there's no telling why our bodies do certain things.
March 11th, 2014, 10:57 PM
I think the same thing is happening to me.
i am 9 days before my period is supposed to start.
however i have light spotting today.
I am on birth control but had unprotected sex 6 days ago.
My ovulation however was 7 days ago, according to my calender.
i am NOT trying to get pregnant.
but google scares the crap out of people.
I am wondering if i can get a pregnancy test yet or if i have to wait until a day or so before my period.
March 13th, 2014, 06:14 PM
Veteran
@faye you can test 4 days or so before your period is due. Just make sure it's an early pregnancy test. When I was pregnant, it was clear at that time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search